This is my first thread after having stalked the forum anonymously for quite some time. I'm buying a Pilot VP Decimo for note-taking in classes, and in the near future, at work. It will be an upgrade from a Sheaffer 100 with M nib as my second, more serious pen. (No grip problem for me)
The questions are:
1. M or F nib: a line comparison from someone with Sheaffer M is appreciated, I will be writing a lot of mathematical equations on normal to poor quality paper. I'm leaning to F.
2. How glossy is the gray one: I prefer matted texture but if the glossiness is not really pronounced, it's acceptable.
3. Work condition: how well would the pen fare in a somewhat extreme environment, say, an oil rig in the middle east.
4. Ink: Parker Quink, Sheaffer Skrip, Sailor, and Waterman inks are readily available in my region. I have heard that only some inks work well with the pen.
My preference: Blue, smoothness, some permanency. I have used Skrip Black to some degree of success, and I'd be pleased if the blue one works well.
5. Shop: Is j-subculture.com good? This deal looks really good: http://shop.j-subcul...FEE0AEAC0BE27F1. If not, is there any recommendations? (Shipping to Asia)
Thank you all in advance and sorry for any grammatical errors (I'm not a native user)
Edited by saranw71, 03 April 2015 - 21:35.