New Pelikan Collectors Box

Fritz Schimpf

La Couronne du Comte has a Cyber-Monday sale going on that makes it less then 160 USD shipped to the States today. Use coupon code CYBERMONDAY2016.

No affiliation, just a satisfied client.

Just ordered mine. Thanks so much for the tip!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• Trebor

• helene20

• jungkind

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a clarification, If you are not registered with them and logged in, you only see the VAT exemption after putting in your shipping address during the check-out process and both the rebate and the exemption together gets you the 147 EURO. In my case shipping was free although it is less than 150 EURO, it is my impression that the eligibility is determined by the base price and does not take into account the special rebate, So I did not have to buy another item to go over 150 EURO.

Well, due to my wife flicking through Tele-buy and some E360 piece of junk, me telling her about this 'cheap' Pelikan pen box....I finally found out what my cherry wood pen box costs.....hum, time to polish it. ;)

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

It's really nice but expensive since it's not made with real wood. On The Pelikan's Perch blog it says that it's made of: MDF covered in wood paper.

Then I got a deal....

I suggest going real. Fake is 3/5ths.

There are bound to be other real cabinets that folks here know where to get them.

Mine was at my B&M.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

ScheduleI was on their site and does not site the box. Would you have the direct link please?

Just a clarification, If you are not registered with them and logged in, you only see the VAT exemption after putting in your shipping address during the check-out process and both the rebate and the exemption together gets you the 147 EURO. In my case shipping was free although it is less than 150 EURO, it is my impression that the eligibility is determined by the base price and does not take into account the special rebate, So I did not have to buy another item to go over 150 EURO.

I checked their site a few minutes ago and the box is no longer listed there.

After I ordered mine, I received an email saying they were on backorder but they expected more soon and would ship it as soon as it came in. Perhaps they removed the item from their site until it becomes available

That could be, thanks for letting me know.

I checked their site a few minutes ago and the box is no longer listed there.

After I ordered mine, I received an email saying they were on backorder but they expected more soon and would ship it as soon as it came in. Perhaps they removed the item from their site until it becomes available

Schedule

Edited by helene20

An alternative is good cigar humidors and now cheap in many don't smoke....

Solid walnut and the small one is burl vernier.

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o707/boboolson1/IMAG0172_zpstnkbhqbq.jpg

I made a box from mahogany that holds about 25 pens. It took me about six hours to build and finish [all hand tools]. What would you expect to pay for that? I would be hesitant to sell it for less than $300.

fpn_1480896914__pen_box_2s.jpg

Edited by corgicoupe

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

I never got around to buying the felted pen holders when I had a chance. Someone said they went broke.

I had a couple of plans to turn a cabinet maker loose on it. Walnut for the walnut one, ceder like the insides of the burl vernier one.

Box-bordered, Stepped post in the corner and a silk tie lifting thread in the middle. Three for the large one, two level for the small one.

I have no cellar in an apartment building. A storage bin just don't work. When filled for a work shop.***

***What I can do with a Dremil really don't count as making something to be shown in daylight or a lighted room.

There are still a lot of humidor's to be had....and for a different pen carry case a three cigar case works well too.

A number of years ago there were more of them around than pen cases...and they have the advantage of being stiff thicker leather. Having to keep cigars from breaking would protect a pen better than a soft case.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

I made a box from mahogany that holds about 25 pens. It took me about six hours to build and finish [all hand tools]. What would you expect to pay for that? I would be hesitant to sell it for less than $300.

fpn_1480896914__pen_box_2s.jpg

I would be hesitant to pay more than $10

edit: I didn't mean that in a nasty way. The box looks great, but 1) I would be highly unlikely to pay anything more for a pen box than around £10 whatever it was like, and 2) after looking on Amazon and Ebay for similar boxes the price is often £10 +/- 5

Edited by Bluey

That's a lovely box. I wish I could do something like that myself, alas I'm too clumsy.

But I must say that I see a terrible fault: no birds! :D You need to add a Pelikan to that box urgently! ;)

$30 (Australian) for a brand new but second quality jewelry box(I can't see any obvious damage) and $10 in felt and glue and I have a very nice pen box.

post-120079-0-06786800-1480980456_thumb.jpg

Edited by ian1964

Nice box Ian. Love the drawers.

I posted this a month ago in another thread, but for those who missed it this is what I did with some cigar boxes and some burgundy pen trays

And yes, I expect to be out of empty slots very soon. Need to find more of these, or source something else.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Nice box Ian. Love the drawers.

I posted this a month ago in another thread, but for those who missed it this is what I did with some cigar boxes and some burgundy pen trays

attachicon.gifthe Flock on FPD16.jpg

And yes, I expect to be out of empty slots very soon. Need to find more of these, or source something else.

That's really cool....I love the pictures on the boxes with the burgundy felt. My next project I think :)