Jinhao 250 碳素型

jaysongo

I have a Jinhao 250. The band script on the cap says "Jinhao" in cursive on one side and "250 碳素型" on the other side. I can translate the Chinese characters as saying "carbon model" but I can't figure out what exactly that refers to.

Is this just a name for the model of the pen, the particular design, or something to do with the materials used? As far as I can tell it looks and feels like brass.

Could it just be something like the nib script where it says that it's 18KGP but isn't really gold plated? Similarly could this just say carbon to imply a different material, but isn't.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• platon951

• jaysongo

• k3eax

• pcravis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

maybe the paint color its like a sticker carbon fiber (see them on cars)??

maybe a picture pen help //

nib stainless steel golden sides not gold //18kgp its model nib

mine golden 250 say the same characters the paint feels like a termo sticker

post-121786-0-32472200-1430590811_thumb.jpg

Edited by platon951

If the barrel does not seem to be metallic, it could very well be carbon fiber which does nicely in tube making.

If the barrel does not seem to be metallic, it could very well be carbon fiber which does nicely in tube making.

see them plastic/carbon sticker over metalic

this 250 cap and barrel see them black inside maybe carbon ??

like the 163 red

other pen paint review

post-121786-0-38061400-1430594228.jpg

post-121786-0-55778400-1430594379.jpg

Edited by platon951

It could be something to do with the design, though the particular 250 I have has the exact same random line design as a Jinhao X450 I have, and the X450 doesn't have any Chinese characters on it. Here they are side by side:

post-120324-0-20479100-1430599190_thumb.jpg

As for whether it feels metallic, it does look, sound and feel like a metal pen. So it may be a sticker of some sort, but even if it is a sticker, would that constitute it as a "carbon" pen in any way?

It could be something to do with the design, though the particular 250 I have has the exact same random line design as a Jinhao X450 I have, and the X450 doesn't have any Chinese characters on it. Here they are side by side:

attachicon.gifjinhao.jpg

As for whether it feels metallic, it does look, sound and feel like a metal pen. So it may be a sticker of some sort, but even if it is a sticker, would that constitute it as a "carbon" pen in any way?

mine 250 cap and barrel see them black inside maybe carbon ??

sticker like carbon stickers on cars ??

weight on this 250 pen with characters and without characters??

i dont have a scale

Edited by platon951

mine 250 cap and barrel see them black inside maybe carbon ??

sticker like carbon stickers on cars ??

weight on this 250 pen with characters and without characters??

i dont have a scale

I've weighed them like you suggested. The Jinhao X450 weighs 41g and the Jinhao 250 weighs 35g. It isn't that much of a difference, especially since the X450 is a bigger pen by circumference and is meant to accommodate a larger nib and feed, so you would expect it to weigh more. My opinion is that the exact same material is used to make both pens.

Edited by jaysongo

I've weighed them like you suggested. The Jinhao X450 weighs 41g and the Jinhao 250 weighs 35g. It isn't that much of a difference, especially since the X450 is a bigger pen by circumference and is meant to accommodate a larger nib and feed, so you would expect it to weigh more. My opinion is that the exact same material is used to make both pens.

ok maybe the carbon its on the golden material paint like the red picture jinhao

post-121786-0-12792800-1430636209.jpg

Edited by platon951

• 1 month later...