The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

An Elemental Review Of Graf Von Faber-Castell Elemento (L.e)

gvfc elemento graf von faber-castell m805 intuition mb146

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2015 - 15:16

Striking pen. Wonderful review. Thank you for sharing!

Glad you liked it Millefleurs :D

Thank you !

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

Sponsored Content

#22 breaker

breaker

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:33

thanks for the review!

great pics!

Cogito ergo sum

#23 nicholasyeo

nicholasyeo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:16

Graf really makes some very lovely pens. I enjoy the Intuition very much as well, and have been eyeing the Pernambuco for quite some time now. Once you find it within yourself to fork out that amount, you do enjoy FC pens! One thing that really stands out is the nib - they do make sure it writes perfectly.

Edited by nicholasyeo, 20 June 2015 - 12:17.

#24 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• 994 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:11

thanks for the review!

great pics!

Thank you :)

#25 andylaw28

andylaw28

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:13

Absolutely stunning pen and thanks for the great review sharing!

#26 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• 994 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:16

Graf really makes some very lovely pens. I enjoy the Intuition very much as well, and have been eyeing the Pernambuco for quite some time now. Once you find it within yourself to fork out that amount, you do enjoy FC pens! One thing that really stands out is the nib - they do make sure it writes perfectly.

Very well put out, Nicolas. Their handmade nibs of course deliver a superb performance. Hope you get your Pernambuco at a good deal :)

#27 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• 994 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:16

Absolutely stunning pen and thanks for the great review sharing!

Thank you so much for going through the review :)

Edited by soniknitr, 21 June 2015 - 09:17.

#28 canibanoglu

canibanoglu

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2015 - 17:33

Great review for a great pen. I've always been stricken by GvFC's designs and the Elemento is a whole other matter. If only I could find one for a good price locally.

Thank you very much for a terrific review, I've been reading this repeatedly and enjoying the remarkable photographs for the last week. 

I sometimes write about pens, inks and papers!

#29 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• 994 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:20

Great review for a great pen. I've always been stricken by GvFC's designs and the Elemento is a whole other matter. If only I could find one for a good price locally.

Thank you very much for a terrific review, I've been reading this repeatedly and enjoying the remarkable photographs for the last week. 

I know these designs are really amazing and the GvFC pens are kind of faultless.

Thank you again for going through the review and your generous comments on the photos. Now you have reminded me of the Elemento and given that, I am away from this pen for a week; I want to write with it now :D

I have also PMed a link regarding the same.

#30 Azura

Azura

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:17

I have one with a scratchy F nib. It may not proper to describe it as scratchy, but it does have some feedback that tired my wrist. I have to send it back to Germany for smoothing via local distributor. Cannot say a very pleasant experience.  

#31 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• 994 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2015 - 17:29

I have one with a scratchy F nib. It may not proper to describe it as scratchy, but it does have some feedback that tired my wrist. I have to send it back to Germany for smoothing via local distributor. Cannot say a very pleasant experience.  

Guess it's an unfortunate experience for an expensive pen, Azura.

Btw, I had a superlative experience with their customer service. Have you tried contacting them (info@faber-castell.de) ?

If you have not already, do drop them an email about the elemento nib.

Best,

Sonik

#32 Azura

Azura

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:57

Thanks Sonik. Actually it is this wonderful review and great pics let me pull the trigger to pick up one pen. 

Yes, I did contact info@faber-castell.de, however, for the first time I wait one week and got no reply. Then I sent another email with a harsher tone. The next day I got a call from the local distributor in Singapore, the lady said the FC.de had forwarded the email to them, but they were very busy, so... But she promised that they can help me to swap my problematic nib with the nib they have with no issue, and they will send the problematic nib back to Germany later, the only thing I need to do it is to drop my pen to one of the store they told me. I was very happy and take a half day leave to send the pen. However, after that, almost half month, I got no update from them and cannot help to send them a email. Now they play with the policy, whey said they cannot swap the nib for with without defect. For my complain, they have to send to pen to repair center at Germany and they have done it already. It may take at least one to two months' time. Well, my pen is still in Germany now, I guess.

Anyway, I am happy to know such "unfortunate" is my experience only. Enjoy...(: 

Ps, have I mentioned how much I like your wonderful wonderful reviews? Not this one only, all of them! Excellent works, thank you for sharing!

Edited by Azura, 23 June 2015 - 01:59.

#33 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• 994 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2015 - 17:06

Thanks Sonik. Actually it is this wonderful review and great pics let me pull the trigger to pick up one pen. 

Yes, I did contact info@faber-castell.de, however, for the first time I wait one week and got no reply. Then I sent another email with a harsher tone. The next day I got a call from the local distributor in Singapore, the lady said the FC.de had forwarded the email to them, but they were very busy, so... But she promised that they can help me to swap my problematic nib with the nib they have with no issue, and they will send the problematic nib back to Germany later, the only thing I need to do it is to drop my pen to one of the store they told me. I was very happy and take a half day leave to send the pen. However, after that, almost half month, I got no update from them and cannot help to send them a email. Now they play with the policy, whey said they cannot swap the nib for with without defect. For my complain, they have to send to pen to repair center at Germany and they have done it already. It may take at least one to two months' time. Well, my pen is still in Germany now, I guess.

Anyway, I am happy to know such "unfortunate" is my experience only. Enjoy...(: 

Ps, have I mentioned how much I like your wonderful wonderful reviews? Not this one only, all of them! Excellent works, thank you for sharing!

I am kind of feeling guilty of the review since your elemento nib could not meet your expectations, when it ended up delighting many of us. One thing which I have had is an excellent experience with pelikan, lamy and faber-castell with their customer service. I want you to be rest assured that once these people have the pen, they will do an excellent job on it. I had to ship some pens to Germany (Lamy has a service center in India) and they wrote better than a brand new smooth nib. 

I just hope you have a delightful experience after getting the pen back :)

And I am at a loss of proper words, but thank you thank you thank you Azura, for your generous feedback on the pen reviews.

Best,

Sonik

#34 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• 994 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:16

Hope your pen is on the way back after servicing :)

#35 Lam1

Lam1

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,434 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2016 - 13:58

This is a great review and photos.

How does the cap of your Elemento fit on the pen? Does if fit snug in place or does it have some play?

#36 SirVival

SirVival

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:04

Just received an Elemento last week and the cap has a wee little bit of play.

No rattling around, but if you press on the cap from the side it moves. Hope that makes sense.

#37 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• 994 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:00

This is a great review and photos.

How does the cap of your Elemento fit on the pen? Does if fit snug in place or does it have some play?

No rattling around, but if you press on the cap from the side it moves. Hope that makes sense.

Thank you Lam1. I agree with SirVival, not the tightest fit but with wee bit of play :)

#38 Lam1

Lam1

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,434 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2016 - 00:40

Thank you Lam1. I agree with SirVival, not the tightest fit but with wee bit of play :)

Thank you SirVival and Soniknitr. I just wanted to check that mine was ok and as it is expected to be. 

SirVival, congratulations on the new Elemento. I hope you are enjoying it. In my opinion the Elemento is one of the most beautiful pens out there.

Soniknitr, you reviews are among my favorites and I always enjoy reading them. By the way, my collection has lots of pens in common with yours  :).

Edited by Lam1, 05 February 2016 - 00:40.

#39 SirVival

SirVival

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2016 - 01:18

Thank you Lam1, I agree, my most expensive pen to date but well worth it 😄

#40 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• 994 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:22

Thank you SirVival and Soniknitr. I just wanted to check that mine was ok and as it is expected to be. 

SirVival, congratulations on the new Elemento. I hope you are enjoying it. In my opinion the Elemento is one of the most beautiful pens out there.

Soniknitr, you reviews are among my favorites and I always enjoy reading them. By the way, my collection has lots of pens in common with yours  :).

Thank you Lam1 for your going through the reviews and your kind words :)

Glad that we have many common pens :D

Btw, what ink are using on the elemento (if it's inked now) ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gvfc, elemento, graf von faber-castell, m805, intuition, mb146

Sponsored Content

|