The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Help Me Identify..?

unknown warranted fountain pen

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 missuslovett

missuslovett

Writer, Artist, Weirdo

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2015 - 20:14

Hi, I posted this on the general forum and was advised to go local!

It's probably quite a lost hope but I was hoping some kind folk might help me to identify a lovely celluloid fountain pen I bought recently very cheaply. I suspect it's just a 'junk' pen but it's very attractive and blessed with a 14k warranted nib no. 6 which writes like a dream with flex xf - bb. It has no identifying marks at all except on the clip which offers me "pat no. 83573", which I suspect refers only to the clip type. It's a shortie at only 4.5" capped but it's such a sweetie it would be lovely to put a name to it. :)

I'm new to pens, so hoping wiser heads might give me a clue. Couple of pics...

[attachment=312037:P1020741.JPG][attachment=312036:P1020742.JPG]

Sponsored Content

#2 Alexcat

Alexcat

Lost in space

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:07

Is there anything written on the diamond shape on the clip? Wish I could help....it's very pretty!

Alex
"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

#3 Cob

Cob

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2015 - 16:23

I doubt it's English; the filler lever is typical of 1930s American production as indeed is the clip; made by Eclipse perhaps?

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

#4 peterg

peterg

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 16:24

I would say it is a third tier American pen but can't offer a manufacturer.

Third tier but blessed with good celluloid and a gold nib. Probably not worth much but worth owning!

#5 Azuniga

Azuniga

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2015 - 17:31

I have a very similar pen, the same celluloid but in brown, and little differences in the clip... it is a Wereaver

I hope it helps...

#6 CS388

CS388

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 19:00

Beautiful celluloid.

And a nib which goes from XF to BB? That's a keeper!

Enjoy.

#7 missuslovett

missuslovett

Writer, Artist, Weirdo

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2015 - 19:04

Thanks guys!

Alex, there's nothing on the clip but the pat. no.. My first instinct, without any specific knowledge, mind, was that it was American. On another forum, I noticed someone else had the same Pat. No. on the clip of a Diamond Point. But I don't know whether this means it's a 3rd tier Diamond Point (their clip design seems to vary) or just patented clip type...?

I guess I'll have to just enjoy using it - I'm definitely keeping it :)

#8 Cob

Cob

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2015 - 22:46

Thanks guys!

Alex, there's nothing on the clip but the pat. no.. My first instinct, without any specific knowledge, mind, was that it was American. On another forum, I noticed someone else had the same Pat. No. on the clip of a Diamond Point. But I don't know whether this means it's a 3rd tier Diamond Point (their clip design seems to vary) or just patented clip type...?

I guess I'll have to just enjoy using it - I'm definitely keeping it :)

I do not have the link, but patents can be researched on-line.  Perhaps you might find a little joy there?  On the other hand a number of makes of pen have the famous 1915 patent step clip found on so many Mabie Todds!

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

#9 missuslovett

missuslovett

Writer, Artist, Weirdo

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 May 2015 - 14:07

Hi Cob, I did actually wade through some of the patent links that Richard Binder put up on his excellent website but I'm afraid they were a bit confusing and I didn't get anywhere. I shall have to stock up on patience and give it another go.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: unknown, warranted, fountain pen

Sponsored Content

|