The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Let's See Those Vintage Nibs On Your Conid Bulkfillers!

conid vintage transplant nib

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 errantmarginalia

errantmarginalia

Généalogue

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:24

Does mean that a #6 jowo nib will actually fit a conid? I thought jowo would not fit a bock housing.

Joao nibs do fit the housing. However, whether the nib functions properly is, in my experience, hit or miss. I've tried three different Jowo nibs in two different Conids and found that the Bock feed created too wide of a gap between the tines, leading to hard starts. Others have reported having had more successful experiences, however.

Sponsored Content

#82 errantmarginalia

errantmarginalia

Généalogue

• Member - Gold

• 2,466 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:24

Does mean that a #6 jowo nib will actually fit a conid? I thought jowo would not fit a bock housing.

Jowo nibs do fit the housing. However, whether the nib functions properly is, in my experience, hit or miss. I've tried three different Jowo nibs in two different Conids and found that the Bock feed created too wide of a gap between the tines, leading to hard starts. Others have reported having had more successful experiences, however.

Edited by gylyf, 07 March 2017 - 10:24.

#83 Bill Wood

Bill Wood

Bill Wood

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2017 - 14:37

Jowo nibs do fit the housing. However, whether the nib functions properly is, in my experience, hit or miss. I've tried three different Jowo nibs in two different Conids and found that the Bock feed created too wide of a gap between the tines, leading to hard starts. Others have reported having had more successful experiences, however.

Sorry - I didn't mean to hijack the thread on Vintage nibs. My Jowo 6 is doing well in my Conid. Anyway I'm going thru my spare nibs today - a nuich of chinese to see if they fit.

#84 Adamseto

Adamseto

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:04

Dear Friends.

I need mix conidpen regular with sailor nib, Pls kindly help adv size nib of sailor, because i need send order to Japan.

20954009_1721832991163233_44695215559986

Name : Le Duy Hung

Address : No.730 Ngo Gia Tu Str., Hai An Dist., Hai Phong City, Viet Nam

Cell : (84) 979 13 49 53/ (84) 987 15 07 85

Email : thanchetdemnoel@gmail.com

#85 tungnn

tungnn

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:55

Dear Friends.

I need mix conidpen regular with sailor nib, Pls kindly help adv size nib of sailor, because i need send order to Japan.

20954009_1721832991163233_44695215559986

The Sailor nib comes from full-size 1911 pens

#86 mongrelnomad

mongrelnomad

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,500 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 22:10

The Sailor nib comes from full-size 1911 pens

Is it an easy swap? Cos I've got a cross concord emperor just crying out for that transplant...

Edited by mongrelnomad, 21 September 2017 - 22:10.

Too many pens; too little writing.

#87 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,379 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 17:59

Does anyone know if Platinum 3776 and Nakaya nibs will fit the Minimalistica?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

#88 jean

jean

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:41

Omas feed and bock housing # 5 + waterman # 4 nib = "Coniderman"

ELEYV.jpg

Sponsored Content