The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Noodler's Luxury Blue—A Handwritten Review

noodlers luxury blue luxury blue eternal bulletproof soft blue blue ink noodlers eternal permanent blue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mhphoto

mhphoto

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2015 - 17:56

Here's one of the better inks in the 1 oz. Eternal series of Noodler's inks. It's soft and slightly chalky, but looks great on Rhodia. Definitely recommended!

VFJH2O.jpg

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2015 - 18:20

Is so glad to have you back ... reviewing, or at least posting old reviews...  :lol:

Awesome review... not crazy about the color.. but AWESOME review.. THANKS!!!!!!

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#3 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2015 - 20:50

Great review as C said. The color - not really :)

#4 pen2paper

pen2paper

arty o the irst art

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 21:48

I love this rich true blue ink. First used it in my just restored Wahl semi-flex ringtop, finding that Lux Blue flowed beautifully, also showing subtle shading. Rather than chalky, what I see is dense true blue that does not compromise by shifting into darkness towards black. It remains blue without becoming watery, or transparent. Add to this, the eternal qualities.

Not for everyone. That's why there are always new inks to be developed and tried out in a variety of nibs. 

If you enjoy semi-flex nibs, and prefer a serious true blue solidly in the mid-range rather than dark-blue, or blue/black, and transparency you may wish to try Lux blue.

Also, I do flush when changing inks, and have not had any issue with Lux Blue flushing completely or causing any issues. (the sac in that Wahl is approximately 10 years old > Lux Blue is Its ink of choice).

emoticon-animal-007.gif~Hi! fountain pen enthusiast here~

#5 mhosea

mhosea

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:37

Always appreciate mhphoto's reviews, and I find the comparisons particularly useful, given the vagaries of color rendition in scans and photographs. Thanks for helping to clarify, for example, the relationship between Luxury Blue and Upper Ganges Blue.

I know my id is "mhosea", but you can call me Mike. It's an old Unix thing.

#6 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:02

So, how is the new house?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#7 Frank C

Frank C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:05

Thanks for the review. Another nice blue. I had to void a check recently and looked though all of the Noodler's Eternal inks. This has always been a favorite. 

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson "I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel
I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noodlers luxury blue, luxury blue, eternal, bulletproof, soft blue, blue ink, noodlers eternal, permanent blue

Sponsored Content

|