The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ink Review: Organics Studio Boron

organics studio brown red brown boron

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2015 - 23:34

Here is a mostly handwritten review of Organics Studio Boron which is a brown ink. The other brown inks I have are MB Toffee Brown, Sailor Do-you, and Visconti Brown/Sepia, both of which are somewhat harder than this ink. That in itself is not good or bad, just the way of this ink. How it appears can change quite a bit depending on the pen. In one pen it was lighter, but another it was darker.

Pictures taken with iPhone, so not really color corrected. I'll need to post the chromatics later as that's still drying. But there is a definite green dye there as well as the brown.

OS inks aren't being made anymore at this time, but Vanness Pen Shop appears to have a little of this particular ink in stock. There may be another retailer out there that also has some bottles. Anderson Pens has others of the OS inks, but not this one.

IMG_2998.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Frank C

Frank C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2015 - 00:21

Thanks for the review I like brown ink. Organics Studio is apparently a one-man operation and he is currently in graduate school. 

http://organicsstudio.blogspot.com

I'm sure he's busy with other things. Maybe when he's done with school, he will be making more and better inks. 

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson "I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel
I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

#3 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:08

Great job. I like this ink a lot.

#4 white_lotus

white_lotus

Caution: Absinthe Distiller with Ink

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 2,645 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:40

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, the OS Inks were a one person operation, but the maker doesn't have time with grad school to continue production.

#5 Morbus Curiositas

Morbus Curiositas

Inkoholic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2015 - 19:11

Nice work..... nice ink nice brown...

Thanks

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism  :) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: organics studio, brown, red brown, boron

Sponsored Content

|