The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan Wanderlust Online Event.....

wanderlust pelikan edelstein ink

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AG_ORD

AG_ORD

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:19

To you Pelikan Fans,

Pelikan International embarked on a year long project last year, sending three different bottles of their Edelstein inks around the world.  They chose 60 individuals from 200 entries, to receive the blue boxes, pen a hand written letter, enclose it back in the box and send it to the next recipient.  I was fortunate enough to start the journey of the bottle of Amber ink.

The youtube link is a video of the culmination of that journey: http://www.youtube.c...k&feature=share

Hope you enjoy!

Sponsored Content

#2 Frank C

Frank C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:00

The video makes it look like it was a worthwhile adventure. Some of the handwriting was gorgeous. Thank you for sharing this. 

A little off-topic. I'm visiting Honolulu now. Are there any pen store besides Mont Blanc at the Ala Moana Mall?

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson "I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel
I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

#3 AG_ORD

AG_ORD

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 March 2015 - 21:23

Aloha Frank,

There is a pen shop I frequent called: Honolulu Pen Shop.  It is located at 1857 South King St, Ste 100, Honolulu, HI 96826, (same building where Alan Wong Restaurant is located).  T: 946 8968.  You need to call beforehand as the shop hours are a little erratic.  Nearest cross street is McCully.

Corrine Shigemoto is the Owner of the shop.  She took it over after her husband, Earl, passed away a few years ago.  Though not as well stocked as when Earl was alive, (FP's were his passion), Corrine does continue to stock some pens, mostly Lamy's/Cross/Pelikans/Pilots/MB's.  She does carry a full range of Pilot Iroshizuku ink though.

Prices are reasonable, though not as inexpensive as you can find online.  I continue to patronize her shop as it was Earl, who kindled the FP passion in me.  If you do visit her shop, tell her Dean Fukawa recommended you.

Good hunting.

#4 Frank C

Frank C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2015 - 00:42

Aloha Frank,

There is a pen shop I frequent called: Honolulu Pen Shop.  It is located at 1857 South King St, Ste 100, Honolulu, HI 96826, (same building where Alan Wong Restaurant is located).  T: 946 8968.  You need to call beforehand as the shop hours are a little erratic.  Nearest cross street is McCully.

Corrine Shigemoto is the Owner of the shop.  She took it over after her husband, Earl, passed away a few years ago.  Though not as well stocked as when Earl was alive, (FP's were his passion), Corrine does continue to stock some pens, mostly Lamy's/Cross/Pelikans/Pilots/MB's.  She does carry a full range of Pilot Iroshizuku ink though.

Prices are reasonable, though not as inexpensive as you can find online.  I continue to patronize her shop as it was Earl, who kindled the FP passion in me.  If you do visit her shop, tell her Dean Fukawa recommended you.

Good hunting.

Thanks for the information. I will call today. I don't leave until Monday. I recall visiting a Bittner's a few years ago near Waikiki beach. But they are long gone now. 

I will definitely give Mrs. Shigemoto your name.

Maholo,

Frank

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson "I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel
I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

#5 AG_ORD

AG_ORD

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:55

Aloha Frank,

Good hunting.  FYI, attached is a short article about Earl if interested.  Have fun and stay out of trouble!

DAttached File  Earl Shigemoto.pdf   319.44KB   89 downloads

#6 Dickkooty2

Dickkooty2

That Dick in Hood River

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2015 - 19:33

I'm a little late on this post but thank you for sharing this great story!

I am an admirer of Pelikan marketing. Since the more recent 70s-on they have had events like this to make the brand name an active part of pen enthusiasts lives. They have also made very well printed selections of their graphic ad and promotion work available in many formats. Important to me as a minor collector of ephemera,

I don't think Pelikan will ever be the eponym for a pen like bic, or Scotch for tape, or Xerox for copying, or google for everything else, but the brand is clearly in my mind as the first brand I think of.

I was delighted to see in the video the same white Pelikan holding a pen as the one I am looking at right now as I write this note!

That Dick in Hood River

#7 EclecticCollector

EclecticCollector

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2015 - 21:15

I had the fortune of dining at Alan Wong's a few years back and passed this shop, but they were closed at the time. Glad to hear they're still in business.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanderlust, pelikan, edelstein ink

Sponsored Content

|