The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Very 'cute' Pens?

cute pilot kakuno

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 TMK

TMK

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:03

This I could go for...  Nakaya rolling stopper cat, with sapphire eyes.  

nakaya-rollstopper-cat-sapphire.jpg

Woooooooooooooooooooh! So cute!!!

Edited by Teen Addict, 13 April 2015 - 12:04.

Sponsored Content

#42 candide

candide

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:15

Smashing! Thanks. Think I'll get a converter for more choice of ink.

Can't wait to see the pens. I got confirmation of order today. I'm getting 'desist & anchor', 'beckoning, pink' and 'strawberry milk'. LOL

I like the sound of Desist & Anchor :lol:

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

#43 hbdk

hbdk

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2015 - 20:42

Maybe this:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item257bf5b7e4

People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them - Dave Berry

Min danske webshop med notesbøger, fyldepenne og blæk

#44 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,471 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2015 - 17:26

Just what the world needs: a Parker Urban that's been "bedazzled". :sick:  I'll pass, thanks.

It wasn't a bad looking color pink, otherwise....  Of course it's *still* an Urban, so there's really no hope.   :glare: 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#45 DanDeM

DanDeM

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,019 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 23:02

Not a spring chicken any more, but she still has style...all three inches of her.

fpn_1410633785__salz_blupeterpan_-_2.jpg

#46 Dickkooty2

Dickkooty2

That Dick in Hood River

• Member - Gold

• 1,474 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2015 - 23:25

I just received this note from a reader in Germany who requested that I post his/her views on "cute"

"Cute" kann, wo Sie von Ihrem Alter sind und abhängen. Ich habe eine Sammlung von Hummel Stifte mit den süßen kleinen vorpubertären Jungen und Mädchen, die Erwachsenenaktivitäten. Aber mein Favorit "cute" Stift (Ich nehme an, niedlich ist "cute") ist mein Fett Hermann Stift mit Hermann in einem sehr niedlich Flugzeug.

I think the observations speak for themselves.

#47 TeaHive

TeaHive

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,077 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 00:18

Not a spring chicken any more, but she still has style...all three inches of her.

Eeeeee! I love it!

#48 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 April 2015 - 00:29

The Platinum and Sailor Hello Kitty SE pens were, sadly, a one-off Sanrio licensing thingie that may or may not be coming back given the massive backlash against Kawaii culture that is now building up steam in Japan.
At this point, the only people with remaining stocks that are readibly accessible by non-Japanese, at least for the Preppy Hello Kitties, that I've seen are the Japanese stationary company Penroom. There maybe be a few others, and if you don't really care about quality and authenticity, I've seen a fair number of chinese fakes on eBay.

Kawaii Culture Backlash Wave! Sailor Moon's new attack!

#49 Katharine

Katharine

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:50

Inoxcrom make some "cute" pens.

#50 Jerome Tarshis

Jerome Tarshis

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:36

I have greatly enjoyed this thread, although my taste in pens and women has up to now been more austere than all this with Hello Kitty. (I am currently writing with an Aurora Hastil in stainless steel and, I concede, a Parker 51 Demi that is feline in its own way.)

More, more. Granted, the OP would consider me a doddering ancient. Still, it may be time to walk away from "I like Radcliffe girls," a dated reference, and consider some less-than-serious froufrou. There is also plenty of serious froufrou, but I am thinking of froufrou with a wink.

#51 FayeV

FayeV

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2015 - 19:17

Ooooh I really like the Hello Kitty pen. My 10 yr old would love it too!
I'll have to look into the Sailor Clear Candy too. Getting great ideas for my daughter's next fountain pen. :)

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

#52 Gizumi

Gizumi

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2015 - 19:25

Can't wait to see the pens. I got confirmation of order today. I'm getting 'desist & anchor', 'beckoning, pink' and 'strawberry milk'. LOL

Komomono Honpo just shipped my order. I shouldn't say anything until it gets here, but $49 incl s+h for two fricken adorable CCs, a bottle of Sailor Jentle Ink, and a bottle of Iroshizuku?! If everything comes in safely and on time, I'll swear by this store for the rest of my fountain pen life.

I just received this note from a reader in Germany who requested that I post his/her views on "cute"

"Cute" kann, wo Sie von Ihrem Alter sind und abhängen. Ich habe eine Sammlung von Hummel Stifte mit den süßen kleinen vorpubertären Jungen und Mädchen, die Erwachsenenaktivitäten. Aber mein Favorit "cute" Stift (Ich nehme an, niedlich ist "cute") ist mein Fett Hermann Stift mit Hermann in einem sehr niedlich Flugzeug.

Unfortunately I had to run this through Google Translate to read their comment, but I do agree! I'd love to see what their favorite cute pens look like!

I have greatly enjoyed this thread, although my taste in pens and women has up to now been more austere than all this with Hello Kitty. (I am currently writing with an Aurora Hastil in stainless steel and, I concede, a Parker 51 Demi that is feline in its own way.)

More, more. Granted, the OP would consider me a doddering ancient. Still, it may be time to walk away from "I like Radcliffe girls," a dated reference, and consider some less-than-serious froufrou. There is also plenty of serious froufrou, but I am thinking of froufrou with a wink.

In absolute fairness, I also like the more serious aesthetic of some old fountain pens - they are a bit too expensive for me at this exact moment, however. Perhaps when I am older and more importantly, with a stable income, I'll be able to afford such elegantly built pens. Of course there are always happy middles, like the Nakaya blue sapphire cat!

#53 TeaHive

TeaHive

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,077 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 19:27

This thread has me watching a listing for a pair of pink Hello Kitty Platinum Preppies. I just don't need two, lol.

#54 cleosmama

cleosmama

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2015 - 20:01

That is gorgeous. I love those Peter Pans. 

#55 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,471 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2015 - 00:57

It's not "Snotty Radcliffe b*tch"?   ;) 

That may also be a dated reference at this point....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#56 Dickkooty2

Dickkooty2

That Dick in Hood River

• Member - Gold

• 1,474 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:27

Today, Gizumi wrote of the german quote that i hadn't bothered to translate. My Bad!

Dickkooty2, on 14 Apr 2015 - 16:25, said:snapback.png

Unfortunately I had to run this through Google Translate to read their comment, but I do agree! I'd love to see what their favorite cute pens look like! ... from Gizumi.

Here is a quick translation for the gist of my friend's note:

"Cute" is where you are on your age and country. I have a collection of Hummel pens with the sweet little prepubescent boys and girls conducting adult activities. But my favorite "cute" pen (I assume that  cute is  "niedlich") is my fat  Hermann pen with a very cute plane.

Following on Gizumi's request for pictures, I asked ny friend for some shots. The reply said in effect that there would be problems with the subject matter but he/she would attempt to convey the spirit of the pens, if not the reality.

My attempt to convey the gist:

http://s271.photobuc...html?sort=3&o=0

A boy and girl figure are juxtaposed in such a way that when the pen is posted the figures are amalgamated,

http://s271.photobuc...6dvv60.jpg.html

A former ReichsMarshall is in a plane that drifts back and forward over England as you tilt it.

​I hope I have caught the example of "cute" that my friend intends.

Danke,

That Dick in Hood River

#57 Lamyrada

Lamyrada

Super Witch

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:50

My wife has both of these. Cute as buttons (and blessed with wonderful Sailor nibs)!

Sailor Hello Kitty Sapporo Mini (14k nib):

post-85357-0-48982000-1397453716.jpg\

Sailor Hello Kitty 40th Anniversary (21k nib):

This is really a good one to have! LUV!

#58 Jerome Tarshis

Jerome Tarshis

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:53

It's not "Snotty Radcliffe b*tch"?   ;) 
That may also be a dated reference at this point....

Not snotty to me. Then again, there is a little publication in jest that awarded the Marlborough Gallery the prize for most forbidding gallery atmosphere, and I can say in all honesty that I liked Marlborough girls, too. Which may help to explain some pleasant experiences during golden days gone by.

Edited by Jerome Tarshis, 17 April 2015 - 06:56.

#59 PortiaDaCosta

PortiaDaCosta

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2015 - 13:01

I like the sound of Desist & Anchor :lol:

I got my three Clear Candies and inked up 'Desist and Anchor'. I think it's called that because as well as the anchor motif, it has the Sailor trademark prominently displayed as part of the design. The other two don't have the trademark front and center in the same way.

Anyway, I love it! It's a really nice little writer. Fine nib, with some feedback, but not at all scratchy or unpleasant.

PORTIA DA COSTA
writing erotica and erotic romance since 1991/

born again fountain pen addict
http://www.portiadacosta.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cute, pilot kakuno

Sponsored Content

|