Difference Between 90 Years 149 And 149 Red Gold Fountain Pen

cybaea

Does anyone know the difference between the Meisterstück 90 Years 149 fountain pen and the new Meisterstück Red Gold 149 Fountain Pen which seems to have replaced the 90 years model? Just the special '90' nib engraving and the serial number on the clip?

http://www.montblanc.com/content/dam/mtb/products/writing-instruments/113/608/113608/200803-ecom-osis-sq-01.png.adapt.450.450.png

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zdenek

• Chrissy

• Anneleen

• Matlock

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The nib has a different look. The structure remains unchanged. We're dealing essentially with the same fountain pen.

And the new rose gold one's nib looks much better than the 90th anniversary version :P

Anyone know if there is going to be a 146 in Rose Gold? Or is it just the 149?

Yes the 146 is available in Rose Gold. For the same price as the 90 (in the UK at least).

Unlike canibanoglu I prefer the 90 nib, as I have always felt that a gold nib should be just that, gold. However I accept that everyone has their own thoughts on that.

Peter

Thanks Matlock!

Seems like the 146 has a different nib:

post-112382-0-59982700-1427962659.jpg

Really happy the rose gold came back as a permanent line. I was pretty heartbroken when I saw it in real life and realized I loved it. It'll take a long long time to save up the money for it, glad I won't have to miss out after all.

Really happy the rose gold came back as a permanent line. I was pretty heartbroken when I saw it in real life and realized I loved it. It'll take a long long time to save up the money for it, glad I won't have to miss out after all.

Too many great pens and not enough money :(

Peter

Same pens but this year they have just reverted back to the 2-tone nib, although it's now 2-tone rose gold, not 2-tone yellow gold.

I actually prefer the 2-tone nib

Wow! Did they really launch a pink gold 149? Or is it an April Fools' prank?

If it's for real, then I need to get one! :wub:

Edited by Vlad Soare

The rose gold is nice, but not that much different from the yellow.

I would love to see a platinum 149 :P

• 5 months later...

Bad that they dropped the single tone red gold nib; this was a unique selling point and now the pen looks hardly different from the yellow gold version. I hated the giant '90' on the anniversary pen but they should have kept the single tone concept.

I have the Rose Gold '90 year' LeGrande, it's a superb pen and my favourite, looks stunning and writes superbly, sadly last week as I unscrewed the plunger to refill the whole mechanism unscrewed out of the body of the pen BUT no worries my MB has now become a eyedropper and even has a slightly larger ink capacity too :D

Regards

Izzy

NIGEL

Exploding Ink Maestro

Pens: Caran d'Ache Leman Godron, Lamy Safari, Italix Parsons Essential, Mont Blanc LeGrande '90 years' Edition, Sigma Style, Italix Vipers Strike, Parker Sonnet, Omas 360, Parker Duofold (c.1950), Conway Stewart #286, Conway Stewart #24, Onoto Magna Classic in Chased Midnight Blue and SS Trim

Only the nib is different.

Montblanc-90th-Anniversary-149-Fountain-

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

After yellow and red gold, how long will we have to wait for a platinum version of the 149?

On the occasion of the centenary, maybe. :)

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

Yes the 146 is available in Rose Gold. For the same price as the 90 (in the UK at least).

Unlike canibanoglu I prefer the 90 nib, as I have always felt that a gold nib should be just that, gold. However I accept that everyone has their own thoughts on that.

I like the rose gold nib more than the two-tone on the 149, not sure why, but I think it looks better.

Regards,

Simar

"Be the change you want to see in the world." -- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Hello:

I like very much the rose gold, but I hope that models will be massive rose gold. The problem with rose gold nibs in 75 Anniversary Limited Edition is that rose gold is a thin layer, a goldplated only over a yellow massive gold nib.

Here is a couple of pictures where you can see chip-off and brassing/decoloration of rose goldplated from a 149 LE 75 Anniversary.

Regards.

post-99180-0-79781400-1441628572_thumb.jpg

post-99180-0-23964900-1441628604_thumb.jpg

post-99180-0-11193100-1441628623_thumb.jpg