• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VivienR

• Frank C

• Effin1

• Intellidepth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love your pen! I really would like to buy this in ivory. I'm not too sure how this collection works. Is it going to be around for a while and I am able to hold off or is this something that will be here for a limited time?

Love your pen! I really would like to buy this in ivory. I'm not too sure how this collection works. Is it going to be around for a while and I am able to hold off or is this something that will be here for a limited time?

Well, for surely Montblanc could answer your question for sure... This Princesse Grace is Special Edition one, and it's came out end of 2012, and its still around, although this one's appearance is somewhat lower than before, but still around, the Ivory one came out 2014 as far as I know, so it will be around I think at least 1.5 year...in my way of thinking.

To be honest, more and more I see pictures about the ivory one, having the thought that maybe it will climb into my list. End of the list, this one made a huge jump forward, but I don't mind, I really love it! :wub:

My pen has arrived and I love love love it. Really glad I bought it. It's been sunny here (at last) and I took it into the garden to finish writing a letter. Looked magnificent glittering and sparkling in the sun.

Thank you for your review.

Congratulations on getting this beautiful work of art, and I hope you will get a great deal of happiness from it.

Just a question. How does the nib compare to the Parker Duofold in the final photo?

Both are really good writers, but there are differences how you feel it. Princesse Grace is heavy compared to Duofold, and its feels on your hand, despite both are medium nibs with 18k gold. I find them bot really feels absolutely effortless to write with them if the right ink in it. And here is an interesting point. Duofold performed amazingly with every ink I tried with it except Diamine Imperial Purple. I tried PG only with Diamine Imperial Purple and its write amazingly with it, nice wet lines as Duofold writes except with this ink, because with Duofold its just wasn't in the mood to write... What I think about the look of the nib? O PG is pure femininity with the heart shaped breather hole in it, and its hard to ignore, but I like Duofold's nib to, its looks good with also there are heart shape can be revile, but its more unisex.

Both are really good writers, but there are differences how you feel it. Princesse Grace is heavy compared to Duofold, and its feels on your hand, despite both are medium nibs with 18k gold. I find them bot really feels absolutely effortless to write with them if the right ink in it. And here is an interesting point. Duofold performed amazingly with every ink I tried with it except Diamine Imperial Purple. I tried PG only with Diamine Imperial Purple and its write amazingly with it, nice wet lines as Duofold writes except with this ink, because with Duofold its just wasn't in the mood to write... What I think about the look of the nib? O PG is pure femininity with the heart shaped breather hole in it, and its hard to ignore, but I like Duofold's nib to, its looks good with also there are heart shape can be revile, but its more unisex.

Very consised! Thanks a lot!

My pen has arrived and I love love love it. Really glad I bought it. It's been sunny here (at last) and I took it into the garden to finish writing a letter. Looked magnificent glittering and sparkling in the sun.

I'm really happy that you like it. Yes, this is an amazing pen! Still madly in love :wub: :wub: :wub: as it can be with an object (of our desires). :blush:

Very nice review, and incredibly lovely pen! Just stunning! You know, I may be in the minority here, but I am not turned off by pens that are cartridge only. That may be because I don't see that as a limitation for me since I fill ALL my pens with an ink syringe (even my TWSBI). It ensures that I fill them up as full as I want, and it seems less messy. If anything, the ability to take the standard international long cartridges is a bonus because that means more ink capacity, which is a plus in my book. I have a couple of Kaweco sports that I just refill the cartridges and they do very well. I bought a pack of cartridges just in case I need to replace one, but I haven't needed to yet and I have filled them multiple times. In this case, I know my wallet would wish this was a deal breaker for me!

Quick question, for color reference, is that a Sailor Sapporo in the Blueberry?

Very nice review, and incredibly lovely pen! Just stunning! You know, I may be in the minority here, but I am not turned off by pens that are cartridge only. That may be because I don't see that as a limitation for me since I fill ALL my pens with an ink syringe (even my TWSBI). It ensures that I fill them up as full as I want, and it seems less messy. If anything, the ability to take the standard international long cartridges is a bonus because that means more ink capacity, which is a plus in my book. I have a couple of Kaweco sports that I just refill the cartridges and they do very well. I bought a pack of cartridges just in case I need to replace one, but I haven't needed to yet and I have filled them multiple times. In this case, I know my wallet would wish this was a deal breaker for me!

Quick question, for color reference, is that a Sailor Sapporo in the Blueberry?

Completely agreed with you. I also use syringe, its clean and its a plus line of defense for my inks.

Yes it is, but sometimes I'm just questioning it, that is actually a Blueberry or Violet they are so close to each other, and sometimes its kind of isn't seem as dark as should be, but I like it, the nib looks good writes perfect thin line as a Japanese should be, but sounds like you writing with a nail. But fine, thin line are suits more for my handwriting...

very nice review, and a nice tribute to princess grace, who was all her name implied.

No man is a slave unless he is willing to be bought by another. (EP)

When you say the converter doesn't fit could it be like the starwalker or is it a totally different thing and I'm way off?

Sorry, I was somehow overlooked your question. I don't have a Starwalker, or any other Montblanc, I just thought about that maybe a smaller size converter for specially those pens that take cartridge only, not mention there is still enough place for it.

On the way home my thoughts catch a thread about the Ivory Princesse Grace... I really like my Metal and Pearl Sonnet paired with black ink and now my mind is dancing around the idea of Ivory Princesse Grace filled with Perle Noire.... :puddle:

http://i57.tinypic.com/2czztkw.jpg,

After reading your review and pondering what a beautiful pen you have, I looked at them while at the Mont Blanc Boutique on Sunday. They are beautiful pens, but are too "girly" for a guy like me. I bought a 90th Anniversary 149 with a broad nib.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

After reading your review and pondering what a beautiful pen you have, I looked at them while at the Mont Blanc Boutique on Sunday. They are beautiful pens, but are too "girly" for a guy like me. I bought a 90th Anniversary 149 with a broad nib.

Congratulation for the 19th Anniversary 194! Admittedly Princesse Grace is sitting in the top of the femininity in fountain pens, at least for me. Honestly I don't think that I would really go for Montblanc if there wasn't this stunning beauty. Looking trough a Montblanc offering currently the Ivory Princesse Grace and the Meisterstück Solitaire Tribute to the Mont Blanc is what I would buy, and in the maybe category the 90th Anniversary 149 classique. Despite the quality, many of it isn't in my style radar. :D

Congratulation for the 19th Anniversary 194! Admittedly Princesse Grace is sitting in the top of the femininity in fountain pens, at least for me. Honestly I don't think that I would really go for Montblanc if there wasn't this stunning beauty. Looking trough a Montblanc offering currently the Ivory Princesse Grace and the Meisterstück Solitaire Tribute to the Mont Blanc is what I would buy, and in the maybe category the 90th Anniversary 149 classique. Despite the quality, many of it isn't in my style radar. :D

I went by the MB store yesterday to pick up some ink. They had the new Pavrotti in a display case and were showing me its highlights. While it is a beautiful pen, it just isn't my style. I explained to them that as a Republican, I tend to like the more conservative pens, nothing designed after 1960. They all laughed. I have only purchased one Writers' Edition, the Hemingway, because it was basically a copy of an old pen.

I could get away with a Princesse Grace pen if it weren't for the jewel on the clip. That would be just tooooooooo much!

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

I went by the MB store yesterday to pick up some ink. They had the new Pavrotti in a display case and were showing me its highlights. While it is a beautiful pen, it just isn't my style. I explained to them that as a Republican, I tend to like the more conservative pens, nothing designed after 1960. They all laughed. I have only purchased one Writers' Edition, the Hemingway, because it was basically a copy of an old pen.

I could get away with a Princesse Grace pen if it weren't for the jewel on the clip. That would be just tooooooooo much!

I think the whole pen is feminine, but yeah, that topaz in a big addition to be more feminine.