The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Levenger Nib Issue

levenger nib medium l-tech

5 replies to this topic

#1 redneck6497

redneck6497

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 17:01

HI All,

I purchased a Levenger l-tech.  I have one from a few years ago, and it writes flawlessly in medium.  I purchased another one b/c I like it so much.  The pen came with a nib that was having issues stopping when making certain letters, and the flow was "slow".  Nothing like my other pen.  I called Levenger and their excellent customer support replaced the nib.  The second nib seems to do fine once you get it started, but it has issues starting.  I could pick my other pen up after sitting for a week and have a perfect stroke the first time.  I saw on another thread that some nibs when brand new have oils in them, and to use a little dishwashing detergent in water to clean it out.  I did that.  Same....

I once again contacted Levenger, and they are ready to give me a refund, but I don't really want to give up yet.  Any ideas?  Should I write with it for a while and hope it fixes itself??

aarrgggg!

Sponsored Content

#2 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,680 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2015 - 18:39

Examine the slit, is it tapering towards the tip? are the slit walls parallel and true?
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#3 redneck6497

redneck6497

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 19:35

I'm not sure what you mean by "tapering towards the tip".  I doesn't look like its possible for it to be that badly out of alignment if I understand what you're saying.  It looks to me like perhaps the whole tip is sort of pointing slightly downward vs 100% parallel when looking at it from the side. or top.  

When you look at it from the bottom it looks like a single cohesive slit.  

#4 redneck6497

redneck6497

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 14:35

One other thing I noticed, is that before using, if I "prime" the system by twisting the converter so that ink goes into the feed, it seems to write immediately about 99% of the time.  Could it be a converter problem?  Maybe there is some sort of vacuum forming?

#5 tryphon

tryphon

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:30

It's explained here:

http://www.newpentra...rticleGA04.html

#6 Gloucesterman

Gloucesterman

Transformation Coach

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:18

It's explained here:

http://www.newpentra...rticleGA04.html

Thanks for the added information. It's appreciated.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: levenger, nib, medium, l-tech

Sponsored Content

|