The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Vintage Waterman Nib Sizes

vintage waterman nib sizes bchr 52 waterman bchr 52 nib flex nib waterman vintage waterman nib sizes flex

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OrejoeCookie

OrejoeCookie

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:08

Hey there, I am looking to purchase a vintage Waterman nib for my Waterman 52 BCHR. I will be reffering to nibs found on this page: http://www.nibs.com/...in-pen-nibs.htm

Previously, I had a nib identical to Item # WNV-183 in it, which is a Waterman U.S Pat. Off #2 Semi flex nib. I was wondering, if Item #WVN-1, the #2 Ideal New York flex nib, would be able to fit in the pen. I would assume so, given that Item #WVN-1 measures 25.4mm in length and 6.0mm in width, while Item # WNV-183 measures 25.1mm in length and 6.1 in width. However, I would just like to ensure that this is the case.

Edit: I also emailed sales@nibs.com for an answer two days ago, but have yet to receive a reply :/

Sponsored Content

#2 Force

Force

Fergus 1998-2015

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,260 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:23

it says to contact them on info@nibs.com -_-

#3 sidthecat

sidthecat

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,021 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2015 - 17:49

It's interesting to see how much variation there is with #2 nibs. How much handwork went into making them?

My somewhat uninformed opinion is that you're probably good.

#4 FredRydr

FredRydr

Have Pen. Will Travel.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2015 - 14:16

Vintage No. 2 nibs vary somewhat, but also, the hard rubber of the section and feed conforms to the nib over time.  If you're not sure, it is best for the person who is going to install the nib to have the pen.  Sometimes the best choice is to swap nib with feed, or nib with feed and section.  Some detail work may be required to enable proper fitment of all donor parts.

Fred

Edited by FredRydr, 19 March 2015 - 14:18.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vintage, waterman, nib, sizes, bchr, 52, waterman bchr 52 nib, flex nib waterman, vintage waterman nib sizes, flex

Sponsored Content

|