Sailor Bung Box Tears Of A Clown

Abner C. Kemp

- The picture is taken with a very poor phone camera. In order to view the review in more detail please feel free to open the Pdf. file.

post-108956-0-39878500-1429139401_thumb.jpeg

post-108956-0-10159800-1429139413_thumb.jpeg

Sailor Bung Box TOC.pdf

Edited by Abner C. Kemp

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Abner C. Kemp

• webgeckos

• Algester

• Mew

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also, if anyone happens to have a bottle of this ink they are willing to part with or know where I could obtain a bottle I would greatly appreciate it. I am definitely going to need more than a sample!!

Also, if anyone happens to have a bottle of this ink they are willing to part with or know where I could obtain a bottle I would greatly appreciate it. I am definitely going to need more than a sample!!

Bung-Box ships internationally.

https://ecserv.biz/bung-box/contact_en/index.php

Usual cheap(ish) and efficient Japanese postal service, 3-5 business days to USA.

I'm eyeing Ink of Witch and Dandyism myself.

Edit. Looks like they are out of stock ATM, and awaiting resupply for Sailor.

Edited by tinkerteacher

Semper Faciens, Semper Discens

Vanness pens had some (link) but it's currently out of stock--not associated with Vanness other than as a happy customer.

Vanness pens had some (link) but it's currently out of stock--not associated with Vanness other than as a happy customer.

Thanks, I'll be picking up a bottle when they get some stock!!

I love this ink. Red Cashmere is better, but even harder to obtain.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I bought my bottle from Vanness. It took a couple of weeks of checking every night before they finally had it.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this color name, but does anyone else think that the color is very similar (and maybe too similar) to Oku-yama/Grenade? Maybe I am not using it in a broad enough pen, but the colors look very similar to me in my writing samples.

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

I love this color name, but does anyone else think that the color is very similar (and maybe too similar) to Oku-yama/Grenade? Maybe I am not using it in a broad enough pen, but the colors look very similar to me in my writing samples.

Interesting, I'd love to see a comparison if anyone has one. It'd be much easier for me to pick up a bottle of Oku-yama. From what I've seen, Oku-yama looks a touch more pink and with a bit less dark/black shading.

Edited by Abner C. Kemp

Interesting, I'd love to see a comparison if anyone has one. It'd be much easier for me to pick up a bottle of Oku-yama. From what I've seen, Oku-yama looks a touch more pink and with a bit less dark/black shading.

I compared Oku-Yama and Grenade but not in the same pen. I'll do this in June when I have some leisure time finally. I agree with you, if thought that Oku-Yama was one step away from the blues in Grenade. I tested both in vintage pens with 14kt gold flexy nibs.

This is my favorite Bung Box ink and one of my favorite reds. Thanks for the review.

If you let Mike or Lisa Vanness know that you want a certain Bung Box or Akkerman ink, they'll grab it out of the next shipment and notify you. I'm very grateful that they carry many of the hard to find inks. They're good folks.

• 8 months later...

Interestingly enough, I have a bottle of this and the ink of witch, which I picked up from Massdrop.

I keep thinking about all the fur that flew during that Massdrop, over the price. I am so glad I grabbed another bottle of this and Sapphire.

I ended up ordering my bottle from Vaness a long while back. The people there are great and contacted me the moment they got the ink in stock. $40 is a steep price but I really do enjoy this ink. Interestingly, the bottle I got has a bit more brown than my sample did. Still absolutely love this ink and if you tend to use broader nibs there is some magnificent gold sheen.