The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Bung Box Tsuyuhikari (Dew Drop Light)

bung box green dewdrop tsuyuhikari first review

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 THEInkMinion

THEInkMinion

Super Geek

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2015 - 00:29

cant you guys just buy straight from BB I mean they do ship internationally...

You can but it cost a lot more.  Vanness is the quickest and easiest way to get them at a reasonable price.  I love Sailor inks so much and they have a great selection. 

Jesse                                     letterji9.png

Sponsored Content

#22 webgeckos

webgeckos

The Goodest Twin

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2015 - 00:45

For a REALLY nice color you should see their "FRESH ORANGES OF LAKE HAMANA" but I gotta say I loaded up a new calligraphy 1.4 pen  that arrived this morning & their NOSTALGIA is mighty fine as well!  I haven't met a Bung Box color that I don't like & if you think the Vanness price is expensive compare the offers for the same ink @ Amazon.  The price there is $35.55 with $22.08 shipping.  (With Vanness offering free shipping over $35.00 order I think it is a "steal!"

That came in on Saturday.. my friend Kathy ordered 3 BB ins from Vanness (the Oranges was for me.)  PenJockey and I fiddled about with it on Sunday.  I haven't inked it up yet, but I stole PenJockey's Twsbi (m) and filled out a contrast color for a review sheet. He had Sweet Potato in it.

Edited by webgeckos, 28 April 2015 - 00:50.

#23 webgeckos

webgeckos

The Goodest Twin

• Member - Gold

• 2,623 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2015 - 00:47

Bung Box inks are available at Vanness?  Who knew?

But YOWZA!  The prices!   :yikes:   I thought Iroshihzuku inks were pricy....

Thanks for the review, though -- that's a nice color.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I'm very pleased with Vanness. I've ordered about 5 bottles from them. They arrive promptly, except one which USPS delayed and not them.

The prices are on a par with what I paid for Cigar buying it directly in Japan + shipping to here.  There is also the peace of mind knowing the ink already survived the puddle jump to the States.

Also, I have to confess... I love their teeny tiny Rhodias and ink journals :D

#24 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,084 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2015 - 16:29

Very nice. THank you.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#25 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 April 2015 - 14:34

cant you guys just buy straight from BB I mean they do ship internationally...

You can but it cost a lot more.  Vanness is the quickest and easiest way to get them at a reasonable price.  I love Sailor inks so much and they have a great selection. 

No it doesn't.   I regularly buy straight from Japan because shipping charges USA/Canada are too ridiculous for words. 

My last batch of BungBox cost me $29/bottle Canadian... shipping included.    That's Canadian dollar... equivalent to $24/bottles USD.

Unless for some unknown reason BungBox shipping charges to US are totally different than Canada..  :P

C.

Edited by Cyber6, 29 April 2015 - 14:34.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#26 FPRebel

FPRebel

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:33

No it doesn't.   I regularly buy straight from Japan because shipping charges USA/Canada are too ridiculous for words. 

My last batch of BungBox cost me $29/bottle Canadian... shipping included.    That's Canadian dollar... equivalent to $24/bottles USD.

Unless for some unknown reason BungBox shipping charges to US are totally different than Canada..  :P

C.

Where did you place your order for BungBox at this amazing price ??

#27 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,084 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2016 - 23:01

Where did you place your order for BungBox at this amazing price ??

Yeah... where did you get that price?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#28 chromantic

chromantic

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,257 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:25

Wow, what a beautiful color! Thanks for the review.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

#29 goodpens

goodpens

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 19:20

Any recommendations for a comparable color at a lower pricepoint? Diamine Meadow? Other?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bung box, green, dewdrop, tsuyuhikari, first review

Sponsored Content

|