A Few Pics Of The Aurora 365 Optima

Bryant

Thought I would share a few pics of the new Aurora 365 Optima. Really good looking pen I think! What do you think? Im told delivery will be next week. Limited to 365 Pens worldwide. $795 MSRP.

Aurora_Optima_365_fp-4.jpg
Aurora_Optima_365_fp-1-2.jpg

Chatterley Luxuries and Pentime

Web: Chatterleyluxuries.com

Email: Info@chatterleyluxuries.com

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calabria

• Frank C

• dms525

• akustyk

Top Posters In This Topic

:yikes: Oh, my! That's a perfect match for some of my favorite reddish-brown inks! It's way better than "good looking," to my eye. :puddle:

David

• 2 months later...

I snagged one today. I think this is the most beautiful release from Aurora in a long time - the colors are reminiscent of the OMAS Arco, but it looks altogether different. Like some of my favorite things - tea and scotch.

With this pen I'm officially breaking with my long held preference for chrome / rhodium furniture and nibs. Bring on the gold!

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

That is a beauty!!! Love that colour. Aurora is really tempting me of late - first the Mar Adriatico, and now this :wub:

I got mine today (#260). It's beautiful, truly gorgeous. Not inking it yet, just giving myself time to admire it for its beauty.

mine is #298. I have a few EF nibs from Aurora, but this one is entirely different, absolutely smooth and almost as fine as a Japanese XF or F. I think they paid special attention to this nib. Unlike some of you, I inked it up presto!!

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

PS The gold is a reddish hue, not yellow or pink - almost as if they picked the gold hue for a perfect match with the caramel resin

– Lin Yu-T'ang

mine is #298. I have a few EF nibs from Aurora, but this one is entirely different, absolutely smooth and almost as fine as a Japanese XF or F. I think they paid special attention to this nib. Unlike some of you, I inked it up presto!!

I haven't decided if I should buy one, yet. But you folks are making it hard to resist.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

I don't mean to sound like an enabler ;) , but the quality of manufacturing on this pen is stunning. It feels every bit as well-made as a Sailor Realo. In fact, my the Sailor Realo Pro Gear and the Optima are very similar pens. The Aurora 18k nib is as good as the Sailor 21k nib. There's a sense of perfect nib geometry. I haven't seen such craftsmanship on a non-Japanese nib before, except maybe on a vintage Montblanc #14.

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

Aurora has outdone themselves with this one. It's the first I've been tempted to buy since the Blue Mare.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I don't mean to sound like an enabler ;) , but the quality of manufacturing on this pen is stunning. It feels every bit as well-made as a Sailor Realo. In fact, my the Sailor Realo Pro Gear and the Optima are very similar pens. The Aurora 18k nib is as good as the Sailor 21k nib. There's a sense of perfect nib geometry. I haven't seen such craftsmanship on a non-Japanese nib before, except maybe on a vintage Montblanc #14.

I totally agree. I have a few Optimas and more than a few Aurora nibs but this one is different. IMO there is a difference to my beloved Sailors though - there is a noticeable craftsmanship involved in all aspects of the pen, it seems more handmade and therefore more tactile. I LOVE the old style cap band.

I think with such a small run the company really paid attention to each pen. Ugh - I'm sounding gushy.

– Lin Yu-T'ang

I totally agree. I have a few Optimas and more than a few Aurora nibs but this one is different. IMO there is a difference to my beloved Sailors though - there is a noticeable craftsmanship involved in all aspects of the pen, it seems more handmade and therefore more tactile. I LOVE the old style cap band.

I think with such a small run the company really paid attention to each pen. Ugh - I'm sounding gushy.

I have an Aurora 88 Nera Demonstrator. It has a very solid feel to it. The tolerances are very tight. Whenever I show it to another fountain pen user, who doesn't have any Auroras, they want to keep it.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Think it is a very handsome looking pen!

:thumbup:

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Doesn't do anything for me...if Aurora used the celluloid supplier as OMAS that would be a dream come true.

I hear you but the pen looks different in real life.

– Lin Yu-T'ang

I purchased mine 251/365 this past Friday, with an extra-fine nib, from the good folks at Vanness Pens in Little Rock, Arkansas. I took it home and inked it up and have been writing with it ever since.

Beautiful pen, the colors are deep and rich. The photos I've seen online do not do it justice.

It is a nice writer too. It isn't quite as fine as my Aurora Afrika extra-fine but it is a little bit more smooth.

It will be by new every day pen for the next bit.

- Grayling

I ordered mine from Novelli. As of last week, Marco had not received any yet. The factory told him within 10 days. You are really amplifying my impatience!

Has anyone received an Optima 365 from Novelli?

David