A Bookish Review Of The Midori Traveler’S Notebook

So, the primary ecosystem for the traveler notebook consists of two categories of refills – notebook and accessory. Notebook refills come in 64 pages (both sides) across blank (003), lined (001), grid (002), monthly planner (005), lightweight paper (128 pages, 013) and kraft paper (014). Accessorizing your traveler with sticky notes (022) or film album (023) or a pen-holder (015/016) is pretty easy once you purchase the refills and they may be priced between $4 to $10. There are several other inserts that are available for the traveler. You can find a complete list here.

The design of the notebook is primarily based upon an Add-On model: base + spares like the Gillette razor-blade model. But again Sony too sells the PlayStation at a loss and makes up for the same with the entire gaming ecosystem.

PERFORMANCE (6/6)

The enclosing elastic band can be replaced with another by pulling it out from the inside of the back-cover.

Adding a notebook is easy, by using one of the spare elastic bands to connect the new notebook with the existing one, which needs securing the band around the spine of both these notebooks.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag127/soniknitr/mtn/mdn%20014_zps6pujgcto.jpg

It was fun reviewing the Midori Traveler Notebook. Hope you enjoy the review and find it useful.

Thanks,

Sonik

A wonderful review, Sonik; it's threads like these that make FPN so informative! I really like the picture you took showing the elastic banding; I'm patiently waiting for mine, evidently they are a big seller as we all seem to carry around different styles, some thin, some kraft and grid.

I found a few really useful videos on Cre8tiveCre8tions by Andrea Gomoll and the Goulet Pens site:

https://youtu.be/qN9B8RQWxD0

https://youtu.be/shS9e_lhJnI

Edited by stevesurf

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sannidh

• pavoni

• jimhughes

• fireant

A wonderful review, Sonik; it's threads like these that make FPN so informative! I really like the picture you took showing the elastic banding; I'm patiently waiting for mine, evidently they are a big seller as we all seem to carry around different styles, some thin, some kraft and grid.

I found a few really useful videos on Cre8tiveCre8tions by Andrea Gomoll and the Goulet Pens site:

https://youtu.be/qN9B8RQWxD0

https://youtu.be/shS9e_lhJnI

Glad that you liked the review (esp the elastic band pic for which I had turn the fan off :) ). fpn has been my favourite site - for gathering knowledge not information, as you have already said. Btw, have you ordered the brown or the black one or BLUE ONE?

Thanks for sharing the videos, I checked Brian's video from your link (seems he had got his traveler long before, introducing them for sales. I will check the other after office hours :)

Best,

Sonik

Edited by soniknitr

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

Very nice review, Sonik and fantastic pictures. I look forward to seeing how your setup evolves over time.

I love my MTN in brown but I cannot wait to order the blue one. I emailed Goulet Pen Co. when I first heard of it and they said they would be carrying it and most of the Pan Am accessories. Considering I am also an aviation fan, the Pan Am Blue Edition really has me excited.

Chris

Carpe Stylum!

Very nice review, Sonik and fantastic pictures. I look forward to seeing how your setup evolves over time.

I love my MTN in brown but I cannot wait to order the blue one. I emailed Goulet Pen Co. when I first heard of it and they said they would be carrying it and most of the Pan Am accessories. Considering I am also an aviation fan, the Pan Am Blue Edition really has me excited.

I also got excited the blue one, but could not wait, since there was free shipping on black/brown variants for a limited time! I like the Pan Am pen-holder :). I will get one, once it's launched. I am glad that you liked the review and pictures, blINK. Thank you

Best,

Sonik

Thanks Pavoni I will try and get there next time I am in town. Will also be in touch re Manchester at some point as I end up there every now and again!

Back on topic...

I have the full sized version. I am embarrassed to admit that I have only peaked inside the packaging. The cover looks great and I cannot bring myself to defile the book by using it! I will do so inspired by this thread!

Hope you finally managed to open the package and write a few lines on it, da vinci :)

Edited by soniknitr

Well, I have ordered and paid for the Blue limited edition but have opted not to have (don't need) the limited edition paper refills or pen. For this I will be more than satisfied with the box standard refills.

Will let you know when it arrives, which I am guessing will be any time between 21st March and 6th April (hopefully). Torture!

Pavoni.

Well, I have ordered and paid for the Blue limited edition but have opted not to have (don't need) the limited edition paper refills or pen. For this I will be more than satisfied with the box standard refills.

Will let you know when it arrives, which I am guessing will be any time between 21st March and 6th April (hopefully). Torture!

Pavoni.

Sure, Pavoni ! I do understand the 'waiting' torture :wacko: . Even for goods already shipped, I do keep on refreshing the postal tracking link throughout the day.

Regards,

Sonik

Sure, Pavoni ! I do understand the 'waiting' torture :wacko: . Even for goods already shipped, I do keep on refreshing the postal tracking link throughout the day.

Regards,

Sonik

Good golly - I do that too.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Good golly - I do that too.

Phew! My wife was wrong after all. It isn't just me then :blush:

Pavoni.

Pavoni.

Where were you able to order it so early? I hope it arrives soon for you.

Chris

Carpe Stylum!

Where were you able to order it so early? I hope it arrives soon for you.

www.thejournalshop.com I am a satisfied customer of theirs and, judging from their reviews, I am not the only one. I'll confirm when and how it arrives for those interested. In the meantime, hopefully on Thursday, I will be receiving another of the excellent passport-sized versions.

Pavoni.

Phew! My wife was wrong after all. It isn't just me then :blush:

Pavoni.

I am also going to update this information for my wife today. She also thinks I am the only one on this planet B)

Best,

Sonik

The Midori has always been a delicious book, and your review tempts me a tiny bit. I'm currently using a Moleskin (I know they cop a lot of flak) and a custom leather bound book which allows me to refill/change sheets as needed.

May I ask where you bought them? Was it at a brick & mortar store in India?

The Midori has always been a delicious book, and your review tempts me a tiny bit. I'm currently using a Moleskin (I know they cop a lot of flak) and a custom leather bound book which allows me to refill/change sheets as needed.

May I ask where you bought them? Was it at a brick & mortar store in India?

Not India. I had ordered it from rakuten, but it's also available with engeika-pensindia with Raul (Pune-India). Hope this helps.

Not India. I had ordered it from rakuten, but it's also available with engeika-pensindia with Raul (Pune-India). Hope this helps.

Thanks, they don't seem to have it in stock in the pensindia store now, will check again later.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like your review, I became addicted last year to Midori and have 2 TN now and a lot of notebooks, stickers, kraft paper etc. I will buy the whole Blue Notebook collection. I can't wait.

I really like your review, I became addicted last year to Midori and have 2 TN now and a lot of notebooks, stickers, kraft paper etc. I will buy the whole Blue Notebook collection. I can't wait.

Thank you helene20. Same here, I have been ordering more and more notebooks, refills. Someway I like the looks and texture of the MD paper very much. I was using the MTN to record my recent trip :)

Best,

Sonik

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent review, thank you for posting it.

I recently bought one, and I am still contemplating the possibilities... (Use it at work for "stand-ups" and team meetings? Use it to daydream in? Use it with coffee and to try and do some urban sketching? Keep it as a daybook and fill it with quotes? Use as a book journal which I have never kept but think I ought to?)

I've considered buying one refill and using it just for a commonplace book.

• 2 weeks later...