The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ink Review: Diamine Music Gift Set: Wagner

diamine music gift set ink wagner

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 14:56

I'm currently reviewing some of my favourite Diamine inks. This one is from the Diamine Music Gift Set: Wagner.

• Bearing in mind the paper I use is very smooth, this ink dries in 15-16 seconds.
  • It flows quite wet compared with some Diamine inks, but lubricates the nib quite well.
  • No start-up problems noticed. No skipping noticed.
  • It is currently available as one of the gift set of 10 x 30ml glass bottles, or in single 30ml plastic refill bottles from Diamine. Neither of these has an inkwell
  • This isn't a waterproof ink.
  • Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
  • It's reasonably priced.

fpn_1427726899__diamine_wagner1.jpg

fpn_1427727255__diamine_wagner2.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2015 - 21:19

AND thanks to you maybe I will be able to say I "like them all" as well!  Thanks for this review of one of my favorites. I only wish they would sell this in a pint sized bottle!  ( I could send them an old Sheaffer or similar sized "master" fill bottle.)

#3 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 21:40

AND thanks to you maybe I will be able to say I "like them all" as well!  Thanks for this review of one of my favorites. I only wish they would sell this in a pint sized bottle!  ( I could send them an old Sheaffer or similar sized "master" fill bottle.)

Thank you. As you know the colour well, can I just ask if it looks washed-out on your screen as someone has advised me it does on theirs?

#4 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2015 - 22:10

I just wrote a line with mine & I believe mine looks closer in color to your "3 pass" swab of the Q tip.  So I think the color "in person" is a bit brighter but I surely wouldn't say "washed out."  I am going to use up the (Bung Box) Piano Mahogany I filled my GFV Intuition (Terracotta) as soon as possible to try a fill of Diamine's Strauss & hope that is a bit brighter than appearing in your review.  If that IS the case than I guess it could be "off a bit."  I frequently find the colors I use are different from the ones I see in reviews.  I have had several disappointments (Diamine Autumn Oak & Noodler's Habenero come to mind as NEITHER of them exhibited for me the colors that were apparent in swabs I had viewed) BUT more often some that seemed more vibrant for me.  I am sure the broader nibs I use & probably the fact that some of my pens are WET writers affects this.  But I can usually have enough image to determine a "good" sense of the ink's color.  AND the properties of the ink are often more important than color & I surely appreciate what I learn from reviews.

Again my appreciation for your hard work in making these possible.

#5 Davros

Davros

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 23:01

Yep, I like Wagner a lot. I am glad it is getting some love!

#6 Mishka5050

Mishka5050

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:15

I just wrote a line with mine & I believe mine looks closer in color to your "3 pass" swab of the Q tip.

Same here!

Thanks for a nice review :)

#7 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:19

Thank you. I appreciate your comments.

I think the one pass swab test always makes an ink look paler than it writes.

#8 Chudgins50

Chudgins50

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:43

Does anyone know if there is a place where this can be purchased by itself without having to buy the whole set?

#9 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 14:00

Does anyone know if there is a place where this can be purchased by itself without having to buy the whole set?

I put that information in the original review.

Diamine sell it directly on their web-site, but if you don't want the whole set, it only comes in a 30ml plastic refill bottle. You have to email Diamine to get instructions how to buy them because they aren't listed in the ink colours

#10 Chudgins50

Chudgins50

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2015 - 16:24

I put that information in the original review.

Diamine sell it directly on their web-site, but if you don't want the whole set, it only comes in a 30ml plastic refill bottle. You have to email Diamine to get instructions how to buy them because they aren't listed in the ink colours

I'm sorry I was in a rush when I was skimming over your post and misread it. Thanks for the info and great job on the ink review

#11 mcgeechan

mcgeechan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 April 2015 - 20:04

Lovely colour I am going to write to them for instructions now.

#12 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 16:34

I'm sorry I was in a rush when I was skimming over your post and misread it. Thanks for the info and great job on the ink review

No problem.  :)  Thanks for your kind words. I hope you like Wagner when you receive it.

I left this one until the last of the Music set for reviewing because I was convinced I wouldn't like it. I admit I was wrong. I can now see it's good points

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine, music gift set, ink, wagner

Sponsored Content

|