The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sheaffer Centennial?

sheaffer centennial

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AliaH

AliaH

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:02

Hi, y'all- I had a few questions regarding a pen I might be coming into soon.

My girlfriend's dad and I were talking about my new fountain pen habit and he mentioned he has an unopened Sheaffer Centennial pen that he would like to give to me if he can find it.

I do not know much about Sheaffer or high-end pens in general - the most expensive of my 5 pens are two Pilot Metropolitans.

I could not find too much about this pen around the internet and I was wondering if anyone here would have any knowledge about what to expect- i.e. what type of filling system it has, overall quality/performance, etc.

Any info would be appreciated, thank you!

Pilot Metropolitan (M)

Sponsored Content

#2 vikrmbedi

vikrmbedi

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:40

sheaffer centennial... that is quiet a gift... congrats... :)

as centennial means 100 years, it refers to limited edition pens released by sheaffer in 2013 to mark their 100 year anniversary.

there were based on sheaffer connaissuer. here is the official link

#3 Haribon

Haribon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:24

sheaffer centennial... that is quiet a gift... congrats... :)

as centennial means 100 years, it refers to limited edition pens released by sheaffer in 2013 to mark their 100 year anniversary.

there were based on sheaffer connaissuer. here is the official link

Huh? But the barrel and writing section looks like a Legacy Heritage. Were there two versions issued of the 100 year anniversary commemorative pen? This is the version familiar to me, which is based on the Legacy Heritage:

"Each Sheaffer Legacy® Heritage Centennial Limited Edition writing instrument is crafted in solid Sterling Silver and features intricately engraved images of significant pieces of Sheaffer history. Engraved in Germany, this collection is limited to 1913 pieces worldwide. Each writing instrument bears the internationally-respected hallmark from the Goldsmiths Company at the Assay Office of London. The Goldsmiths Company has been testing and marking jewelry and silverware since 1300 to guarantee the fineness and purity of precious metal content, making its hallmark one of the oldest forms of consumer protection."

fpn_1434850097__cocursive.jpg

#4 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,143 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:05

Huh? But the barrel and writing section looks like a Legacy Heritage. Were there two versions issued of the 100 year anniversary commemorative pen? This is the version familiar to me, which is based on the Legacy Heritage:

"Each Sheaffer Legacy® Heritage Centennial Limited Edition writing instrument is crafted in solid Sterling Silver and features intricately engraved images of significant pieces of Sheaffer history. Engraved in Germany, this collection is limited to 1913 pieces worldwide. Each writing instrument bears the internationally-respected hallmark from the Goldsmiths Company at the Assay Office of London. The Goldsmiths Company has been testing and marking jewelry and silverware since 1300 to guarantee the fineness and purity of precious metal content, making its hallmark one of the oldest forms of consumer protection."

Yup.  Just to keep the future collectors confused and confounded Sheaffer did issue two different versions of the Centennial pen, one based on the Legacy family and the other on the NoNonsense/Connaissuer family.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#5 Doug1426

Doug1426

Bopa

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:27

Quite the pen in either version.

"History Teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives." Abba Eban

#6 INAHON Sp. z o.o.

INAHON Sp. z o.o.

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:40

In fact, there are 3 versions of Centennial pens:

Centennial Solid Gold

Centennial Silver

Legacy Heritage

See my pictures:

ac9b81b3ca1e8ede.jpgfe9aed78b4330689.jpgd3ed9b9c44b0e81d.jpg271132c748b25836.jpg8091ba7046b7813f.jpg

Edited by INAHON Sp. z o.o., 09 September 2015 - 07:41.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/INAHON

INAHON Sp. z o.o. is on the Polish market since the year 1989. Our activity is divided into two parts. The first is segment of luxury writing instruments, were we distribute brands like Sheaffer, Aurora, Cross and FranklinCovey.

The second segment is distribution of stationery products, were we distribute such products as Pentel, Standardgraph, KSG, Stanger and Bruynzeel-Sakura.

#7 Haribon

Haribon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2015 - 16:52

... versions of Centennial pens:

Centennial Solid Gold

Centennial Silver

d3ed9b9c44b0e81d.jpg

Kinda weird to see NoNonsense/Connaisseur-like pens sporting the iconic inlaid nibs.

fpn_1434850097__cocursive.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sheaffer, centennial

Sponsored Content

|