Bulow/jinhao Converter Question

Fountain Pen Mike

Hi, I've been doing a bit of research on youtube, and have come across a couple of videos that say that these pens work with Standard International cartridges/converters.

I will be ordering a Bulow X30 soon. It comes with converter, but I have another pen that will take an International converter. I'm ordering from Xfountainpens.com, and can get a 3 pak of Bulow converters there. I've emailed them, but they have not responded as of yet.

Do you think that if the Bulow will take a Standard International converter that the converter that comes with will also be Standard International? Makes sense to me, but I'm a newb with fountain pens.

Thanks.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fountain Pen Mike

• dan in montreal

• SteveE

• TheRealScubaSteve

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the other pen? If it's a Chinese pen (Baoer, Jinhao, Hero), it should work.

Not all "standard" international converters are alike, though. Pretty much all of my European pens that will not accept common "standard" Chinese converters as they are too wide.

I will be buying a lot of Chinese pens, as that's pretty much my budget. A nice Nemosine is next.

Hum, not sure about te Franklin Covey - perhaps someone who has one can chime in. As for the the Nemosine Singularity, it should work.

I will be buying a lot of Chinese pens, as that's pretty much my budget. A nice Nemosine is next.

The Knox line on their website are also nice writers.

dan in montreal, thanks. I've researched the Franklin Covey as extensively as I can. It takes Standard International converters. I will update here if anyone is interested as to whether it will take the Bulow variety of converters.

The Real ScubaSteve, thanks. I'll take a gander at the Knox line

Just bear in mind that the converters sold as "standard international" sometimes don't fit due to their physical size or the size of trim rings, gadgets, etc., that the individual makers may add. I have some of the Bulow converters that have a brass-colored metal ring at the end of the converter that goes into the section. They fit some pens, but are too large in diameter for some others. They don't cost much, and are eventually usable, but if they don't fit your particular pen that does not mean that your pen does not fit "international" cartridges or converters.

About the most universal fitting converters I've run into (that have a "brand" on them) are the Schmidt units. Waterman usually fits, too, and there are a raft of other brands that are hit or miss.

Just part of the fun of FP accumulating/collecting.

SteveE, thanks.

I do realize that "Standard International" re individual pens/converters is no guarantee, and they are all different. Which is the main reason I posted this thread. I was hoping the collective wisdom of this community might give me a solid answer in particular.

However, the Bulow converters are cheap, and I'm certain I'll find a pen or two that needs them in the future should they not work out immediately.

I have a Bulow X30 (on sale), the converters, and Chesterfield Antique Copper and Sapphire ink on it's way to me as I type this. I'll post my thoughts on all of them, and the compatibility of the converters with the FC Freemont after I've had a couple of weeks to "test drive" them.

Thanks again, folks.

• 4 weeks later...

Update.

These converters according to Xfountainpen.com, are indeed Standard International.

They also fit my Franklin Covey quite well. It is loaded with Chesterfield(Diamine) Sapphire Blue as I type this.