The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Noodler's Dark Matter—A Handwritten Review

noodlers noodlers black inks dark matter los alamos noodlers dark matter shaded black ink green black black ink reconstructed ink vmail

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mhphoto

mhphoto

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2015 - 18:53

Here's a highly recommended ink with an AWESOME back story. If you like black inks with subtle undertones (green in this case), this is definitely one to try. Heck, I think it's worth a try just based on how it came about. 

ydcmjp.jpg

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2015 - 19:35

Meh.

This review is so much better than the ink itself.

#3 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,337 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:42

Nice review. Nice ink. One of my favourite blacks. Very subtle let alone none of the "blackest blacks".

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#4 PS104

PS104

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:17

I'd buy it just for the name

#5 PDW

PDW

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,233 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 14:54

Tried it, liked it, but it dried out and turned the couple of pens I used it in (sorry, can't remember which) into hard starters.

Des anyone have a fix?

#6 mhphoto

mhphoto

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:50

Tried it, liked it, but it dried out and turned the couple of pens I used it in (sorry, can't remember which) into hard starters.

Des anyone have a fix?

Depending on the pen type a nice soak in a diluted (1:10) ammonia solution. Try flushing it repeatedly first, if that doesn't work then try leaving it in the pen (as you would ink) for about 15-30 minutes. 

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

#7 PDW

PDW

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,233 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:39

Depending on the pen type a nice soak in a diluted (1:10) ammonia solution. Try flushing it repeatedly first, if that doesn't work then try leaving it in the pen (as you would ink) for about 15-30 minutes. 

Sorry - my bad explanation. The pens are cleaned out - but I'd like to use the ink if somebody can help me reduce the clogging which it seems to cause. Has anybody had the same problem? Would diluting it help?

#8 arrScott

arrScott

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2015 - 20:10

Nice review. It's become one of my favorite inks, and it now alternates with Zhivago as my go-to black ink. DM walks a fine line; it has the character of a gray but the presence of a true black. 

#9 ethernautrix

ethernautrix

Be the Pen Posse you want to see in the world.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,814 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 00:15

Nice review. Kindv a coincidence for me: A local and fairly new-to-fountain-pens pen nerd recently asked me about black inks. I said I could give him samples of Noodler's Black and Platinum Carbon Black (I haven't even looked for those inks here, in Poland). I didn't think I had any more black inks, but lo! I had kept my bottle of Dark Matter, and just today I gave him samples of these three inks, plus Ellis Island and Zhivago. All I could remember about Dark Matter was that it was based on vintage black ink, and he said, "So... black ink." I'll send him a link to your review. Cool!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noodlers, noodlers black inks, dark matter, los alamos, noodlers dark matter, shaded black ink, green black, black ink, reconstructed ink, vmail

Sponsored Content

|