• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• Frank C

• Aysedasi

• TMWeddle

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Pelikan M20x pens are always inked, they are a favorite and not one has gone out of rotation. But I had to trim it down to just one when I went to the Grand Canyon last week. The lucky winner was the M205 in taupe. I'm sure the others were jealous. ;)

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

I keep five inked all the time. Two M800s, an M805, an M605,, and a M215 stub. All five are smooth writers and generally at least three get used every day!

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man

that he does not know until he takes up his pen to write.

Thackeray

I have to admit there are some days when I don't use Pelikans. But I try to use them everyday (I'm sure the OP didn't intend it to be taken literally, or maybe not? :P).

Usually one M600 green stripe and--recently--one M400 brown tortoise, but I foresee a blue stripe M400 in my near future!

Red tortoise 101 N

Write, write, write. Use your pens not your fingers !!!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

My M205 .4mm stub (from Richard Binder) is great for everyday notes.

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

A Pelikan M250 green striated Strassman-style w/14K M nib, loaded with Diamine Green/Black.

A nice bit of flex when you want it. Sits proudly in the mouth of the white ceramic Pelikan.

And it has that classic look!

Today, a Celebry 580, mottled green, though that color is not listed, Emerald green is. 14 K F, with vintage '90's silver gray Pelikan ink cartridge. A color of ink they should bring back.

P-381 nib 14 K

Vintara-green, gold plated trims, with Pelikan turquoise ink cartridge.

Very nice regular flex 14 K nibs with a tad of spring. Similar to the '90's M400 nibs in feel.

(Or the 200's steel nibs)

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I rotate between three pens, two of which are Pelikans.

In order of how much I enjoy them:

1) Pelikan M1000- Black, extra fine nib. WOW

2) Pelikan M805 Stresemann Anthracite - Fine very firm nib but I love using it with Graf von Faber-Castell Stone Grey ink. A great match!

3) Montblanc 149- Fine

The M1000 is really in a different league than the other two. The feel of the M1000 nib is just glory. By far my favorite pen!!

I also have a medium nib for the M1000 which is so soft I really don't like to use it. Just the weight of the pen flexes the nib enough to make it at least a broad. My colleague who enjoys fountain pens as well, tried it out and said it felt like she was using a paint brush!

I have six vintage Pelikans, all of which are in use, except the old Ibis (Anyone looking to buy one? Flexible 14kt fine nib) I carry them in a twenty-pen case in my backpack and perhaps the one I reach for the most is my brown tortoise 400NN, which currently has an orange ink in it; but the two 100Ns also get used often, both having very flexible nibs. Hence, two 100Ns, one 400 with really flexible medium nib and two 400NNs and all are inked and used! My Omas pens seem to be rather neglected; ditto one MontBlanc 246...

I use the following Pelikan pens.

120 with M400 nib ground to a near-italic stub. Nib iridium practically ground away by some previous owner. Cracked plastic collar replaced by hard plastic collar. Daily writer.Ink Sulekha Crystal Violet.

Pelikan 400NN green stripe with F nib. Found in Romanian bazar with the usual cracked plastic collar. Replaced by modern metal collar. Sprung flexible nib repaired with great difficulty. Writes beautifully but used sparingly to avoid springing nib again. Ink Pelikan Royal Blue.

Pelikan 100N green marble c. 1939 with Pelikan 140 F nib (replacement for Hardtmuth nib with which it was found in Romanian bazar). Piston was replaced with O-rings from David Nishimura. The nib assembly has a fine line with a hint of flexibility and fluent ink flow. Used occasionally. Ink Pelikan Royal Blue.

Pelikan M400 green stripe. Moderately flexible M nib. Bought new at a rather high price from Weitnauer of Geneva in 1994. Writes well and has a large reservoir. Used once or twice a year. Ink Chelpark Permanent Black.

M800 B tortoise shell. I'm a bit nutty about matching inks to pens sometimes, and this is one of them. It only ever gets Waterman Havana, or whatever the new version is called.

read, write, grade essays, repeat

M 900 Toledo, EF nib

Alternating with

M 800 tortoise, F nib

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

These three I use the most:

8193225062_8a5e76bf94_c.jpg

M800 demo with an EF nib. Always used with pelikan topaz (as you can clearly see :) )

8353289217_831d400dd8_c.jpg

M815 Wall Street with a medium nib, most of the time used with purple ink.

And

15146944494_cc4c5758b1_c.jpg

Gaudi with a fine fine nib. Different kind of ink used in this one but I tend to use only safer inks in this one. So no black or black/blue.

When I don't want to bring these I take a red M600.

Pelikan nut

On my desk I have a M800 (green) and a M605 (blue). In my shirt pocket I carry a M405 or an old 400 tortoise.

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

I've a few Pelikans. My M1005 and M800 brown tortoise are my babies and do not leave the house. I have another M805 on the way, which I intend to use for my graduate degree. When I finally receive my M600 back from getting a grind, I will use that too. The 400 is too tiny for me to use for extended writing sessions, I use it to jot down short notes while reading.

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

Alternating between M400 Brown Tortoise (Pilot Blue) and M200 Silver Pearls (Noodler's Black)

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

• 2 weeks later...

I carry and use a number of pens from different brands. I only have two Pelikans: a Pharo and a P200. The Pharo doesn't seem to be working as well now as it used to, so when I use a Pelikan, it's usually the P200.

Pelikan M800 Anthracite Stresemann, M nib -

It is the best writing pen I have ever used.