Esterbrook Limited Edition Lincoln Pen

mmg122

Necro-ing this thread as a favor to all lovers of Esterbrook, since finally, FINALLY all the pent up demand created by this conversation can be sated. HOWEVER, it is a Fahrney's exclusive, so act NOW, NOW, NOW!!! http://www.fahrneyspens.com/Item--i-30677S

Be sure to click the --Select Nib sizes -- button so you can be dazzled by the choices.

I don' t know how long the pen is going to be discounted at 20% off list, but for now only $556.00.

I also don't know which of the children from Miss Johnson's 3rd grade class did the engraving on the cap.

I believe the secret marketing strategy is to make the NEW J, Deluxe and Nostalgia seem like beautiful bargains by comparison.

greg <-- not sure if I've had too little or too much coffee today, but when I saw the email about this "pen" from Fahrney's this AM, I shed more than one tear.

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mmg122

• pajaro

• inkstainedruth

• Charles Rice

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not to mention the single review of the pen giving it a 5 star rating: "I like it"

Such detailed reviews cannot be ignored.

More like Pesterbrook.

$556 for a pen with an 18K gold plated nib. Perhaps a bargain at one hundredth of the price.

As it is, a bargoon.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Well you better hurry if you want it. Apparently there is only one. According to facebook it is one of a kind. Oh, wait. What is this about 150?

Facebook quote from 8/20/15: “The Esterbrook Abraham Lincoln Limited Edition Fountain Pen is now available at Fahrney's Pens! Visit www.fahrneyspens.com to purchase this one of a kind Fountain Pen. Limited to 150 pens worldwide.”

Limited to 150 pens worldwide.

Fortunately.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."

Man. The new Esterbrook is like a train wreck. Horrible in every way, but I can't stop looking waiting to see what happens next.

Did anyone actually talk to the guy at the DC Pen Show?

Edited by chad.trent

Does anyone else think the etching/engraving of Lincoln looks kind of unprofessional? Sort of like a doodle by a middle schooler.

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time. TS Eliot

Does anyone else think the etching/engraving of Lincoln looks kind of unprofessional? Sort of like a doodle by a middle schooler.

Yes. I agree completely.

"Oh deer."

And poor Honest Abe is suddenly depicted with a MUSTACHE! I don’t think there is any other image of him with a stache, so maybe that makes this pen more valuable.

• 1 month later...

Man. The new Esterbrook is like a train wreck. Horrible in every way, but I can't stop looking waiting to see what happens next.

Did anyone actually talk to the guy at the DC Pen Show?

I didn't talk to him. I talked to some woman at their table; I picked up one of the slimmer pens (not sure which model) and found it was really heavy for its girth -- too heavy, IMO, for me to want to do a lot of writing with at one sitting (for, say, doing my morning journal entries).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Commemorating the assassination of a President with the assassination of a pen company's name.

Look, buddy. If you don't have anything nice to say about this company

Then, say it anyway

The National Park Service announces a Florida Keys vacation to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of President Abraham Lincoln's death.

Reserve you own nights stay within Fort Jefferson, in the actual prison cell of Dr. Samuel Mudd [1] who was imprisoned for setting the broken leg of John Wilkes Booth.[2]

[1] There are actual overnight accommodations on Ft. Jefferson but I doubt within the cells there.

[2]Hence the saying, His name is mud.[3]

[3] Name sound familiar? The good Dr's. Great Great Grandson is Roger Mudd, the veteran CBS news correspondent

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Edited by OcalaFlGuy

Look, buddy. If you don't have anything nice to say about this company

Then, say it anyway

Because if you don't, someone else will!

"Oh deer."

The I Am Not A Crook speech was made in the Contemporary Hotel on Walt Disney World, about 80 miles from here.

I had to chuckle at this recently.

TrickyDicky.JPG

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

If I were a serious collector of Esterbrook, I would feel compelled to have one of these new pens. It is Esterbrook, even if Esterbrook Revival.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I remember Nixon. His signature facsimile is on my Air Force Commission. I remember the '68 and '72 election rigmarole and the Watergate festivities. I was in the Titan II ICBM field, and most of my colleagues said they would vote for McGovern, because he was reputed to have said he would send us all home. Clearly they knew nothing of McGovern, because he was a WW II bomber pilot, like all the hawks who were our bosses. I am convinced that Nixon never saw himself as a crook. I think he was also a WW II vet and deserving of respect like all the others who put their lives on the line.

"If I were a serious collector of Esterbrook, I would feel compelled to have one of these new pens. It is Esterbrook, even if Esterbrook Revival."

As a serious collector of Esterbrook pens, I wouldn't take one of these new ones for free. Esterbrook in name only and a travesty. Richard Esterbrook deserves a better legacy than this charleton has provided. IMO, he ruined the Conklin name and is hard at work ruining the Esterbrook name. Just sayin'.

• 3 years later...

MassDrop.com is currently selling this pen. There are only 17 pens left (in MassDrop's stock) each selling for $400 !! See it here:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/esterbrook-abraham-lincoln-le-fountain-pen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Without music life would be a mistake.

- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche (1844-1900; German philosopher, poet, composer and classical philologist)