The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Very 'cute' Pens?

cute pilot kakuno

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 bbycrts

bbycrts

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:58

A Chibi from JetPens.  Cute because it's tiny.  Really tiny.

Sponsored Content

#22 mongrelnomad

mongrelnomad

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:16

Absolutely. Some of the best nibs on the market...

I'm not the biggest fan of Hello Kitty but those are seriously making me consider giving in to it. Those nibs are wonderful! Do they live up to the good name of Sailor, too?

Too many pens; too little writing.

#23 mongrelnomad

mongrelnomad

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:16

I just found the pen you're talking about.

08_mini.jpg

IT'S SO MUCH MONEY ON EBAY but I've decided that I need this pen. So badly. Was it only just released?!

That really is a amazing. If my daughter was just a little bit older... 

Too many pens; too little writing.

#24 PDW

PDW

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:52

Do you have to limit yourself to choice of pens to get 'cute'?

In a fit of madness I loaded a Lamy violet cartridge into a poor, inoffensive white Safari. I've just written a scribble to remind myself of what the combination looks like and I'm still screaming inside ...

#25 Maurizio

Maurizio

Scribbler

• Member - Gold

• 1,281 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:41

Not cute with decoration, but I think a Kaweco Sport pen is cute in its form; it's pocket-sized and compact. I think it comes in one or two "girly" colors.

It's also a good writer. I have a black one.

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace

Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

#26 Gizumi

Gizumi

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2015 - 20:51

Maybe a Sailor Clear Candy? (Though I have both the Clear Candy and Kakuno, and I think the Kakuno is the better choice.)

I really like the Line x Safari (mainly for the cute bear clips! :D), but the price not so much.

Candide, thank you for the suggestion! I looked up Sailor Clear Candies and they have some really cute limited edition ones.

candy-dot3.jpg

Looking around, I found some on Global Rakuten and ordered the red ladybug and yellow cat - hopefully it will go through and I'll receive it maybe next month... But look at that cat!! It will be so worth it.

Do you have to limit yourself to choice of pens to get 'cute'?

In a fit of madness I loaded a Lamy violet cartridge into a poor, inoffensive white Safari. I've just written a scribble to remind myself of what the combination looks like and I'm still screaming inside ...

I didn't think too much about the ink combination! I have some very muted inks at the moment, but at some point I'm going to research and splurge and get some really unique bright colors. Do you mind showing me what your violet+white looks like? :D

#27 tinkerteacher

tinkerteacher

Factotum

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:53

Just do a Google search for "Kawaii" and "Fountain Pen".

Be careful that there are no office mates or sibilings within viewing distance, and make sure to delete your search history afterwards.

Edited by tinkerteacher, 10 April 2015 - 09:08.

Semper Faciens, Semper Discens

#28 tinkerteacher

tinkerteacher

Factotum

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:54

How do I get my grubby paws on those Hello Kitty pens?

The Platinum and Sailor Hello Kitty SE pens were, sadly, a one-off Sanrio licensing thingie that may or may not be coming back given the massive backlash against Kawaii culture that is now building up steam in Japan.

At this point, the only people with remaining stocks that are readibly accessible by non-Japanese, at least for the Preppy Hello Kitties, that I've seen are the Japanese stationary company Penroom. There maybe be a few others, and if you don't really care about quality and authenticity, I've seen a fair number of chinese fakes on eBay.

#29 candide

candide

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:13

Candide, thank you for the suggestion! I looked up Sailor Clear Candies and they have some really cute limited edition ones.

Looking around, I found some on Global Rakuten and ordered the red ladybug and yellow cat - hopefully it will go through and I'll receive it maybe next month... But look at that cat!! It will be so worth it.

I didn't think too much about the ink combination! I have some very muted inks at the moment, but at some point I'm going to research and splurge and get some really unique bright colors. Do you mind showing me what your violet+white looks like? :D

Those Ladybug and Nyanko Clear Candies are so cute! Mine is the blue & white anchor print version (aka the crazy Sailor fan version :D), but I also like the Tokyo Skytree version. I hope you like your Clear Candy! :D

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

#30 shawndp

shawndp

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 962 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:24

The Platinum and Sailor Hello Kitty SE pens were, sadly, a one-off Sanrio licensing thingie that may or may not be coming back given the massive backlash against Kawaii culture that is now building up steam in Japan.

At this point, the only people with remaining stocks that are readibly accessible by non-Japanese, at least for the Preppy Hello Kitties, that I've seen are the Japanese stationary company Penroom. There maybe be a few others, and if you don't really care about quality and authenticity, I've seen a fair number of chinese fakes on eBay.

Thanks for the heads up on the Preppy pens @ Penroom - I remember seeing those a while ago and then forgot about them. On the plus side they appear to have extremely competitively priced Pelikan's (M1000 for CAD550) and since my brithday is on Sunday and it would only be prudent to combine shipping... you get the idea :)

@the OP - I am sorry I threadjacked... The Sailor Clear Candy is a nice daily writer - bought one for a friend and she loves it.

#31 Gizumi

Gizumi

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2015 - 13:23

I'm not exactly up to date with Japanese culture - what is this kawaii backlash? I only know that the 'moe' obsession is getting old, but I haven't heard anything about the kawaii cute things.

@the OP - I am sorry I threadjacked... The Sailor Clear Candy is a nice daily writer - bought one for a friend and she loves it.

It's no threadjacking, and anyway I'm glad that you did! I never heard of the Penroom so I am looking into it to browse their pens. I wouldn't have found out about it otherwise!

#32 tinkerteacher

tinkerteacher

Factotum

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2015 - 13:59

Thanks for the heads up on the Preppy pens @ Penroom - I remember seeing those a while ago and then forgot about them. On the plus side they appear to have extremely competitively priced Pelikan's (M1000 for CAD550) and since my brithday is on Sunday and it would only be prudent to combine shipping... you get the idea :)

Given the brittle nature of Platinum Preppy barrels and the intended consumer's age group, it's quite possible those Preppy Hello Kitty Special Editions will become valuable in a few years time. (or, at least that's what I tell people wondering what a forty-something man is doing using one)

Yes, you'll find prices for German pens are cheaper in Japan than they are in Germany itself because of all the competition.

edit: Be careful of Penroom. While they do carry out-of-production, rare and also hand-crafted artisanal stationary, they also tack on an 8% gaijin fee other merchants on Rakuten don't. The store Gizumi linked to are much better in that respect.

Edited by tinkerteacher, 10 April 2015 - 14:16.

#33 StrawberryJam

StrawberryJam

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2015 - 15:24

This I could go for...  Nakaya rolling stopper cat, with sapphire eyes.  

nakaya-rollstopper-cat-sapphire.jpg

:yikes:  Where do I get one of these pens?

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.) 

#34 tinkerteacher

tinkerteacher

Factotum

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2015 - 16:43

:yikes:  Where do I get one of these pens?

Do you have USD 700 for the pen, and USD 250 for the cat?

(those are real sapphires)

If so, nibs.com .

#35 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2015 - 16:54

Do you have USD 700 for the pen, and USD 250 for the cat?

(those are real sapphires)

If so, nibs.com .

Or you can spend  $0.99 on this cute kitty and added to any pen...    :lol:

Cute-Silver-Cat-Shaped-Ring-With-Rhinest

Edited by Cyber6, 10 April 2015 - 20:31.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#36 StrawberryJam

StrawberryJam

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:54

FYI someone just put up one of the Sailor LE hello kittys for sale in the classifieds (not my listing).

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.) 

#37 TeaHive

TeaHive

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,077 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 15:52

I bought a whole set of Miffy's Garden themed FP's on eBay. They are stinkin' adorable, and I use them for my planner. Here's an example: http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ad2a877cc

They come in yellow, pink, green, and a teal color. ^_^; Even cheapie pens can be fun!

#38 PortiaDaCosta

PortiaDaCosta

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:06

Oh lor, I'm supposed to be on a pen economy drive until July, and this thread has capsized it.

Can I ask those who have Sailor Clear Candies... do they take standard Sailor cartridges? A Sailor converter?

I only ask because I've ordered a couple, well, three CCs from Rakuten.

Thanks!

PORTIA DA COSTA
writing erotica and erotic romance since 1991/

born again fountain pen addict
http://www.portiadacosta.com

#39 candide

candide

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:08

Yes, the Clear Candies take the standard Sailor cartridges and converters. I use the converter in mine. :)

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

#40 PortiaDaCosta

PortiaDaCosta

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:53

Yes, the Clear Candies take the standard Sailor cartridges and converters. I use the converter in mine. :)

Smashing! Thanks. Think I'll get a converter for more choice of ink.

Can't wait to see the pens. I got confirmation of order today. I'm getting 'desist & anchor', 'beckoning, pink' and 'strawberry milk'. LOL

PORTIA DA COSTA
writing erotica and erotic romance since 1991/

born again fountain pen addict
http://www.portiadacosta.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cute, pilot kakuno

Sponsored Content

|