An Elemental Review Of Graf Von Faber-Castell Elemento (L.e)

sannidh

I just took the Elemento out of rotation 2 days ago, although I'm itching to ink it again :) - but I must resist, because I already have too many inked and will receive two new ones next week.

I had it inked with R&K Alt Goldgrün. I usually try to match the ink with the pen, and the Alt Goldgrün was an ok match, but I still have to find the "perfect" ink for this pen (colorwise). How about you, what ink(s) do you use in it?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sannidh

• Frank C

• Lam1

• Azura

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just took the Elemento out of rotation 2 days ago, although I'm itching to ink it again :) - but I must resist, because I already have too many inked and will receive two new ones next week.

I had it inked with R&K Alt Goldgrün. I usually try to match the ink with the pen, and the Alt Goldgrün was an ok match, but I still have to find the "perfect" ink for this pen (colorwise). How about you, what ink(s) do you use in it?

Alt Goldrün, nice choice :)

Initially I was using the usual florida blue, then some dabble between gvfc moss green and mb toffee brown.

Still dabbling with the idea of getting a Omas Sepia for Elemento, what do you think about it? (Fine nib should be okayish with the wet ink)

(Found myself unable to manage too many inks at a time (so gave away the sailor equivalents) & the pen is resting at the moment)

Edited by soniknitr

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

Alt Goldrün, nice choice :)

Initially I was using the usual florida blue, then some dabble between gvfc moss green and mb toffee brown.

Still dabbling with the idea of getting a Omas Sepia for Elemento, what do you think about it? (Fine nib should be okayish with the wet ink)

(Found myself unable to manage too many inks at a time (so gave away the sailor equivalents) & the pen is resting at the moment)

I never used Omas inks, but I think Sepia goes very well with the Elemento - seems to be a very good choice. But then again, I have a soft spot for brown inks. Currently I have 2 out of 8 inked pens with brown inks (Pelikan 4001 brilliant brown and Diamime Rustic brown), and I'm saving the FC Halzenut Brown that I just got for a pen that will be here on Monday.

I like your choice of colors. The MB Toffe Brown is a favorite of mine and I have been eyeing the FC Moss green for quite some time now. You say the Omas Sepia is a wet ink? That would be a great pair for my M800 burnt Orange IB that, surprisingly, is a bit dry. So I guess I'll "need" to get one of those ;).

You must have quite a few inks, to be unable to manage them all :). I'm still in the learning phase, so for now just acquiring a few new ones. This week I took delivery of three Akkermans (Chinatown Red, Shocking Blue and Blue-Green) and learned that the blue green is almost the same as the Iroshizuku Syo-Ro that I received the day before :).

I never used Omas inks, but I think Sepia goes very well with the Elemento - seems to be a very good choice. But then again, I have a soft spot for brown inks. Currently I have 2 out of 8 inked pens with brown inks (Pelikan 4001 brilliant brown and Diamime Rustic brown), and I'm saving the FC Halzenut Brown that I just got for a pen that will be here on Monday.

I like your choice of colors. The MB Toffe Brown is a favorite of mine and I have been eyeing the FC Moss green for quite some time now. You say the Omas Sepia is a wet ink? That would be a great pair for my M800 burnt Orange IB that, surprisingly, is a bit dry. So I guess I'll "need" to get one of those ;).

You must have quite a few inks, to be unable to manage them all :). I'm still in the learning phase, so for now just acquiring a few new ones. This week I took delivery of three Akkermans (Chinatown Red, Shocking Blue and Blue-Green) and learned that the blue green is almost the same as the Iroshizuku Syo-Ro that I received the day before :).

gvfc Hazelnut brown seems to be a very good choice :) (bright & vivid). Feel that MB Toffee brown reflects kind of a more reserved & serious character. I someway feel Omas and visconti inks have much in common. The gvfc moss green ink seems to have the right shading qualities with a quick drying time (compared to iros/mb/diamine inks), for which I like the ink. You should definitely get that :)

Sepia is kind of well set match between the contours of orange & brown (the pelikan m800 burnt orange :), congratulations! for acquiring the special run). And, love those Akkerman bottles :) and thanks for sharing the blue-green & Syo-ro equivalence. Feel I too am a Padwan in inks, see how the pen discussion went on completely towards inks :)

Excellent review and pics of an Excellent very high quality and handsome pen.

:thumbup:

Thanks,

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

• 1 year later...

I am sorry but seems I can't see any pictures of the post.. I was looking for review of the larger faber castell intuition platino models.

• 2 months later...

I am sorry but seems I can't see any pictures of the post.. I was looking for review of the larger faber castell intuition platino models.

No idea why photobucket is showing 100% usage. Still have more than 50% free.

Pls go to the below link for the pics/review

http://iwonder-thecartographer.blogspot.com/2015/04/an-elemental-review-of-graf-von-faber.html

sannidh,

It's not about usage...it's about the fact that you have a free photobucket account.

Photobucket started enforcing their terms of service for free accounts about two months ago. No third party hosting of photos with free accounts.

Read the text on the images in your first post here. Says you need to update your account to have third party hosting.

You either need to upgrade to a paid account or sign up with another online hosting service that allows third party hosting with free accounts.

I had same thing happen to me....not fun....

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

sannidh,

It's not about usage...it's about the fact that you have a free photobucket account.

Photobucket started enforcing their terms of service for free accounts about two months ago. No third party hosting of photos with free accounts.

Read the text on the images in your first post here. Says you need to update your account to have third party hosting.

You either need to upgrade to a paid account or sign up with another online hosting service that allows third party hosting with free accounts.

I had same thing happen to me....not fun....

Mark

Oh that's so bad! Thanks Mark. Initially I think some toggling was happening b/w displaying the picture & message now thats totally gone. :(

Let me add some more pictures of this beautiful GvFC pen ... (unfortunately I sold my Elemento some times ago). And please note that the Elemento comes in a wide color range (my model was a little brighter than the model presented by sannidh) ...

post-121236-0-16459900-1504982673_thumb.jpg

post-121236-0-13370800-1504982692_thumb.jpg

post-121236-0-76867000-1504982706_thumb.jpg

https://schreibkultur.requirements.de ... my blog - currently in German only