The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

J.herbin (The Jewel Of Inks) Bottle Caps

jherbin jewelofinks inks bottle caps anomaly

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ernestcow

ernestcow

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2015 - 13:20

Hey guys! I'm not sure whether anyone has ever brought this topic up before (if so, I'm sorry). I ordered J. Herbin inks in two batches, both from different retailers, and my local retailer sent me bottles with plastic caps on them whereas the one in the Netherlands sent ones with metal caps (and they had stickers on the back with serial numbers, the ones from my local retailer didn't). So I was wondering whether J. Herbin made this change (a few years back maybe? because I suspect the ones I got locally are old stock). Thank you in advance :)

Flex Away  :D

postcardletter.png

Sponsored Content

#2 Joane

Joane

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 13:34

I have never seen Herbin ink bottles with metal caps. The ones we get in Canada used to have caps made of a sturdy Bakelite-like plastic with a variety of attractive molded designs. Several years ago they switched to a cheaper plastic, all the same stamped design. It will be very interesting to see comments about the metal caps by people who are familiar with them.
Happiness is a real Montblanc...

#3 ernestcow

ernestcow

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2015 - 13:45

I have never seen Herbin ink bottles with metal caps. The ones we get in Canada used to have caps made of a sturdy Bakelite-like plastic with a variety of attractive molded designs. Several years ago they switched to a cheaper plastic, all the same stamped design. It will be very interesting to see comments about the metal caps by people who are familiar with them.

the plastic caps I have on mine are similar to Pelikan/Cross ink bottle caps
I, too, am interested in what anybody else has to say :)

Flex Away  :D

postcardletter.png

#4 Joane

Joane

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,685 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 14:07

I took this photo (at a weird angle) to show the caps around here. The first three are the old caps of a plastic like the Waterman caps and the fourth one is the cheap plastic type seen more recently.

image.jpg

#5 Joane

Joane

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,685 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 14:45

Here is a better photo, old left; more recent right:

image.jpg

#6 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2015 - 17:30

I have seen metal caps on the 100 ml bottles you can buy of some of their more popular inks, but not the regular 30 ml bottles.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

#7 Joane

Joane

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,685 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 19:46

I have seen metal caps on the 100 ml bottles you can buy of some of their more popular inks, but not the regular 30 ml bottles.

Yes, thar's true. I had the 100ml in Bleu Nuit. Not really an inkwell type bottle but more like a refill to replenish a regular bottle.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jherbin, jewelofinks, inks, bottle, caps, anomaly

Sponsored Content

|