Chicago Pen Show

Roger W.

Is there any information on the auction items? I need to know how much money to bring ("enough" or "all of it" don't quite fly)...

Thanks,

Brian

Edited by bsenn

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roger W.

• cvasara

• bsenn

• gweimer1

Is there any information on the auction items? I need to know how much money to bring ("enough" or "all of it" don't quite fly)...

Thanks,

Brian

^^^ what he said...and we should meet up there at some point.

^^^ what he said...and we should meet up there at some point.

Gary, I will be at the show Friday afternoon and maybe for the auction. I have non-pen fun planned the rest of the weekend.

Brian

Gary, I will be at the show Friday afternoon and maybe for the auction. I have non-pen fun planned the rest of the weekend.

Brian

Then we should plan to meet. I'm going to be there Friday, and part of Saturday. I grew up near there, so I also have other things planned.

We could meet in the auction preview room, say 3:00?

Edited by gweimer1

Thanks,

Brian

Well, the other bidders hope it isn't enough. Auctions can be that way, Ya' Know.

Then we should plan to meet. I'm going to be there Friday, and part of Saturday. I grew up near there, so I also have other things planned.

We could meet in the auction preview room, say 3:00?

Sounds great!

Well, the other bidders hope it isn't enough. Auctions can be that way, Ya' Know.

Yep, one person's enough is another person's too much is another person's pocket change...

Yep, one person's enough is another person's too much is another person's pocket change...

Or, another way to say it is, "no guts, no glory". That works in all collectable auctions, & the stock market. And a few other things. :)

Chicago is starting! Things to know -

We are almost sold out!

Parking is $8 all day at the hotel or free at the parking structure which is catty corner and one building down (not strictly catty corner - I was a bit optimistic there)

There is construction going on (what part of Chicago didn't you get?) but you can turn off of Higgins or Mannheim right at the hotel just watch the entrances.

Thursday we will be in the O'Hare East room.

Friday through Sunday table holders can set up at their tables with no tear downs the entire weekend! The same security firm has been hired (many of you will recognize Ken) and there will be security all weekend.

See you all there!!!

Roger W.

Chicago is starting! Things to know -

We are almost sold out!

Parking is $8 all day at the hotel or free at the parking structure which is catty corner and one building down (not strictly catty corner - I was a bit optimistic there)

There is construction going on (what part of Chicago didn't you get?) but you can turn off of Higgins or Mannheim right at the hotel just watch the entrances.

Thursday we will be in the O'Hare East room.

Friday through Sunday table holders can set up at their tables with no tear downs the entire weekend! The same security firm has been hired (many of you will recognize Ken) and there will be security all weekend.

See you all there!!!

Roger W.

Good Morning:

Does that 'free' parking structure have a address or a name?

Thanks, and good luck with the show.

The only road parallel to Mannheim is Orchard Place and it is on that just North of Zemke. There are not that many buildings on this corner at all - so Northeast corner Orchard Place and Zemke.

Roger W.

IIRC, the parking structure Roger refers to is a multi-level lot attached to the office building that is actually catty-corner from the Sheraton Hotel. The lot is behind the office building, but you can see it from the driveways around the hotel. The parking structure is to the east of the hotel and office building.

See you all bright and early Saturday morning!

Is Mike Masuyama still planning to be there?

Edited by xwordaddict

THANK YOU, ROGER, PAT AND DON!

I flew from Scramento for the Chicago show, and very happy I did!

Steve Mandel was outstanding as auctioneer. He made it lots of fun:))))))

Very happy I made the trip,

Doug

Hey guys, I bought a pen at the show and need to get in touch with the guy I bought it from. I'm pretty sure it was Tim Pearson. Does anyone have his contact information?

Hey guys, I bought a pen at the show and need to get in touch with the guy I bought it from. I'm pretty sure it was Tim Pearson. Does anyone have his contact information?

I picked up his business card let me scan it and I will PM you with the info.

Ken