The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ink Review: Diamine 150Th Anniversary Terracotta

diamine 150th anniversary ink terracotta

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 14:53

I have decided to review some of my favourite inks. My samples are obtained from Diamine inks.

This one is from the latest Diamine 150th Anniversary inks Terracotta. It's a typical terracotta shade. Inks that are in this colour range seem to be less lubricated than some other ink colours, but it's still a nice flowing ink, and I like the colour. It reminds me of Diamine Ancient Copper but they aren't quite the same. Ancient Copper is more red and is slightly more saturated than Terracotta.
  • Water test on the review form shows this isn't a waterproof ink.
  • Bearing in mind the paper I use is very smooth, and the nib was a medium, this ink took 15-16 secs to dry
  • It flows reasonably wet, and lubricates the nib OK I have used inks that have had better lubrication than this one.
  • It is currently available in 40ml cake slice shaped glass bottles.
  • Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
fpn_1522567106__diamine_terracotta.jpeg

Sponsored Content

#2 Frank C

Frank C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2015 - 15:11

I recently purchased a Graf von Faber Castell intuition pen whose color is "terra cotta". While the pen color has more orange than this, the name certainly fits. 

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson "I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel
I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

#3 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,059 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2015 - 15:45

Chrissy, thanks for the review.  I thought the ink would be oranger.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#4 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:09

It is less orange than Collodi and has a hint of red in it but not as much as Strauss

#5 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 16,911 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2015 - 16:46

Thanks for the review.  This is an interesting looking color.

I just got a sample of this, but hadn't tried it yet.  It's a little bit of a different color choice for me (I tend to lean towards blues, blue-blacks, pinks, purples, and greys), but I decided to try and push the envelope a bit.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#6 musicman123

musicman123

The Sciency, Music Guy

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2015 - 17:05

Thanks for the review. This isn't really my color.

Check out my blog at Inks and Pens

#7 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 17:20

Thanks for the review.  This is an interesting looking color.

I just got a sample of this, but hadn't tried it yet.  It's a little bit of a different color choice for me (I tend to lean towards blues, blue-blacks, pinks, purples, and greys), but I decided to try and push the envelope a bit.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I hope you enjoy using it. I've pushed the envelope quite a bit with my samples that I'm reviewing

#8 alarickc

alarickc

Inknut

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:22

Thank you for the review. I admit it saddens me to see that this doesn't look like a satisfactory replacement for MB Leonardo Red Chalk. Ah well, there's always the next chalky red-brown.

fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20res

#9 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:35

Thank you for the review. I admit it saddens me to see that this doesn't look like a satisfactory replacement for MB Leonardo Red Chalk. Ah well, there's always the next chalky red-brown.

Did you look at Diamine Strauss from the Music Set?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine, 150th anniversary, ink, terracotta

Sponsored Content

|