A Nice Find Through A Local Seller - Waterman Gentleman

siopaopei

I bought this pen at a good price from a local seller. From the low-res photos she posted, I wasn't sure what kind of Waterman it was, and she didn't seem to know much about it either. I decided to buy it, thinking that for the price, I can easily have it restored anyway. I was pleasantly surprised when it was delivered. Turns out it was a Waterman Gentleman, and the pen was in near mint condition, it had no issues at all. It looked like it was gently used.

p3160776.jpg?w=634

p3160747.jpg?w=634

p3160771.jpg?w=634

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• siopaopei

• jar

• OcalaFlGuy

• Bookman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Waterman Gentleman was their top of the line pen until the Man line was introduced. They are reliable, comfortable and come with some of the nicest deep lacquer coats to be found.

My Website

As much as you like the Black Gentleman, you probably Shouldn't Google for the images of the Sterling Silver one.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

As much as you like the Black Gentleman, you probably Shouldn't Google for the images of the Sterling Silver one.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Yeah, don't Google.

http://www.fototime.com/37613E8449EBED7/large.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/0AA46AAE8BEDBAE/large.jpg

My Website

Very nice find! And I really like your print handwriting as well.

- P.

Thank you, Arcadian.

The Waterman Gentleman was their top of the line pen until the Man line was introduced. They are reliable, comfortable and come with some of the nicest deep lacquer coats to be found.

I agree, this pen's lacquer looks well-finished.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Oh. My. Goodness. O_O

Yeah, don't Google.

http://www.fototime.com/37613E8449EBED7/large.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/0AA46AAE8BEDBAE/large.jpg

Oh, jar. That is such an unfortunate-looking pen. It looks like it's wrapped with aluminum foil. I'm sorry, no offense to people who own and like the pen. O_O

Edited by siopaopei

I bought this pen at a good price from a local seller. From the low-res photos she posted, I wasn't sure what kind of Waterman it was, and she didn't seem to know much about it either. I decided to buy it, thinking that for the price, I can easily have it restored anyway. I was pleasantly surprised when it was delivered. Turns out it was a Waterman Gentleman, and the pen was in near mint condition, it had no issues at all. It looked like it was gently used.

p3160776.jpg?w=634

p3160747.jpg?w=634

p3160771.jpg?w=634

Congratulations on the great find. Not too dissimilar from my own Waterman Exclusive. They call up in my mind the image of Fred Astaire in top hat and tails.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

• 2 months later...

Just picked up the rolled gold Gentleman from you favorite picker (my bug man) for $50

post-5351-0-82362400-1434124996_thumb.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• 3 weeks later...