The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Big Big Dilema... Trilema

nakaya kop 823

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lince

Lince

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:19

I want to buy an 823 but I also want to buy a Nakaya or a KOP. 

For the Nakaya I would go with the Orange one. (From Nakaya website)
02005(1).jpg Arai-Shu

And for the KOP it would have to be the ebonite (no urushi because it is $1,500 more!)
pen_01.jpg
From Sailor website.
The good thing about the KOP is that the nib is bigger and it can be a Naginta togi NMF.

If I go the 823 route the others pens would have to wait for a year or two.

So flashy/nice/stong color vs a good good nib, classical look pen.

Don´t know where too ask, you friends of FPN could enlight me with your opinions.

I had an XF Nakaya nib with the Mottishaw spencerian (needlepoint flex), but I want the new pen to be an everyday writing, note taking (any paper). So I would go with the M on the Nakaya and a MF on the Sailor. I want a super smooth nib, I have read the Naginta Togi could be very smooth but maybe the MF is too broad. 

Thanks.

Lince

Sponsored Content

#2 PabloAU

PabloAU

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:07

The 823 is a fantastic pen. It will serve you well while you're saving for the other two. :)

#3 pp763

pp763

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:49

KOP without a shadow of a doubt. As nice as the Nakaya is the KOP is a league above in my opinion. I would always go for the most expensive first and then work down plus the naginata togi is a very special nib
Current PensMontblanc 161, 162, 146 Solitaire Silver Barley BB, 146P EF, 149 OBB, Generation BP, Solitaire Steel Doue BP Waterman Edson M, Omas 360 L.E Vintage 2013 B, Omas Paragon HT B, Platinum President B, Pilot Custom 74 B, Sailor King Profit Ebonite B

#4 Lince

Lince

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2015 - 15:55

I read something that the Naginata Togi (NT) is like the Montblanc nibs (in tip shape). I have a 146 that from the pictures of the NT looks a bit like it (not so sharp point in the tip though). 

People with the NT nib think this is similar? Because I would be buying this special pen for the nib but is the nib similar to that of a MB then there would be nothing completely revolutionary about it. And this would lean me to the innovative orange of the Nakaya.

As PabloAU said the 823 could as well be a great stepping stone with a (different for me) feeling system and with a WA nib ,also novel nib.

Any feedback greatly appreciated. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nakaya, kop, 823

Sponsored Content

|