• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• View from the Loft

• Jeffrey Garrett

• vPro

Bob, might that warrant a service repair/replacement from Waterman? If it had been crushed the band would be bent and doesn't look bent in your picture.

My Instagram page.

Yes, I would have thought so. I have sent them a picture email. There is no other damage, the whole pen is mint.

All your pens are mint! :)

Good luck with the quest.

not all... :blush: I have bought some rogues...they are out in my garden shed.

Yes, I will keep y'all posted.

Edited by Force

Well you cannot fault Customer Service,

Good morning

Thank you for your email and picture attached ..

We would recommend you to send your Edson fountain pen directly to our repair centre for repair to my attention.

Unfortunately, the cap placed on your pen should be a part of a defective batch. Our R & D and Quality departments managed to solve the problem earlier this year.

In order to record your pen in our system for repair, we would be glad if you could let us know your full address.

Upon receipt of your contact details, you will receive an automatic email with your “Return Material Authorization (RMA)” reference and how to proceed to send your pen to us. Please do not return your writing instrument in its original gift box. We recommend that you package your writing instrument securely in bubble wrap and place it in a padded mailer or box.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us,

That's not good!

I have a mint parker sonnet accession edition fountainpen with this same problem. I'm scared that they replace the cap for a standard one if I send it in...

Good luck!

Lennard

Nib (re)plating: please visit www.Dutchpen.com

That's not good!

I have a mint parker sonnet accession edition fountainpen with this same problem. I'm scared that they replace the cap for a standard one if I send it in...

Good luck!

Lennard

Yes, if they only resolved the issue this year one wonders how many out there are about to 'crack' or are already cracked.

Did you have to post it directly to France or to the UK place in Newhaven (I think)?

It is a concern that they know about it and there could be more out there. :huh:

It has gone to,

Newell Rubbermaid UK Limited

Service After Sales Office products

Halifax Avenue 12 - Fradley Park

Lichfield WS13 8SS

Did you have to post it directly to France or to the UK place in Newhaven (I think)?

It is a concern that they know about it and there could be more out there. :huh:

Sadly, the Parker premises in Newhaven were closed several years ago, and have since been demolished.

I'm glad that Force has received better customer service from NR in Lichfield than I have (I'm still smarting from them refusing to accept a receipted invoice from Parker in Newhaven as proof of purchase, refusing a warranty claim and quoting a ridiculous amount of money to resolve the problem (needless to say, I refused and sent the pen off to one of our excellent repairers).

It has arrived at NR.

Always good to get reassurance that our pens have made it to the destination. Fingers crossed that you receive it back as swiftly.

Update...nothing.

At 8am I emailed CS to check it's safe arrival even though I have Tracking info that it did.

No reply yet.

I have just been informed by CS that the cap has been replaced and the pen is heading back to me today.

I believe it could not have gone to France.

I stand corrected, the UPS Tracking states...

Saint-Herblain, France 05/07/2015 6:48 P.M.

Departure Scan 05/07/2015 6:14 P.M.

Origin Scan 05/07/2015 4:44 P.M.

Pickup Scan France 05/07/2015 10:37 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Delivery Monday 11th

If true, considering there will have been four non working days (weekend) it did not arrive with them until a Friday and we have had a UK Bank Holiday....that aint bad service.

Edited by Force

That's not good!

Good luck!

Lennard

That was a very common fault with the Parker Sonnet Accession FP (made by Waterman) it is fairly rare to find the Accession without cracks.

Peter