Limited Edition Poseidon Magnum Ii

kazoolaw

BEXLEVY, which is Bexley pens, has limited edition Poseidon Magnum II piston fillers for $99 on ebay, with choice of steel nib sizes.

gary

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mhosea

• gregamckinney

• masterguns

• Barkingpig

Gary - Not exactly...They are being Auctioned with the initial bid starting at $99...

Absolutely correct, and I got mine at that price, just like Bobby.

gary

BEXLEVY, which is Bexley pens, has limited edition Poseidon Magnum II piston fillers for $99 on ebay, with choice of steel nib sizes.

gary

Gary-

Thanks for the heads up.

Fred

Thanks for the heads up as well - I got mine today for the starting price of $99. One of today's batch didn't even sell. These non-production colors are currently being offered on the Bexley site in their boutique section at the special price of $225.

And I also owe you a "Thanks" because I got mine today @ the opening bid price as well! I liked the first one I bought well enough to have ordered the second. (Both cartridge/converter) which made this one fun to try a piston filler @ basically the same price as the two I had. I think these finishes were all pretty nice & some unusual ones. Thanks for "pointing us in the right direction!"

Thanks for a heads up on this. I just picked one up. $99.99 (actually... 95$ since I got a 100$ gift card for 95$)

Well, after following this thread, I ignored my instincts to avoid e-bay and bid the $99.99 on a Poseidon Magnum 2 with a maximum raise to $105.99. The pen had no bidders and two days left on the auction. i checked the next day and I checked one hour before the close of the auction and I was the only bidder. Sure enough, after signing on to the computer a couple of hours later to pay for said pen, I learned two people had engaged in a mini bidding war and jacked the price up more than 25% in the last 20 minutes of the auction. Bottom line, I wasted my time and no pen...

Well, after following this thread, I ignored my instincts to avoid e-bay and bid the $99.99 on a Poseidon Magnum 2 with a maximum raise to $105.99. The pen had no bidders and two days left on the auction. i checked the next day and I checked one hour before the close of the auction and I was the only bidder. Sure enough, after signing on to the computer a couple of hours later to pay for said pen, I learned two people had engaged in a mini bidding war and jacked the price up more than 25% in the last 20 minutes of the auction. Bottom line, I wasted my time and no pen...

......this is how eBay works

Gary, thanks for the tip. I've been watching this guy for the last two weeks and finally saw one that made me jump.

I'm looking forward to seeing if the phrase below from Nibs.com is accurate

Without being awkward or heavy, this size of this fountain pen gives more control to the fingers. Many calligraphers like the large gripping section so that they can give subtle rotation to the pen.

I have quite a number of this model pen, and definitely like the size of the pen and the gripping section.

I am not a calligrapher, but I have very large hands, and smaller/ thinner pens are not comfortable for me.

I've picked up several of these non-production color Poseidon Magnum II pens Howard has put on eBay starting in December.

Sent a few with factory B nibs off to be stubbed, and am very happy with the result.

Best Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

Have you used the same person to stub each pen? Would you mind to say who did the work? I also have amassed a few "broads" ( three Bexleys including one of these Poseidons besides others) that could use a "good stubbing" BUT I have not yet used ANY nibmeister. After hearing good things about all concerned I fear I am about @ the stage of "eeny, meeny, miney...." I have enjoyed a "stock" stubs on my Delta Dolce Vita OS along with 2 Sheaffers. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you.

Have you used the same person to stub each pen? Would you mind to say who did the work? I also have amassed a few "broads" ( three Bexleys including one of these Poseidons besides others) that could use a "good stubbing" BUT I have not yet used ANY nibmeister. After hearing good things about all concerned I fear I am about @ the stage of "eeny, meeny, miney...." I have enjoyed a "stock" stubs on my Delta Dolce Vita OS along with 2 Sheaffers. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Barkingpig,

I sent pens to several nib folks. I usually do this (not necessarily at the same time like this time) because I like to support multiple artisans.

In this case (Bexley factory steel B's to CIs) I sent pens to Dan (formerly of FPG,) Pendemonium and Pendleton Brown. I only have the pen I sent Dan back yet, and it is great.

However, I have sent quite a few other pens to Pendemonium and PB2 and had no hesitation sending this latest batch to them.

I've also recently had work done on other pens/ nibs by Mike-it-work/ Michael Masuyama (Pilot Custom 823) and John Mottishaw/ Nibs.com (Pelikan Blue Ocean, Pelikan M800 old style, Pelikan 800 Stresseman.) You can't go wrong eeny meeny-ing with any of these folks. There are other great nib folks out there too, I'm just relating my recent experience.

Best Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

Nabbed one of these last night after 3 or 4 goes for $105 - thanks for the heads up

I knew this interest will be consuming - 2 pens in 3 days!

Hi Barkingpig,

I sent pens to several nib folks. I usually do this (not necessarily at the same time like this time) because I like to support multiple artisans.

In this case (Bexley factory steel B's to CIs) I sent pens to Dan (formerly of FPG,) Pendemonium and Pendleton Brown. I only have the pen I sent Dan back yet, and it is great.

However, I have sent quite a few other pens to Pendemonium and PB2 and had no hesitation sending this latest batch to them.

I've also recently had work done on other pens/ nibs by Mike-it-work/ Michael Masuyama (Pilot Custom 823) and John Mottishaw/ Nibs.com (Pelikan Blue Ocean, Pelikan M800 old style, Pelikan 800 Stresseman.) You can't go wrong eeny meeny-ing with any of these folks. There are other great nib folks out there too, I'm just relating my recent experience.

Best Regards, greg

Thank you very much. I shall get some long awaited pens in the mail to respective sources. Today I managed to get a box packed for Montblanc (that has been awaiting same.) It has just been so much easier to BUY than to decide how I "want them" & I think I had to experience a bunch of different nibs to actually understand which ones I wanted to adapt. I feel better about deciding at this stage. I appreciate your votes of confidence.

• 1 month later...

I landed a pearl and black one for $99, and I'm in love. I actually look for things to write so I can use it.

I only wish I hadn't had to deal with the hell-begotten GSP, but even so the total was less than half of retail. And I think the prototypes being sold on eBay are a lot more attractive than the standard colours.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

I've bought several of these. This is one of my favorite pen designs, so I started buying them like one buys different color shirts. I'm winding down now, so here are a couple of tips for those who don't use eBay much. Howard lists them whenever, as 3 day auctions, and they finish whenever. Keep checking back to see what the seller "bexlevy" has for sale on eBay. I like to pay special attention to the auctions that end during the middle of the day during the work week, or some other relatively inconvenient time for most people. Doesn't matter to those who use sniping programs/services, but those guys get the ones they want sooner or later and then move on, and after a model has been selling for awhile, they do indeed end up going for around the opening bid. Do a search for completed items to see what the different models have been going for. For example, don't go in and bid $105 on a black and clear demonstrator and then complain about how somebody sniped it. As of this writing, that model hasn't sold for less than $120 yet.

Some of the ones that haven't been going for all that much seem pretty nice to me. IMHO, the Red Pearl, Purple Haze, Blue Bamboo, Gold Bamboo, and Green on Green (which is less blue than is showing up in my picture) are particularly nice, but this is, of course, purely a matter of taste.

17830086590_eabe68aa3e_z.jpg

I know my id is "mhosea", but you can call me Mike. It's an old Unix thing.

I scored a green bamboo, which should be arriving on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to its arrival. A question for you, Mike: I have several Goulet #6 nibs that I really enjoy, to include an EF, 1.1, and 1.5. The eBay pens are limited to F, M, and B. Do you know if its possible, or have you tried swapping nibs? I am hoping I can pop in one of my stubs. I'll find out when it gets here, but I've been wondering...