Waterman Lady Patricia

penswordnoassemblyrequired

I would like to increase my knowledge of this pen. Is there anyone here with familiarity with the model who could help me get smarter about the nib--for starters?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penswordnoassemblyrequired

• linearM

• Left FPN

• gweimer1

I have one, and it's one of my favorite pens, along with being one of the best writing pens I have. The nib on mine is a W-2A.

I also have a Lady Patricia, a real jewel of a pen with a smooth flex nib. Mine is in onyx with red ebonite section, feed, and cap lip which gives the pen a beautiful contrast in color. The red picks up the red veining in the onyx. It is one of the favorites in my collection. My hands aren't large and I find it comfortable to write with.

The Lady Patricia was intended as a lady's pen, a smaller version of the Patrician. The Lady Patricia come out in 1930. Below is a photo of my Lady Patricia.

post-17497-0-96171800-1427490058.gif

That's a beautiful pen, linearM.

Neither, Force.

The one coming to me is someplace between here and Podunk so I can't take photos of it today. It hasn't been restored but except for the nib has the basic appearance of ^ that one.

Is the celluloid very fragile overall or it depends on the individual pen?

I wouldn't say that the celluloid is any more fragile than on any other pen. Being that it hasn't been restored you might want to have a sac other than a black rubber sac installed. The outgassing from the rubber ink sac is what darkens the celluloid on many vintage pens. If you have good color in your pen and want to preserve it might be a good idea to replace the sac with a 100% silicone sac.

They really are beautiful little pens. Here's mine.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/gweimer/Favorite_Cellulose_zps0f816f55.jpg

Thank you for that information linearM. I thought the sac would probably need to be replaced but it's good to know more about why other than deterioration. Glad to know it's not that fragile. I don't have a good track record with things no matter how hard I try to be careful.

gweimer1, beautiful. The barrel is fantastic.

I wonder if I would have liked them quite as much without the discoloration/aging. Do we know what they looked like new?

These just arrived in the mail, wrapped in a paper plate.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/dellareina/ladypatriciaset2_zpscsi5xktv.jpg

Thank you. I got lucky. I'm sure the seller had no idea what they were.

I'll get the sac replaced and think that's about it. I dipped the nib in some J Herbin and it's flexy so that's a nice surprise.

I have two: both the blackie-whitie mix they called Nacre, with nickel-plated fittings (a bit worn). They're both nice writers, too. One's a ringtop and the other's a clip. Semi-flex nibs: the ringtop a little flexier. If you have a small hand they're a treat.