Identification & Selling Price Help (Meisterstuck 80's)

Armand.D

Hello all,

I recently picked up a MB meisterstuck which buyed my father probably during the 80's..
With plenty other FPs I don't have a real usage with it, so before selling it I would like to know if it is well a 149 or not.

It seems to be much finner than the usual one, and it has a "snap-cap" closure (not threaded).

The nib is 18K and engraved with the number "750", I don't know what does it means.

I don't believe this one accept converters, it is surely (universal) cartridges only.

Otherwise,

For sure it is used but in good condition, perfectly cleaned.
I would like to know what would the average price to put on sale, compared to a modern one/other models,

Thank you by advance.

Armand.D

Pictures :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/17/1430062132-n1.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/17/1430066327-n2.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/17/1430066334-n3.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/17/1430066339-n4.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matlock

• Armand.D

• MrMacky

• ingolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Salut Armand,

Your father's pen looks like a modern 144, which is a C/C pen; it is definitely not a 149 (which is a piston filler and MUCH bigger). I believe that the current generation of 144s might have 14K nibs whereas yours has an 18K nib (18K & 750 both indicate gold content), which would make it an older version. (I might be wrong here, tho'...)

As far as prices go, do a search on eBay for "Completed Listings" or "Sold Listings" to get a sense of what these pens are selling for currently. (These options might be in the Advanced Search screen, if you don't see them immediately available.)

HTH!

As mentioned above it is a 144 which is now discontinued. France required anything sold as "gold" to be at least 18K (18/24th gold 0.750% gold) so the nib on yours is 18K/750. It takes standard international size cartridges and converters. The early 144 converters are just push fit while the later versions were threaded.

My Website

I have seen one for sale, in worse condition than yours, for EUR 199. It is also a French market model with 18k nib.

A great pen.

Peter

..Thank you all !

So, it is definitely an older 144, a model which was reserved to the french market from what I understand.

The gold ring, 18K/750 gives me more details for the sale.

I will sell it as it comes without converter as maybe it will be difficult to find one,

Now I just have to see the "completed sales" prices, and put some classifieds (here/ebay)..

Thank you again.

Armand.D

There appears to be some corrosion on the nib ring (usual problem that can be easily repaired). I would estimate the market value of this pen as somewhere between $150-200.

The converters are readily available for about $10.

Edited by meiers

Can anyone identify this Monte Blanc model # <pics attached> ? I owned a 144 sent out

for repair. I got this pen returned 3 1/2 months later. I do not think this is the 144 I sent

the repair service based on the following:

. the pen is smaller in size meaning it won't accommodate the refills I used with my original

144 I sent in for repair. So basically this pen is unusable to me

. I owned my 144 for over 10 years. I remember the threads on the 144 were on the nib

and not on the stock as this pen has.

post-122447-0-80742100-1430496578_thumb.jpg

post-122447-0-31079100-1430496591_thumb.jpg

post-122447-0-41709800-1430496599_thumb.jpg

I "was" the owner of the Monte Blanc Meisterstuk 144 pen. I sent this pen in for repair

to a service out on the West Coast. What I got returned was NOT the 144 I sent but

something different. I am currently in dispute with the repair people that this was not the

pen I sent them. My argument is as follows:

. the pen is smaller than my 144 in the sense that my refills I used for my pen do not

fit this pen.

. I remember the threads on my 144 pen being on the nib and not on the stock as

this pen has

I need to identify this model # of the pen I have. I KNOW it is not compatible with the

144 model (refills don't fit), but I need to see someone put it in writing.

Gratefully,

John MacmASTER

post-122447-0-72113100-1430497251_thumb.jpg

post-122447-0-65058400-1430497258_thumb.jpg

post-122447-0-33684600-1430497267_thumb.jpg

It looks almost as though the threaded collar has come away from the nib section and remained in the barrel. That would prevent cartridges being inserted, what does anyone else think?

Edited by Matlock

Peter

Mr Matlock

What a brilliant observation ! Of course this is the solution. Thank you ...thank you for taking ur time to respond here.

Mr Matlock

What a brilliant observation ! Of course this is the solution. Thank you ...thank you for taking ur time to respond here.

Pleased to have helped. Hope pen is OK now.

Peter

There appears to be some corrosion on the nib ring (usual problem that can be easily repaired). I would estimate the market value of this pen as somewhere between $150-200.

The converters are readily available for about $10.

Ok, thank you for the estimation.

I will put it on sale very soon.

Armand.D