Dear All ,

Shipment Update: All the Orders have been Shipped.

Thanks again for making this Group Buy , a grand success.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mpkandan

• mhguda

• strictlyobiter

Special Thanks to Mr. Vaibhav Sir for making it to happen.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Thank you

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

My polished green ripple, clipless with Schmidt converter and B nib was waiting for me when I arrived home from work today. A very attractive pen, well packaged. The only problem is that the Schmidt converter is clearly defective. When filled, the ink simply runs out of the nib/section in the space of about 2-3 seconds. I tried it with just the nib unit (unscrewed from the section) firmly attached to the converter and the same thing happened. Fortunately I have another spare Schmidt converter of my own, and I'm pleased to say that with that attached, all is fine. I'll test the pen later.

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

My polished green ripple, clipless with Schmidt converter and B nib was waiting for me when I arrived home from work today. A very attractive pen, well packaged. The only problem is that the Schmidt converter is clearly defective. When filled, the ink simply runs out of the nib/section in the space of about 2-3 seconds. I tried it with just the nib unit (unscrewed from the section) firmly attached to the converter and the same thing happened. Fortunately I have another spare Schmidt converter of my own, and I'm pleased to say that with that attached, all is fine. I'll test the pen later.

Does the converter fit firmly over the nipple?

Disassemble the converter, grease it up, and try again. The leak may be at the top

i will contact the seller and speak with him....will get back to you

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

I had a pretty hectic week with work. It's only today I have the time to post the pictures of my beautiful Ranga Bamboo. It has seen a LOT of use since Monday; four converter fills of ink in total. My Bamboo is fitted with a 1.5mm Jowo nib.

post-112324-0-04695000-1435438504_thumb.jpg

The nib has been great. The tines are perfectly aligned and the pen writes very smoothly. The feed is more than capable of keeping up with the generous nib; I filled four A4 pages in a meeting almost continuously and the feed showed no signs of struggle. I prefer a nib to write on the wet side so after going through a converter of ink I adjusted the flow to be wetter. A few passes of a brass shim etc and the pen is now writing 100% to my liking. Out of the box I found the flow to be very balanced, neither wet nor dry.

post-112324-0-75853000-1435438644.jpg

I was surprised at how nice the pen feels in hand. The groves of the bamboo-effect make the pen very easy to hold for long writing sessions. The feel of the warm ebonite is fantastic. Ebonite has easily become my favourite fountain pen material. The pen can be posted very securely, albeit the pen becomes a bit wand-like in appearance! Still, the lightweight ebonite means that even when posted the pen feels balanced. I generally write with my pens unposted however.

post-112324-0-54699700-1435438813_thumb.jpg

The colour of the blue rippled ebonite is kind of hard to capture accurately! In reality the pen is quite obviously blue but in pictures it does appear darker. I have pictured it next to my Asa Sniper in forest green ebonite as a comparison. The colour is exactly what I had in mind and I am very pleased with it. Peyton Street Pens has very accurate colour photos of the Bamboos on their website.

post-112324-0-81088100-1435438999_thumb.jpg

All things considered I am extremely pleased with my Ranga Bamboo. The pen arrived as already mentioned in a linen bag which caused quite the stir at home. The presentation was beautiful and unexpected. I have found the pen to be very airtight and unlike some of my other ebonite pens I have suffered zero dryout etc. I have used both wet and dry inks and the pen performs well with both.

Thanks again to Vaibhav and Ranga Pens for facilitating this group buy.

Thanks very much Strictlyobiter Sir for the pictures and nice words.

Glad that you like the pen.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

I had a pretty hectic week with work. It's only today I have the time to post the pictures of my beautiful Ranga Bamboo. It has seen a LOT of use since Monday; four converter fills of ink in total. My Bamboo is fitted with a 1.5mm Jowo nib.

All things considered I am extremely pleased with my Ranga Bamboo. The pen arrived as already mentioned in a linen bag which caused quite the stir at home. The presentation was beautiful and unexpected.

Thanks again to Vaibhav and Ranga Pens for facilitating this group buy.

Four converters - wow!

I just stole some of strictlyobiter's post to reinforce my own: I am very pleased with this pen. Many thanks to Vaibhav for organizing the buy and Ranga for their professional service, lovely pen and packing, unexpected extra (!), and pleasant communication.

I bought the eyedropper version, does anyone know whether the nib and feed can be removed?

Thanks in advance

Edited by caribbean_skye
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

edit : woops! Forgot the ED fillers did not come with the Jowo nib units.

Edited by strictlyobiter

I too have the dropper-filled version, you can pull the nib and feed. In fact, Ranga supplied an extra set (nib and feed) for such an eventuality. I pulled the nib on mine and swapped in an IPG that's slightly larger and somewhat smoother. Haven't looked back. The Wality nibs most Rangas come with are not so great.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I too have the dropper-filled version, you can pull the nib and feed. In fact, Ranga supplied an extra set (nib and feed) for such an eventuality. I pulled the nib on mine and swapped in an IPG that's slightly larger and somewhat smoother. Haven't looked back. The Wality nibs most Rangas come with are not so great.

Thanks. I asked for the B on mine. Will try pulling the nib and feed out now.

I received the ripple blue with the Conklin M nib. I had no idea what to expect and I took a gamble on this purchase. I also ordered a 4C in green. What I got was two great pens. The Conklin nib is very smooth and the bamboo is very pleasant to write with. The 4C is very well done and the top of the cap and the cap to barrel joint come together with no apparent seams. Beautiful pen and quite similar to my Onyx in shape and feel.

Thanks to Vaibhav and Ranga pens for organizing this.

After much finangling I managed to get the nib and feed out and reseated however I am still having the same issue.

UPDATE: Mr. Kandan was ever so helpful in directing me on how to fill an Indian Eyedropper. It appears to work like a charm. Thank you ever so much.

Thank you Vaibhav and Mr Kandan for facilitating this group buy. I love this pen and have enjoyed writing with it (its sooo pretty too) even during its quirky times (aka ED newb moment).

Edited by caribbean_skye

I am not sure I understand completely what you are describing, but it might be that indeed the feed you are using is too small - or the nib too large. Have you tried fitting the nib with the other feed? How do they fit together when not yet in the pen?

If the feed is too large for the pen, you can always try to file off a little material to see if you get a better fit. Go slowly because once off, it's off! but I have found with other pens that this sometimes helps.

Also, I've found that if the ink flow is so erratic, it sometimes helps if the feed is pushed further into the pen. The trouble with that is that it is not always easy to push both the nib and the feed together farther into the grip, and you end up with a nib that is overshooting the feed too much. Those were the instances where I took a little material off the feed, to be able to push it farther in. Also, digging out the channel tends to help.

Once you've scraped off material, remember to wash the whole assembly so you don't end up with scrapings blocking the ink flow...

I hope these ramblings are clear enough to help you figure out how to improve the ink flow.

Last resort would be heat setting the nib and feed. I use 30 seconds immersion in very hot water, then pushing them firmly together. Only immerse up to where the nib goes into the section.

Good luck! It's totally worth it...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I wasn't part of this group buy but bought an eyedropper version with the default Wality nib earlier. I haven't had any ink flow problems and since I have used other nibs after buying the Ranga Bamboo, the nib does feel a bit scratchy.

• 1 year later...

This all looks very good!!

Another question: As a newby to the fountain pen world (as it is now), and especially as a newby to this forum: Will there be another group by for the bamboo-style Rangas??!

This all looks very good!!

Another question: As a newby to the fountain pen world (as it is now), and especially as a newby to this forum: Will there be another group by for the bamboo-style Rangas??!

Dear Sir,

Welcome to the fountain pen world. Bamboo Group Buy would come in future

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company