Renaissance Art Free Journal For New Customers

French

Hi everyone,

I don't usually post things like this, but, I do own a few Renaissance Art products and are very satisfied with them.

Arthur sent an email yesterday with this link:www.freeleatherjournal.com

If you have never purchased from Renaissance Art, you can follow the link and they will give you a free journal. In the interest of full disclosure, just for posting this, they will give me a discount coupon code.

Renaissance Art has a pretty good following here, now is a no risk chance to try one if their journals.

French

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• jordanjay29

• Cushy Butterfield

• Cryptos

Thanks for including us on this offer. I ordered the journal & a refill package of papers. I appreciate both of your efforts to make these journals available to more people. I have enjoyed handmade leather work & interested in new examples. Yesterday while I was looking @ things in an antique mall I had set down a leather tote that has been around the world a few times with me. Another customer picked it up & was giving it a "good look see" when his wife gave him a "good WHAT ARE YOU DOING? That is NOT for sale! It belongs to that guy over there I saw him put it down to look @ something!" I assured him there was "no problem" & he said he couldn't help noticing it because he "liked a good leather bag!" He was wearing an obvious example in back pack version. I felt kinda happy my old bag was still attractive to others in spite of it's mileage!

Looked at the site, but there doesn't seem to be a place to plug in the coupon code mentioned in the video....

That being said, these seem a bit pricy. I like that they're made in the US, but if I'm going to be spending that much on a journal I'd rather commission one from a friend (and have).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Looked at the site, but there doesn't seem to be a place to plug in the coupon code mentioned in the video....

That being said, these seem a bit pricy. I like that they're made in the US, but if I'm going to be spending that much on a journal I'd rather commission one from a friend (and have).

Ruth, you have to go to the next page, titled "Shopping Cart" Here is what the part which you input the discount code looks like below:

Discounts: Gift Certificate / Discount Coupon / Fund Raising -- Enter Your Code Below 1ptrans.gif1ptrans.gif1ptrans.gif1ptrans.gifWhat

is

this? 1ptrans.gif1ptrans.gifTOTAL CREDIT

It is half way on the second page I think not the first one.

I can't purchase another journal; not even a free one. I have received my Franklin-Christophe journals from the Massdrop several months ago. I am in love; my fountain pens are in love; my fountain pen inks are in love; we just having a love fest in my world..... :wub:

Edited by fountainpenlady

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

Last time the offer came up they wouldn't send overseas without further payments. I've had another go this time around and I note that the checkout page says non-US shipping is $14.95. I think that is very fair, and I hope that this time I will get the opportunity to see, touch and assess a product from Renaissance Arts. After all, they do have a good reputation!

Ruth, you have to go to the next page, titled "Shopping Cart" Here is what the part which you input the discount code looks like below:

Discounts: Gift Certificate / Discount Coupon / Fund Raising -- Enter Your Code Below 1ptrans.gif1ptrans.gif1ptrans.gif1ptrans.gifWhat

is

this? 1ptrans.gif1ptrans.gifTOTAL CREDIT

It is half way on the second page I think not the first one.

I can't purchase another journal; not even a free one. I have received my Franklin-Christophe journals from the Massdrop several months ago. I am in love; my fountain pens are in love; my fountain pen inks are in love; we just having a love fest in my world..... :wub:

Yeah, I hadn't gotten far enough along in the process.

Well, have one on order now, and we'll see what the paper is like. If I don't like the paper enough, I may use the leather part as a cover for the cheap mini composition books I use for stuff like keeping track of expenses (the ones they sometimes have at Dollar Tree are 2/$1 and are made in India -- the paper seems to be pretty good; at the moment I have one from Stapes, made in Egypt, that I got on sale for a buck). Or I will contact the friend who custom made some journals for me a year ago January and ask her to show me how to make signatures (and what the paper she uses is -- I think she orders from John Neal Booksellers, and from what another friend said, it may be Fabriano paper).

Do I need another notebook/journal? No, not really -- I just got a half dozen of the Miquelrius flexible cover ones (in 3 different colors for the covers) with 300 pages each, for journaling; at 3 pages a day, I would go through 1-1/2 to 2 of those per year....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thanks for the heads up. I've ordered one too. As a freebie, the postal charge of $14.95 is worth it, and what lovely e-mails you get confirming the order. I especially love the pictures of Arthur. He looks a very savvy dog.

Whoops!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course. Arthur would have been an afghan or maybe borzoi. Sorry Arthur and Alex. :blush:

I hope everyone enjoys their journals. My passport size is a daily carry (it takes the place of the Midori passport).

Thanks for the heads up. I've ordered one too. As a freebie, the postal charge of $14.95 is worth it, and what lovely e-mails you get confirming the order. I especially love the pictures of Arthur. He looks a very savvy dog.

After receiving the emails I replied that I hoped Alex would be the designated "staff member" who would be hand tearing the paper for my additional journals I ordered. Surprisingly those lovely emails may be "stock" & computer generated BUT Arthur responded that Alex was "only allowed to tear the pages when his paws were without mud & he had never seen them such so no he would NOT be allowed to tear my papers!" I was heartened to note that a reply was acknowledged unlike so many that always "bounce back" with the nota that NO LIVE HUMAN WOULD EVER BE RESPONDING NOR ACKNOWLEDGING MY QUERY! ( I am always heartened to know that the sender obviously has only my best interests "at heart.") I was sorry Alex would not be allowed to tear my paper. I wouldn't have minded a bit of muddy paw print!

Thanks for this post! I have just ordered. I like the passport size and hope mine comes with a picture of Alex the dog

Thank you French for letting us know and, surely, enjoy this brand.

I have ordered one, being outside the US, it makes $14,95 as a total - Great price.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

• 2 weeks later...

Mine came in today. Very well made product.

I liked the little cloth bag containing the refills.

When I first touched the paper by hand -- it feels soft -- I was afraid that it would be porous and would feather. Nothing could be farther from the truth. It was behaving nicely even with my wettest firehose of a pen : a Broad M1000. Ink stays in place, doesn't bleed, doesn't feather. *and* it dries fast.

-k

In the interest of full disclosure, just for posting this, they will give me a discount coupon code.

French

French, I've a question for you - I posted this deal to a different list the same day the offer was sent out and sent Arthur an email to say so. I haven't heard a sound since about the discount he offered for doing so. Did you hear from him yet?

Got mine over the weekend. It's very nice, but I'm glad that I got this as a giveaway -- the regular price is way more than I could afford for something this size and capacity. I was also somewhat bemused by the "Made in US" designation since the leather comes from Italy and the paper from France (I can't believe you can't get leather in the US, and as of 2013 at least, there were still high quality specialty paper mills in the US -- I just finished reading _On Paper_ by Nicholas Branbanes, and one of the places the author visited to do prep research was a paper mill somewhere in PA that is staying in business by looking at niche markets and making specialty paper).

That being said, I do really like the ability to refill it. And I should note that in my experience, Arches paper is excellent particularly for doing watercolor, so I suspect it will also be good for doing ink sketches as well.

Got mine over the weekend. It's very nice, but I'm glad that I got this as a giveaway -- the regular price is way more than I could afford for something this size and capacity. I was also somewhat bemused by the "Made in US" designation since the leather comes from Italy and the paper from France (I can't believe you can't get leather in the US, and as of 2013 at least, there were still high quality specialty paper mills in the US -- I just finished reading _On Paper_ by Nicholas Branbanes, and one of the places the author visited to do prep research was a paper mill somewhere in PA that is staying in business by looking at niche markets and making specialty paper).

That being said, I do really like the ability to refill it. And I should note that in my experience, Arches paper is excellent particularly for doing watercolor, so I suspect it will also be good for doing ink sketches as well.

Okay Ruth, you convinced me to go ahead and take the plunge. One little point though. When you actually place your order there is a $9.95 charge for S&H, which I consider to be reasonable for what I am getting for "free". However, later in the order, if you have it sent via USPS, there is no charge for that method. So in fact, ithere is a charge for the item, although, again, it is very reasonable. I'm not a lawyer, (I leave that to amberlea) but that is a bit misleading.

There a commercial that runs on the local radio station (WBZ 1030am) for a replacement window company. They make fun of another company that advertizes, "buy 5, get one free". Their point is that if you have to buy 5 in order to get an additional window (for no extra charge), it's not free! I am sure there are many people who seriously think that "fifth window" is free. Kind of sad when you think of how easily we are mislead.

BTW, cute signature.

-S-

Edited by brgmarketing

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”