The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

[Weekly] 03/18/15 - 03/25/15 Handwriting Practice

handwriting practice cursive print script

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BetwixtTheLines

BetwixtTheLines

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 March 2015 - 23:26

Hello, everyone!  

I would love to start a weekly handwriting practice on here.  Every week, I'll post one or two poems, excerpts, or other interesting things (hopefully) for you guys to copy in your favorite handwriting, or a handwriting you're trying to improve!  

The only rule that I have is that if you'd like to be critiqued, please indicate it in your post, otherwise, only positive comments will be allowed.  

Please refrain from offering constructive criticism if the poster does not indicate that it is wanted!

This rule is in place in order to provide a safe place for people to post their writing samples, without any fear or anxiety!

Other than that, you may choose to copy one, or both of the samples if you so desire.  Whatever style you prefer is allowed here, whether it is print or cursive, or some symbolic language you made up for private journaling  :P !

Please, participate and have fun!

P.S.  This is not an original idea.  I found it on a handwriting forum and thought it would be fun to start one here on FPN.  :)

This week's sample:

Week1.png

Edited by BetwixtTheLines, 18 March 2015 - 23:29.

letterji9.png

I want all the things x_x

Sponsored Content

#2 Intellidepth

Intellidepth

Curiouser and curiouser

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:34

Freehand, green line was done first, with the most care, with my fave pen. I've been cleaning my house so bit wobblier than usual due to tired hand muscles. Interesting - I've allowed a curvature to creep into my writing so need to straighten up the entries and exits of each letter. The paper is blue.

Noodler's Konrad Acrylics (normal+Da Luz custom flex) ~ Lamy AL-Stars/Vista F/M/1.1 ~ Handmade Barry Roberts Dayacom M ~ Waterman 32 1/2, F semi-flex nib ~ Conklin crescent, EF super-flex ~ Aikin Lambert dip pen EEF super-flex ~ Aikin Lambert dip pen semi-flex M ~ Jinhao X450s ~ Pilot Custom Heritage 912 Posting Nib ~ Sailor 1911 Profit 21k Rhodium F. Favourite inks: Iroshizuku blends, Noodler's CMYK blends.

#3 BetwixtTheLines

BetwixtTheLines

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:38

I LOVE your capital Bs.  I also like how thin your "f"s and "l"s are.  Your capital Q is stunning.  

I struggle with all of the above.  T_T 

Thank you for posting!  :)

letterji9.png

I want all the things x_x

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: handwriting practice, cursive, print, script

Sponsored Content

|