The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Nemosine Fission- .8Mm Stub

nemosine review stub nib

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JRav

JRav

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 April 2015 - 23:13

This is a review of the Nemosine Fission Gunmetal with a .8mm Stub Nib. 

Sorry for my poor penmenship, the reason why I got into fountain pens was to work on my handwriting and learn cursive. My one gripe with the pen is that sometimes it is overly dry to the point where it isn't a smooth writing experiance. Perhaps with time the nib will adjust? The pilot metro (fine nib) and Jinhao x450 (medium) are shown to give you an example of how the nib writes. I think the pilot writes a little finer, but the Jinhao is very similar to the downstroke of the pen

As far as weight, a lot of people say this is a heavy fountain pen, but I actually like the weight and don't think it's that heavy. The Jinhao is actually a little heavier to give you an example. It's roughly the same size as the Jinhao, but has a wider girth.

I wish the nib was a little more wet but that's something that can be fixed with alignment. I've noticed that sometimes it's really smooth and wetter, and then a few minutes later it'll start skipping every now and then. The line variation is pretty good as you can see in the pictures, however when I first got the pen (before opening the tines a little) the side strokes railroaded a lot.

Great pen, I got it for $25. Comes with a converter and six blue ink cartridges that work well. I ordered it from Goldspot.com and happened to land on a promotion where for 1 penny I got my name engraved on the cap for fun

Attached Images

• 20150427_185712.jpg
  • 20150427_185530-3.png

Edited by JRav, 28 April 2015 - 00:45.

Sponsored Content

#2 Gloucesterman

Gloucesterman

Transformation Coach

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2015 - 00:58

Thank you for the review. I will be ordering a Nemosine Singularity from xFountain pens in the next week or so and will be getting this nib. I already have the .6mm and really enjoy it.

One of the real keys to improving one's handwriting is to keep practicing - over and over and over again until it looks like you want it to. And then Practice SOME MORE.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

#3 pyramidValley

pyramidValley

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:07

That's interesting, I never knew they made a gunmetal version. And it looks like it's heavier than the plastic version. Thanks for the review!

#4 JRav

JRav

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:53

That's interesting, I never knew they made a gunmetal version. And it looks like it's heavier than the plastic version. Thanks for the review!

Apparently the Gunmetal version of the fission is hard to come by because it was the most popular, so a lot of places don't have them in stock and don't advertise them

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nemosine, review, stub nib

Sponsored Content

|