These Are My Geha Pens

pomperopero

I think I have completed my Geha collection :happy: , thats why I have taken some photos.
Hope you like it.
From the top to botton; 780, 780, 790, 760 y 720 Regent.

17817_10153132305612436_2180143224634808

10455804_10153132305652436_6509792197826

11014268_10153132305587436_4764548800871

1924349_10153132305677436_73916938822616

11042293_10153132305662436_3631624710901

EDIT: See post 15 for pics.

Edited by RMN

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pomperopero

• Bo Bo Olson

• whych

• MGLX

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice! Were they difficult to find?

I only have a ratty old schoolpen, but it does have an OM nib that is quite fun to use, so it gets thrown into the pencil case regularly. :D

Pomperopero: lovely collection; but can you tell me something about what a 705 might be worth: I want to sell mine to fund another Pelikan. I don't know anything about Geha, so should I assume that the higher the model number, the better the pen? Mine has the reserve "rocker switch" under the feed, has a lovely 14ct flexible fine nib (I <think>, although the barrel has EF imprinted in it) and is in plain black. Any thoughts, please?

Edited by Christopher Godfrey

Very nice! Were they difficult to find?

I only have a ratty old schoolpen, but it does have an OM nib that is quite fun to use, so it gets thrown into the pencil case regularly. :D

I think I have been lucky because these models are not easy to find. It took me 5 years to get all these pens.

The oblique flexible nibs are wonderful to write, I love them too.

1545652_10153135723792436_30901716202169

Pomperopero: lovely collection; but can you tell me something about what a 705 might be worth: I want to sell mine to fund another Pelikan. I don't know anything about Geha, so should I assume that the higher the model number, the better the pen? Mine has the reserve "rocker switch" under the feed, has a lovely 14ct flexible fine nib (I <think>, although the barrel has EF imprinted in it) and is in plain black. Any thoughts, please?

Hi Christopher.
I don´t think that the higher the model number, the better the pen. If you check out the number of the Oversize model, which is supposed to be better, you will see the lower number.
It is well known that Pelikan fountain pens are built strong to last long. That´s not the case on Geha pens. But, their gold nibs are flexier than the Pelikan ones.
If you want to sell it to fund another Pelikan, it´s OK. But I don´t think you will get a better nib.
Hope someone else could help you.
Edited by pomperopero

Thanks for the advice and input, P -- interesting comments!

Thanks for your beautiful photos.

Applause for your taste and devotion.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Outside the 725, the 790, and similar looking School pens those Geha pens are very well made and solid.....(missing the 780's to me new :thumbup: (grumble-grumble), and a 760 always comes up when broke), do have the gray stripped 790 OB and two regular 790s semi-flex KM and 'flexi'/maxi-semi-flex EF and a rare three ring 790 semi-flex M....

The late '60-70's and later school pens and cartridge pens are nothing I chased....but could expect them to be of lesser quality. Geha was the first German cartridge pen.

Do need that Regent too. Had no luck with the early '50's red emblem cap ring pens yet either.

I won't say the Geha nibs are more flexible than the '50's Pelikans I have....I do have a couple of 'flexi'/maxi-semi-flex Pelikans a 500 and 400nn. But the Geha nib is quite good at least as good a Pelikan. The Geha steel nib is as good as the gold.

The Pelikan 120 and the Geha school pen have good regular flex nibs, with Geha having more of the American bump under than the 120.

The Geha does have two different but similar looking to the 790 school pens, taking different nibs....the one I do have is a 'flexi'/maxi-semi-flex...to my vast surprise. I'd swapped some normal school nibs for a Geha school nib with more flex and found out the regular school pen wouldn't take it....so swapped barrels with a good chap in GB.

The 725 has a problem with it's age, now that the cap can develop micro cracks. Mine got to me perfect, then after a week or two I noticed a slight hair line crack in the cap that was not there when it got to me. It has not grown since. In being aware of the problem, looked. Picture with permission Penboard.de....they make a much better picture.

The thin medium large 725 is the most elegant of my pens. Rolled gold trimming, flat gold disks, and I really got to make a picture of the clip....very, very elegant, astounding what two artful lines on the clip can do. One of my three "perfectly" balanced pens.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm300/BoBoOlson/Goldschwingnib-2.jpg

This true three ring 790 pen cleaned up much brighter than the Ebay picture I bought ...when I bought the pen.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm300/BoBoOlson/img8414j.jpghttp://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm300/BoBoOlson/img8413e.jpg

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Just compared my Grey striped Geha 790 14K OB with my Pelikan 140 14 C OB.....and the Geha is a tad more flexible as semi-flex. Both are semi-flex.

Normaly, I feel that most of my semi-flex clump together in the middle of the flex set. I do have a couple that are a bit harder than most....none really what I'd say are much more flexible than the 'norm'.

In Pelikan I have a super-flex; easy full flex 100n from @ '38. From the '50's a 500 OBB, 400 OF, 400NN in OF & Ibis OF that are maxi-semi-flex. The underlined are new to me.

A 140 OB&OF, 400n B in semi-flex.

And a 400 D, a nails nail. I do have newer, semi-vintage but they don't count...being regular flex.

Well, My Geha 725 is semi-flex F.

Semi-flex 790 KM, humm, could be is that's 'flexi'/maxi'...I thought it semi-flex for the longest time; since I got it four or so years ago. It seemed = to my 140 OB....but it seems I did not have the experience in 'flexi'/maxi-semi-flex then...and never 'tested' that nib again...even if I wrote with it. In I was inexperienced with 'flexi'/maxi....I'd not looked for it, nor noticed the ease of flex because I was not looking for it.

I was 'sure' my true 3 ring was semi-flex too but looks 'maxi' now that I take a good look at it. The pen was labeled M but was an EF....and I don't use EF much, so didn't give it a fair trial. I knew the other 790 EF was 'flexi'/maxi-semi-flex and :doh: having thought the KM was semi-flex thought thought it 'rare'.

There are two different student pens, that look so much alike, but do not take the same nib. I'd sent some one in England 4 nice regular flex FK nibs, in return for a body. They did not fit. I sent him my remaining FK nib and he sent me a steel nib with no FK on it. The pen body has FK on it, but no marking on the nib. It is 'flexi'/maxi-semi-flex. :yikes: It is not like the other FK nibs, in it does not have an 'American Bump under'. It is the normal 'flattish' fiftyish nib.

I was wrong or partially wrong about the Geha flex being the same the semi-flex 140 or my 400n. Two of the Geha pens I thought semi-flex were actually 'flexi'/maxi-semi-flex....and a tad lighter to press than my 400nn.

Poperino was right....on the whole Geha seems to make a flexier nib with in the 'flexi'/maxi subset in the '50's pens. :thumbup: , and my gray stripped 790's semi-flex is a slight tad lighter in flex than my 140s (2).

Great so now I have 15 17 'flexi'/maxi-semi-flex pens.

One can glue an assumption in one's mind :unsure: ....like that Geha was mostly semi-flex.....and not press the next pens enough to show they had a bit more flex....if one's mind is already made up. :rolleyes:

Some times it's real nice to be wrong. :happyberet: :D

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

pomperopero

Nice collection, I can believe it's taken so long. The black pens are relatively easy to find, but the striped ones are very uncommon.

So far have only found the grey stripe and seen one of the brown stripe which went for more than I was prepared to pay.

Most of the Geha nibs are better than Pelikan's. Even the steel ones on the Schulfuller have flex.

The oblique steel are more like nails though.

• 3 months later...

Hi, do you have one geha 790 or 760 with grey strips for sale?

• 3 years later...

Hello all,

I lost the green button found below the feed on my Geha fountain pen (photo attached). Anyone have a spare one (from a defunct pen perhaps) that they're willing to sell? Alternately, any idea where I can find one?

Thanks!

Sami

post-147646-0-31705400-1550149009.jpg

Try monitoring eBay.de and eBay.uk for anything GeHa: I see parts for sale from time to time, although I can’t specifically recall seeing just the green button. Perhaps a nib unit will show up there.

@sebarakat

Look on bay.de. Occasionally Geha nibs come up for sale. Failing this, buy an old cheap Sculfuller for the button.

• 4 weeks later...

The gray stripped '790' was actually a medium-small 760. Still a fine pen. The 760 with the gold piston ring was a flagship while the standard sized 790 wasn't.

My 760 lacing the gold piston knob ring must have been when the 725 came in as Flagship.

The early '50's and the 780's are on my want list.

There is a poster I started out in Geha with the 790....who rapidly outpaced me. :thumbup:

Edited by Bo Bo Olson