My Bulkfiller Prototypes…...

fountainbel

Hi Fountain pen friends !
As promised, attached a picture showing a big part of the Bulkfiller prototypes I've made in my shop.
CONID will most probably start making some of these in series, however not sure which ones they will pick-out
However surely not the pens with quail eggs inlay, to labor intensive !
The CAISO Kingsize (shown at L-8) will become available end August this year, however initially not as a demonstrator.
It would be interesting if you could react and tell us which version/material has your preference, could help Conid to decide for production...
Please note: these prototypes are not for sale, these are my babies !
Best regards, Francis
Fountainbel Bulkfiller prototypes :
Upper row :
1- Regular flattop Tibaldi Impero celluloid
2- Regular streamline Tibaldi Impero celluloid
3- Regular "non posting" flattop in bleu marbled acrylic
4- Regular "non posting" flattop in green marbled acrylic
5- Regular flattop in brown/black cellulose acetate
6- Regular streamline in brown/black cellulose acetate
7- Regular flattop in black hard rubber
8- Regular flattop with HR barrel bands in demonstrator barrel
All bands same width, spacing between bands increasing to the barrel end
9 -Regular flattop with HR barrel bands in demonstrator barrel
Increasing bands width towards barrel end, spacing between bands equal.
10- Regular flattop with HR barrel bands in demonstrator barrel
Lengthwise celluloid strips in barrel.
11- Early "watchmaker" non-posting flattop, inlaid watch parts.
12- Regular "non posting" flattop with white celluloid an black HR inlay strips
Strips are axially enclosed with silver rings
Lower row :
1- Kingsize flattop Tibaldi Impero celluloid.
2- Kingsize flattop in black hard rubber.
3- Kingsize flattop in "WASP" celluloid.
4- Kingsize flattop in brown/green/MOP celluloid.
5- Early "non posting" Kingsize in Tibaldi Impero celluloid
6- Early "non posting" Kingsize in black HR with ring "quail eggs inlay
7- Kingsize streamline in brown/yellow marbled celluloid
8- Kingsize"CAISO" flattop demonstrator (= Cap Actuated Ink Shut- Off)
9- Kingsize flattop in carbon composite ( crossed fiber pattern )
10- Kingsize flattop in "capucinno" acrylic
11- Kingsize flattop in carbon composite ( lengthwise fibers)
12- Early regular "non posting " version with "quail egg" cap and body inlay

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/Fountainbel%20Bulk%20filler/P1000867.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• Tojusi

• mongrelnomad

• stevesurf

Man, that Tibaldi Impero celluloid is gorgeous.

Thank you for taking the time to post those.

Edited by Edsal17

ALL of those celluloids are beautiful - even the "WASP" celluloid, and I normally don't like yellow at all...in fact, though, that may be my favorite one of the whole group!

Outrageous collection, Francis.

I prefer the carbom composite, crossed fiber pattern. And this for two reasons.

1. The CC reflects the modernity of the bulkfiller concept at his best.

2. There is a lot of craftsmanship needed to get that crossed fiber pattern right.

Nevertheless the Wasp celluloid in an honourable second.

I vote for the cappuccino acrylic and the Tibaldi Impero celluloid. I can't choose between them! Both are winners.

Francis, your love of fountain pens and the unique and amazing bulkfiller designs really show in your collection. Thank you for sharing and for creating the most innovative pen design in the world :)

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

As I have a Tibaldi Kingsize, I'll vote for the demo CAISO (which I absolutely love) and the carbon composite with the cross fibre pattern. Not a huge fan of any other other materials, truth be told...

There's just something wonderful about a Bulkfiller demo...

16366482774_f06853d081_b.jpg

Edited by mongrelnomad

Too many pens; too little writing.

I've got a Delrin standard and a Streamline demo. I like the standards. Just love em. Francis .. you MUST get a US distributor!

I've got a Delrin standard and a Streamline demo. I like the standards. Just love em. Francis .. you MUST get a US distributor!

Conid is a small operator who sell directly from the workshop they make these in. Why would you want a distributor to act as a middle man? That would only drive up the price to the customer.

Wow. All these colors.... I'd vote for the brown/yellow marbled celluloid, and really all the celluloid options. The prototype with inlaid watch parts is really distinctive and artistic IMO and is a good match to the size of the pen.

Thanks for sharing these.

I think the one I would like to see most in the Kingsize CAISO LE is the white celluloid and black HR inlay strips, although I'd be happy with titanium edges rather than silver. That makes a very striking barrel.

My next favorite is the Yellow Wasp by some margin; followed by the brown/yellow marbled celluloid.

I like the brown/black in cellulose acetate, though I don't know much about the longevity of that material.

I am not fond of acrylic in a watch of this caliber and cost.

I like my Delrin flattop because it is tough and functional. That aesthetic matches the superior engineering of the Bulkfiller and the titanium hardware. However, I will also be glad when Conid is able to offer a pen that manifests some of the artistic craft in pens such as guilloché or discreetly colourful materials. Good luck, I look forward to what Conid will offer.

David.

Very very nice collection. There are a lot of beautiful pens there.

My personal favorite is the Kingsize streamline in brown/yellow marbled celluloid, that one is just gorgeous :yikes:

Thanks for sharing.

Wow, thanks very much for these Francis.

Fingers crossed for a CASIO demonstrator model. THAT I'd want to see photos of, very detailed photos. If Conid were ever to come out with such a pen in a smaller, regular size, I would be very very tempted.

Didn't you also make a demo once with a lightning zig zag clip? That was awesome.

Edited by tinkerteacher

Semper Faciens, Semper Discens

Great pens :)

Will you be at the LWES show this year Francis?

Yes da vinci, I'll be there on the Conid stand.

I'll most probably also bring my prototypes...

Francis

Question to all of you, if I may :

If Conid would decide to make the L.E CAISO Kingsize as a demonstrator, which transparent acrylic color would you prefer??

- Naturel, same as the regular size demonstrator

- Light green.

- Light yellow

- Smoked

- Light bleu

Thanks in advance for your valued input !

Francis

I REALLY hope I can make this year's LWES show!

Natural for me, followed by smoked, then light blue.

Pavoni.

The L.E. Casio Kingsized Demonstrator is likely out of my price range so don't put too much stock in my opinion.

I am always drawn to the natural, because it best highlights the amazing engineering that goes into this pen.

I have a feeling though that if this becomes a production model natural would be/should be the standard choice. So for the sake of it being an L.E. I would recommend either light blue or smoke.

d