My Sketch Dump

TeaHive

Separated at birth?

Seriously...thanks. I will take this to heart. My handwriting's never going to be anything special, but at least I have been writing pen pal letters! Once in a blue moon, I've included a doodle.

Beg to differ, each and everyone of us has a unique and distinctive handwriting and I bet there's a lot to like about yours. I would love to do the pen pal letters too, could you please point me in the right direction?

Maybe I will be able to get one those doodles! ;o)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeaHive

• Sailor Kenshin

• Tas

• fountainpagan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope, no Mix account. I don't play well with others. :P To be honest, I have barely even checked out Mix. I think I read the little tutorial that popped up after the update and was like, "grrr, gtfo my app." And no blogs. There will eventually be eBooks, (still writing by hand and editing as I type it on-screen) but I'm writing under a pen name (fantasy erotica, lol) so even if my work was currently available, I wouldn't be saying, "Hey, this is mine!" xD It's slow-going due to other life obligations. But I MUST write longhand, dang it!

Definitely in agreement about physically writing and drawing being superior to the digital realm. The tactile feel of pen point, or pencil or brush, on paper just can't be replicated--I feel disconnected from work I do on the ol' tablet more often than not. Aside from Paper, I have some apps (Auryn Ink, Art Set, etc) that contain tools meant to replicate real artist materials. Pastels, crayons, watercolors and such. They just don't look, blend, or "feel" right. Digital art is just its own beast.

Beg to differ, each and everyone of us has a unique and distinctive handwriting and I bet there's a lot to like about yours. I would love to do the pen pal letters too, could you please point me in the right direction?

Maybe I will be able to get one those doodles! ;o)

Thanks!

There's a Snail Mail thread right in this sub-forum, plus one other newer one just started (something along the lines of Write To The Person Posting Above You)...all you need to do is join in.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

... but I'm writing under a pen name (fantasy erotica, lol) so even if my work was currently available, I wouldn't be saying, "Hey, this is mine!" xD It's slow-going due to other life obligations. But I MUST write longhand, dang it!

Aside from Paper, I have some apps (Auryn Ink, Art Set, etc) that contain tools meant to replicate real artist materials. Pastels, crayons, watercolors and such. They just don't look, blend, or "feel" right. Digital art is just its own beast.

LOL yeah! I know the feeling. My artistic nude/ erotic photography work remains under wraps because it has conflicted with my main commercial work.

Have you ever tried Procreate? It's nowhere near as good as doing it analog but it has many ways to customize brushes and achieve interesting results.

Thanks!

There's a Snail Mail thread right in this sub-forum, plus one other newer one just started (something along the lines of Write To The Person Posting Above You)...all you need to do is join in.

Gorgeous! Got 'em, thou it's: The next poster gets a letter! ;o)

I will join for sure. You're still doing pen pal letters?

Gorgeous! Got 'em, thou it's: The next poster gets a letter! ;o)

I will join for sure. You're still doing pen pal letters?

I am. They keep my fountain pens in shape!

• 1 month later...

Thanks, flummoxed!...

Tea Hive, WHERE did you get that second notebook/ledger? Want.

Chain-smoking elf. Giggle.

Thanks guys!

The notebooks used from the top are:

Rhodia Webnotebook (JetPens)

Clairefontaine French-Ruled Notebook (Goulet!)

Mead organizer with RayMay Tomoe River Paper inserts (paper from JetPens, got the organizer several years ago at Target)

and the last two are in a sketchbook I made myself with Dick Blick White Sulphite drawing paper.

The elf guy and the man in orange ink are a couple of main characters for the homoerotica I'm writing. Fufufufu!! :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

A more refined sketch of the guy in orange ink above, this time done with a Parker Striped Duofold pencil, 0.9mm lead, and an ebony pencil.

89237601ea2c636be4ca2182baa77c94.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Great stuff :), thanks for sharing the link to this thread TeaHive, these are the threads I'm looking for but do not find in many cases.

I'm looking forward to see more.....

Great stuff :), thanks for sharing the link to this thread TeaHive, these are the threads I'm looking for but do not find in many cases.

I'm looking forward to see more.....

No problem! I've been doodling today, so there ought to be more to show soon. :)

Diamine Chocolate ink on Sustainable Earth copy paper:

10570464_10156314318020324_4847591407223

Character sketches for my novel, using DeAtramentis Apple Blossom, Noodler's Zhivago, Diamine Eclipse, Iroshizuku Syo-ro, washed with water:

1779046_10156314318085324_18273383058638

A more realistic version of the fox girl in progress, using a pencil made of a couple different vintage Parker parts, 0.9mm B lead:

12375958_10156314317935324_9632695895524

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I'll be able to keep this up, but I started doing an inky doodle a day for this year. First up is some character art for my writing. Diamine Rustic Brown ink in a Kaweco Sport EF, washed over with water, in a Rhodia Webnotebook.

1917420_10156353174090324_59738351619017

Yesterday's is Diamine Graphite in a Parker Parkette with a Pilot EF nib, same notebook and more water. I was watching Night of the Living Dead last night, hehe.

1929885_10156354454130324_17414348143853