The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Nayaka "soft" Music Nib Question

nakaya music nib

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ashram

Ashram

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 March 2015 - 21:52

I have been looking into buying my first Nakaya pen for some time now and am very familiar with the various shapes and finishes available.  What confused me is that when I started looking at Japanese listings for these pens an option for a "soft music nib" presented itself in addition to the regular music nib.  I do not see any mention of this nib on John Mottishaw's site as the US dealer of their pens.  Has anyone used one of these soft music nibs and how does it compare to their standard music nib?  Will it be flexible in a way similar to the great Waterman flexible music nibs of the past?  At double the price of a regular music nib I would expect something special but I am not sure.  Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.  For reference here (http://store.shoppin...do/naf0509.html) is a link to one of the listings that mentions the soft music nib.  Thank you!

Bftqofd.png

Sponsored Content

#2 rpsyed

rpsyed

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:55

Is the flexible music nib on that site more expensive than the regular music nib? It may be just the music nib with the cut-outs in the side (elastic finishing.) I just looked on Nakaya's website and it only has one option for the music nib but for $100 you can have it made into an elastic music.

#3 Ashram

Ashram

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:44

The regular music nib is 10,000 yen extra and the soft music nib is 20,000 yen.  I did not see anything about customization in the listing.  This gives me the impression that this is a factory option from Nakaya.  I would like to know either way for sure before I make a purchase.

Bftqofd.png

#4 rpsyed

rpsyed

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:40

Hmm ... I wonder. That would be awesome if it were a new factory option. Have you tried emailing them?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nakaya, music nib

Sponsored Content

|