• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• amarjit

• mehandiratta

• amondalju

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok.. Actually after applying grease I wiped excess grease in a tissue paper, where I found the silicon grease has bocome rubbery next day monring.

Now, when I unscrewed the thread, Silicon grease came of with it. It was not liquid gel anymore.

Ok.. Actually after applying grease I wiped excess grease in a tissue paper, where I found the silicon grease has bocome rubbery next day monring.

Now, when I unscrewed the thread, Silicon grease came of with it. It was not liquid gel anymore.

this does not happen with other silicon greese

Oops!!! Thank god I am not using this in any expensive pen..

:wallbash:

true, it will damage your phone

• 3 months later...

I need some help again with my EDs. I recently am noticing every single one of them drips ink drips through the nib as I write. I had some issue initially with the Quality transparent acrylics, but now see the issue even on my ebonite ASA Athlete.

Will the silicone grease solve this? Or is there anything more I should be doing?

Lastly any idea where I can buy the grease in Bangalore?

I need some help again with my EDs. I recently am noticing every single one of them drips ink drips through the nib as I write. I had some issue initially with the Quality transparent acrylics, but now see the issue even on my ebonite ASA Athlete.

Will the silicone grease solve this? Or is there anything more I should be doing?

I think silicone grease will solve this...

Also you need to check nib unit fitting... Try to push it inside a lil and e. Sure its not loose

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Yes. Chikpet.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

can anyone tell me , is it necessary to use silicon grease on threads for eyedropper pen ?

"Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.”
- Osho

can anyone tell me , is it necessary to use silicon grease on threads for eyedropper pen ?

It really helps Edited by mehandiratta

vaibhav mehandiratta

Ok vaibhav...where can we buy silicon grease ? Is it the same type of grease that is normally used in automobile sector?

"Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.”
- Osho

Ok vaibhav...where can we buy silicon grease ? Is it the same type of grease that is normally used in automobile sector?

look for wacker or GE brands...

normally these are used by some Aluminium Door Windows guys... also people who keep laboratory stuff too

vaibhav mehandiratta

You will get Silicon Grease in Vasa Scientific(they sell laboratory stuff) on Avenue Road. Should cost you about Rs. 150.

Here's a question: do you put silcone grease on the threads of a screw-in nib unit?

no. unless there is a problem with the section threads.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Why is the threading on a screw-in nib unit less prone to leaking than those on the section?

a closer fit is kept for nib unit to section threads since they do not have to unscrewed on a regular basis, unlike the threads on the section-barrel interface which have to be designed for harsher duty. HTH.

Ah, okay. Thank you. Never thought of it that way. EoC will be receiving a first Indian ebonite pen in the next few weeks (from Mr Kandan) and having little experience with eyedropper pens was unsure where exactly to put the grease. Curiously enough EoC has a Mabie Todd eyedropper that requires no grease at all and has never leaked.

Ah, okay. Thank you. Never thought of it that way. EoC will be receiving a first Indian ebonite pen in the next few weeks (from Mr Kandan) and having little experience with eyedropper pens was unsure where exactly to put the grease. Curiously enough EoC has a Mabie Todd eyedropper that requires no grease at all and has never leaked.

if the section-barrel threads are not worn and were made well to begin with (as would be expected on a vintage Mabie todd), no grease is required.

also an air leak(air is less dense than ink, so a leak small enough to let in air but not enough to force ink out at the leak spot) at the section-barrel joint is enough to cause a pen that drips in the writing position. This is a common question that I get.