What's Your Pelikan Everyday Writer

Albinoni

Do you have a Pelikan or perhaps two or more that you use as an everyday writer. And how many do you carry in your top shirt or suit pocket.

Well my two every day Pelikans are

1. M600

2. 400nn

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• Frank C

• sargetalon

• zenephi001

My daily writers are a black Pelikan M605 and a vintage, silver plated Caran d'Ache mechanical pencil. I carry both in a black leather case.

Edited by Boller

I have only one Pelikan at the moment (though a second is making its way across the seas to me), but it's my daily writer. It's an M200 Cognac, which is carried in a pen case with the other pens I use regularly.

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

Right now, I'm using a Geha 790 OB and a green stripped 140 OB. Geha is Pelikan....in Pelikan bought up the Geha pen division and closed them down in 1990.

They did that to get rid of the School pen competition.

Then in 1993 in came the Lamy Safari. :lticaptd:

I have a goodly slew of Pelikans and five or six Gehas.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

For me, right now, it's this Parker Black Giant, a pen I have been hunting for more than two decades. Shown with a Parker Senior Duofold for size comparo.

post-1970-0-81407300-1427975275_thumb.jpg

post-1970-0-38040100-1427976142_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rick Propas

You carry that thing in a trombone case?

I have been carrying a green stripe 140 with a fat CN nib, ... until yesterday when it came uncapped in my coat pocket (green ink all over the inside of my jacket and a white shirt, this only happens when you are wearing a white shirt, right?)

So today, it will be a golden pearl Vacumatic, Minuskin stub from the 40's.

I have too many Pelikans to single one out for daily use other than that it is usually a member of the M2xx family (but there is always a bird in the pocket). Always carry in my shirt pocket, never a jacket or my lab coat. I only have one pen at all times. Fortunately, I have never had one come uncapped and do any damage (touch wood). I have also never lost one. If it's not in my hand, it's in my shirt pocket and vice versa.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I am using an M200 with a M400 Nib (14k). I just got a few days ago, in fact, and I am really liking it.

I try to use them all. I rotated on a every days basis. but this week I have use more the Pelikan 100 Black with an F nib that I bought from Rick Propas last year. It is a Pleasure to write with that pen.

I too tend to use most of my Pelikans in rotation. However the one pen that gets the most use is my M600 old style, in bordeaux, which I bought in 1990.

Peter

I only have one Pelikan that I acquired recently A green striped M600 with an OB nib. I like it a lot, but I'd dearly love an M800 or M1000 - the M600 really isn't large enough for me.

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

Like Sargetalon, I have too many pens in my swarm to give any one of them an all-the-time post in my pocket, but any of the Pelikans I have bar one are eligible for rotation: M600, M20, M30, New Classic, Signum (today, in fact), 140 and 120.

The exception is the Level 5, which is somewhat incontinent if kept filler hole downward; it's the beside the phone for messages pen.

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

At work I use a black M200 (with a binder .9 CI) and for grading a red M205 fine point.

At home I have my new brown tortoise 800 which has surplanted my M600s--those two have seen some pretty heavy use though. I spend 60% of my waking hours writing.

Currently it would be a toss up between:

M200 Cafe Creme - Pelikan Royal Blue, living in my Planner

M800 Blue Stripe - Pelikan Brilliant Black in hand at work

Mine is a classic m400 green stripe with a factory medium that really writes like a stub instead. It is a perfect fit in my hand when it is posted.

It is also my go to pen when I am not sure how safe a new ink would be for my other pelikans! (Currently inked with montblanc permanent blue. Works beautifully.)

Edited by bruhuhuhu

My daily Pelikan writers are:

1) M800 with Medium nib in Green

2) M800 with Medium nib in Tortoiseshell

3) M1005 with Medium nib in Black

All great writers but with different inks & "characters".

Cheers,

Michael

If I'm using a Pelikan, it's my Tortoise M800, M nib. I have an M805, an M600 in Burgundy, an M605 in solid blue and two M250's, but the Tortoise rules all. So much so that I wonder what I'm doing with my other Pelikan's. I should just sell them and buy another Tortoise M800.

And I normally carry 13 FP's in my briefcase.... just in case.

Edited by Jeff_H

I enjoy MB 146 pens, Sailor, Pilot and Platinum pens as well. I have a strong attraction to dark red and muted green ink, colors I dislike for everything but FP ink. I also enjoy practicing my handwriting and attempting to improve it. I love the feel of quality paper under a gold nib.

Standard fine nib everyday writer, is my LE M900 W-German Toledo...with me since 1986.

One of 500 LE's to North America...there was a total of 1000 of these produced and numbered.

When I need an XF nib, I use my early M1000 Green Stripe.

For rollerball use, I have a rare R900 Toledo rollerball. Many stories on just what these are and how they came about. To my knowledge, they were made by the factory workers as gifts to each other, using bindes that were rejected because the finish was not up to standard. Very nice having an 800 size roller with the added weight.

"Today is, where your book begins...the rest is still unwritten"

-Natasha Bedingfield

I don't have it inked currently but it is the 400NN in a tortoise, It will be inked again soon, I have 4 pelikans but the 400nn toirtoise is wonderful.

http://www.ishafoundation.org/images/stories/inner/ie-logo.gif

Inner Engineering Link

A Pelikan 140 and sometimes a M205 is usually what I have in my shirt pocket. Accompanying the pen are a 2mm Staedtler, 5.6mm Koh-i-noor clutch pencils and a Rhodia No. 12.

I have a '87 M800 (my first and only Pelikan for close to two decades) but that no longer sees much use.

Ordered a P30 couple of days ago and I am also considering a M&K 400NN.

i would love to have a Pelikan 101 some day.

Of the three Pelikans I currently have, I prefer the nib on the 140 by far.