Jump to content

The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team


Eversharp With Gilbert Kromex Nib, Plunger Filler - Help Id?

kromex 205 plunger celluloid gold plated eversharp gilbert

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 boybacon



  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2015 - 00:52

Hello, Everyone.

I just returned from an Easter visit with my parents.  My father handed me a cardboard box and said "Here's some stuff I'd like for you to have."  There was a box full o' family history with correspondences to and from my Grandfather who was killed in WWII, and his wife (my grandmother, who passed away a few years ago).  Also, there is a diary, an address book, war memorabilia, postcards, and (the main reason for me posting here today!) some fountain pens.


One of them is a greenish grey plastic/celluloid with a clip that is fairly rusty and reads "Eve.......", which I believe will be Eversharp, if I clean the rust off and it's not too far gone.  The nib reads 'Gilbert" in script over "Kromex" over "205".  It looks to be a gold plated nib.


The pen body has 2 sections, threaded together.  When you remove the back half, there is a little "plunger" plastic piece that moves up and down.  I'm fairly new to fountain pens, so please bear with me on the descriptions!  I am familiar with lever fillers (there were 3 of those in the box in rough shape), cartridge/converter fillers and the one piston filler that I have (from Bexley).  I've never had plunger filler (is that what it is called?) before.  


Can someone help ID the model of the pen (if there is one) and maybe the approximate year (should be prior to 1947).  Also, sorry for the cruddy photos.  Just got home from a 2 hour drive and my back is killing me.

Attached Images

  • 20150405_194050_resized.jpg
  • 20150405_194110_resized.jpg
  • 20150405_194129_resized.jpg
  • 20150405_194134_resized.jpg

Edited by boybacon, 06 April 2015 - 01:21.

Sponsored Content

#2 MxMJ



  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Location:Tulsa, OK
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2015 - 20:56

That isn't an Eversharp, my guess would be that it actually says 'Everfeed'. I have no clue on a model name, if there was one.

#3 boybacon



  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2015 - 23:51

Oh, wow.  I did a quick search for "Everfeed" and immediately photos of pens exactly like it showed up.  Thank you, MxMJ!  Much appreciated.  I assumed that once I had the first four letters figured out, it absolutely HAD to be Eversharp!  :blush:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kromex, 205, plunger, celluloid, gold plated, eversharp, gilbert

Sponsored Content