The "nexus" - A Kickstarter Pen From Namisu.com

Jamerelbe

The supplied converter is a Standard International converter made by Schmidt. I'd be guessing 0.6-0.8 ml - but I ordered a spare which is not in use, so could try syringe filling with water and let you know?

@Stephenthebear,will be interested to hear more about your own when you've had some time to look at it. I have a Fine Titanium, and so far no squeaking - but it definitely feels a little different to write with, as though it grips the paper a little more. Am still investigating...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jamerelbe

• Feanaaro

• Stephenthebear

• pyramidValley

Have done the syringe filling deal, and managed to squeeze 0.8 ml into the Schmidt converter...

Has anyone (besides me) inked up one of the Aluminum models?

I wish I had gotten the sleeve, although I have something that'll work. The no-clip thing is what it is, as is the doesn't post thing.

BUT I put in the converter and stuck it in a bottle of Watermans South Seas Blue, and now the pen is stained! I asked and they recommended Speedball pen cleaner, and that I fill the converter outside of the pen (which they claimed was an easier way to fill), but anyone else find it odd that a fountain pen would be stained by fountain pen ink? I mean, even a cartridge can burp into a pen cap sometimes.

-T

post-1682-0-35350900-1428952263_thumb.jpg

It seems that most people, including me, who got the aluminium version also got the black one, where the problem would be less visible. I rarely fill the pen in that way, but still it seems strange that ink would semi-permanently stain aluminium. When I got some ink on mine just wipe with a moist paper towel was enough to remove it (though of course, being black...)

Though my pen is black, I've noticed a couple of times when refuelling that the ink can tend to cling to the finish. Thus far, I've been able to simply wipe the excess ink off with no visible staining - though again, how would I know for sure?

Before splashing out on Speedball cleaning agent, you might want to try making your own: 10% household ammonium with 90% water - and maybe just a dash of dishwashing detergent. Or even washing the grip section in soapy water might do the trick? You may be surprised (I hope you WILL be!) at how effective liquid detergent can be at dealing with ink stains like this one.

Let us know how you go?

Also worth saying: for some pens the Namisu guys are right: if you have a wooden barrelled pen, or a Micarta pen - any material that's absorbent - it's better to fill the cartridge converter rather than dipping the whole nib into the ink and risk permanent staining. But really, that shouldn't be an issue for a metal pen - and it comes with its downsides, since the feed channel has to be filled from the cartridge (and/or converter) to establish ink flow.

Really happy with it, squeaking has gone (don't know what I was doing)

I've put in rotation this week with Kon-Peki in so it should get some reasonable use.

Does someone have more pictures of this great pen? I am looking forward to it because I ordered my titanium deluxe 2 weeks ago 😀