Conid Bulkfiller: All The Pen You'll Ever Need.

mongrelnomad

I had trouble getting it back from Amberlea. She threatened to put it down her cleavage along with a Pilot M90. I had to use all my powers of persuasion to dissuade her. My poor Conid is still traumatized.

It obviously had been producing ink pheremones for some time. You might want to use that next pen/ink combination at your next medical convention :D

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steelblue

• stevesurf

• sarahfar

• Frank C

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It obviously had been producing ink pheremones for some time. You might want to use that next pen/ink combination at your next medical convention :D

So you think the ink and/or pen attracted her? Interesting theory. I filled it with Bung Box Seiya Silent Night Blue Black. Mongrelnomad said somewhere that he mostly uses Sailor inks, so I'm following his lead on this. It violates most of my ink rules, but there is a clause at the bottom that allows the use of Sailor ink in any pen because Sailor makes so many inks. With the wet Conid nib, Silent Night Blue Black is pretty much just black. The Pilot M90 was empty. So in that case, it would have just been pen pheromones, I guess. Cytokines are almost certainly involved as well, along with a few endorphins, I'm sure.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

There is definitely some pen and ink fascination there by the opposite sex and the Conid Bulkfiller could be a nice conversation starter, especially if the ink looks like nice iron rich blood :)

Now the other think you can do is spray a little Hanae Mori on the pen body; it is sometime referred to as the "Lady Killer." :D

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

I had trouble getting it back from Amberlea. She threatened to put it down her cleavage along with a Pilot M90. I had to use all my powers of persuasion to dissuade her. My poor Conid is still traumatized. The M90, being Japanese, was pretty excited, actually.

:lticaptd:

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Anybody know if Conid accepts returns ?

I see the measurements well enough and it looks like a nice size for me but you just don't know until you hold it.

Has anyone in the thread returned a pen ?

I see the measurements well enough and it looks like a nice size for me but you just don't know until you hold it.

Send Werner or Francis an email. They are quite accessible. All their pens are custom made, though. If you ordered one and didn't like it, what could they do with it?

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

Send Werner or Francis an email. They are quite accessible. All their pens are custom made, though. If you ordered one and didn't like it, what could they do with it?

I agree; I believe you should keep in mind that they're in the business of producing a wonderfully tooled, modern pen by leveraging their machining facilities and the skills of some pretty amazing artisans. That said, the pens are produced in low numbers. Check out their site and ask as many questions as you can about the right pen for you. IMHO I would only return a pen if it were defective in some way, the repair of which in this case is sometimes easily accommodated by field interchangeable parts. I'm on my third Conid Regular Bulkfiller with the provided Ti nibs and have not had an issue yet.

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

I agree; I believe you should keep in mind that they're in the business of producing a wonderfully tooled, modern pen by leveraging their machining facilities and the skills of some pretty amazing artisans. That said, the pens are produced in low numbers. Check out their site and ask as many questions as you can about the right pen for you. IMHO I would only return a pen if it were defective in some way, the repair of which in this case is sometimes easily accommodated by field interchangeable parts. I'm on my third Conid Regular Bulkfiller with the provided Ti nibs and have not had an issue yet.

The easiest way for you to try one would be to attend a pen show or pen posse where someone is bringing one. I will be at the San Francisco Pen Show in August with mine.

The easiest way for you to try one would be to attend a pen show or pen posse where someone is bringing one. I will be at the San Francisco Pen Show in August with mine.

Right, thanks everyone.

I have zero qualms about the quality which I am sure is solid.

The specs look right but in my weak Canada currency this a $700 pen and as you guys know you never really know for sure until you have a pen in hand.

I will put a Conid on the back burner until some future time when I get the chance to see one in person.

I do have a couple of questions/ What is the approximate build time of Reg Demos and do they ship with tracking.

Best as Always,

Mike

I do have a couple of questions/ What is the approximate build time of Reg Demos and do they ship with tracking.

Best as Always,

Mike

Mike, the timeline can greatly vary depending on orders, but here's the milestones for my last Reg Bulfiller:

Apr 10 Web order placed

Apr 19 Invoice transmitted to me

May 1 Confirmation about ready to ship

May 2 Shipment via Belgian Post (tracked and insured)

May 7 Approx receipt day in USA

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks, the Conid Kingsize Bulkfiller with Ti nib has arrived :) Here are pictures of the pen, an amazing writer with the nib grind down to EF-F size.

fpn_1437879816__conid_kingsize_bulkfille

fpn_1437880090__conid_kingsize_bulkfille

fpn_1437880293__conid_kingsize_bulkfille

fpn_1437880478__conid_kingsize_bulkfille

fpn_1437880515__conid_kingsize_bulkfille

fpn_1437880957__conid_kingsize_bulkfille

fpn_1437881099__conid_kingsize_bulkfille

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

Hi folks, the Conid Kingsize Bulkfiller with Ti nib has arrived :) Here are pictures of the pen, an amazing writer with the nib grind down to EF-F size.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the new pen. What ink do you have in it?

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the new pen. What ink do you have in it?

Thanks Frank, that's R&K Verdura - I'll post some writing samples soon.

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia

Congratulations Steve. It is easy to tell from the way you photographed your new pen, just how much you enjoy it :thumbup:

I currently only have a standard-sized Bulkfiller but have ordered the new CAISO Bulkfiller, which is in Kingsize format.

May I ask you (and any other owners of the Kingsize Bulkfiller) how it compares in the hand to other large pens please? I much prefer larger/longer pens so I hope that the Kingsize Bulkfiller feels much like a modern MB 149 or Pelikan M1000 or similar such pens!

Thanks for sharing your new pen with us.

Pavoni.

Great photos, thank you :thumbup:

Right, thanks everyone.

I have zero qualms about the quality which I am sure is solid.

The specs look right but in my weak Canada currency this a $700 pen and as you guys know you never really know for sure until you have a pen in hand.

I will put a Conid on the back burner until some future time when I get the chance to see one in person.

The back is a smart move until you're sure, one way or the other. I've been contemplating this pen for a few years, now.

I didn't realize how good the titanium nib looked. That's a gorgeous pen. Is it in the 700 dollar range, or maybe alittle closer to a grand? Thanx

Here's a writing sample; green is the Conid EF and red is a Sailor EF:

fpn_1437928229__conid_kingsize_bulkfille

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Paris | Venezia