I have decided to review some inks. These aren't necessarily in any particular order.
This one is from the latest Diamine 150th Anniversary inks 1864 Blue-Black. It's quite a saturated blue-black shade compared with Waterman Mysterious Blue. To my eyes it seems to contain more black than some other blue-blacks I have seen.
- Water test on the review form shows this isn't a waterproof ink.
- Bearing in mind the paper I use is very smooth, and the nib was a medium, this ink took 15-16 secs to dry
- It flows reasonably wet, and lubricates the nib OK I have used inks that have had better lubrication than this one.
- It is currently available in 40ml cake slice shaped glass bottles.
- Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.