The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Inks For Corrections

ink corrections color

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Sandy1

Sandy1

Minty

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,902 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 14:05

When you use multiple colors, you need to keep real clear what each color is for, so you and your reader do not get mixed up and confused.

I've gotten myself mixed up when I used multiple colored highlighters to highlight my text books in college.

+1

The errors marked in Red might go to the secretarial / clerical staff who operated the keyboard to check against the original, but most likely end-up on the desk of document's originator to be checked. That might result in a call/email from them to the person checking the document, and perhaps cause a significant delay, especially if there are 'cascading' errors in the remainder of the document.

The changes marked in another colour have more to do with style, grammar etc, so are taken care of quickly.

The originator gets a scan of the marked-up document so they can do better next time - if there is a next time for them.

OBTW - there is a convention for mark-up / proofreaders. http://www.merriam-w...le/proofrea.htm

Bye,

S1

Edited by Sandy1, 23 April 2015 - 15:29.

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Sponsored Content

#22 ac12

ac12

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,535 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2015 - 18:18

Thanks Sandy, those were many of the marks that my wife used on my newsletter drafts.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

#23 ThePenGnome

ThePenGnome

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2015 - 22:43

I prefer R&K Alt-goldgrün for marking.

It's certainly a gorgeous ink!

#24 ThePenGnome

ThePenGnome

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2015 - 22:44

I'm going to go out on a limb here. I highly recommend Private Reserve Plum! It is a very interesting ink that behaves very well.

It's really pretty! I'm not sure how it would go over with this crew (military). Would be interesting though

#25 ThePenGnome

ThePenGnome

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2015 - 22:45

OBTW - there is a convention for mark-up / proofreaders. http://www.merriam-w...le/proofrea.htm

Bye,

S1

That's really helpful! I was familiar with some, but some are totally new. Thanks, Sandy!

#26 Abner C. Kemp

Abner C. Kemp

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2015 - 21:02

I like Visconti Green as it is sort of a blueish emerald green that stands out without looking super bright. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, corrections, color

Sponsored Content

|